Comment

• Alafarkinbama 45
      Dabo 20

Comment

• I’ll bite.
        Bama 38
        Clemson 24
        2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

• Bama comes out with something to prove on defense. Rattles Clemson’s young QB. Clemson’s defense plays as well as they can, but their offense can’t keep them off the field and they give up more points than they have all season.

Bama-37
          Clemson-20

Comment

• Lol, I always love the annual SEC coattail riding...Bama is the only one that has anything to be proud of this season (and Kentucky, to their extreme credit). The rest of the SEC can go pound sand. Sorry Luke, but I'll also give you a little bit of credit because you root for the Buckeyes . That said, I had an absolutely amazing time at my first ever Rose Bowl Game, the 105th version. Here's some photos:

Tim
            2021 Lone Star MasterBash
            Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
            1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
            1995 MC ProStar 205
            ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

Comment

• Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post
              Lol, I always love the annual SEC coattail riding...Bama is the only one that has anything to be proud of this season (and Kentucky, to their extreme credit). The rest of the SEC can go pound sand. Sorry Luke, but I'll also give you a little bit of credit because you root for the Buckeyes . That said, I had an absolutely amazing time at my first ever Rose Bowl Game, the 105th version.
              By this logic you don't have anything to be proud of either
              2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
              2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
              Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
              Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbmccul View Post
                By this logic you don't have anything to be proud of either
                I'm not talking about National Championships or Playoffs, etc. I'm talking about team accomplishments. You always see year in and year out a bunch of middling SEC teams hitching up to the Bama Death Star and beating the SEC drum like their school won any of those National Championships. Ohio State went 13-1, has back to back B1G Championships, and a Rose Bowl victory, that's something Ohio State should be proud of, not other B1G schools. I don't want another B1G school to get to a National Title because that means they went through us to get there. Guess I just don't understand the SEC conference mentality...B1G schools seem to hate each other.
                Tim
                1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
                1995 MC ProStar 205
                ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

Comment

• Ok, here's a little analysis of my own. It combines two major success factors and demonstrates who the contenders are.

1. Who's familiar with the Blue-Chip-Ratio?

This is what it says: Put simply, teams who win the title sign more four- and five-star recruits than two- and three-stars over the previous four signing classes.

This has been true for about as far back as modern recruiting rankings can be tracked.

It’s easy to think of the stat as the percentage of four- and five-stars signed by a team, out of total signees. Generally, teams whose signees are less than 50 percent blue-chips over the previous four years can’t be considered national title contenders.

Here's the chart of 2018 teams with a BCR greater than 50. If you're team is not on this list...you probably have zero chance to make the CFP let alone win it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• 2. Now we all know that it take some serious $$$ to run these major programs.

Here's a list of the top 28 spending programs in the FBS. Again, if you're team is not on THIS list, you're probably not making it to the big dance either.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• You'll notice they're color coded by conference. I'll save you the time of having to count who has how many. Here you go:
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post
                        I'm not talking about National Championships or Playoffs, etc. I'm talking about team accomplishments. You always see year in and year out a bunch of middling SEC teams hitching up to the Bama Death Star and beating the SEC drum like their school won any of those National Championships. Ohio State went 13-1, has back to back B1G Championships, and a Rose Bowl victory, that's something Ohio State should be proud of, not other B1G schools. I don't want another B1G school to get to a National Title because that means they went through us to get there. Guess I just don't understand the SEC conference mentality...B1G schools seem to hate each other.
                        I'm with you there. Nothing would make me happier than to watch all the bandwagon Bama fans cry over losing to Clemson. Out of the 4 college football playoff teams I can't stand a single one of them but Clemson to me is the lesser of the two evils at this point.

Proud of the way my Tigers fared this season, all of the CFB talking heads predicted we would win 6 maybe 7 games with one of the toughest schedules in the country. A 10 win season and a Fiesta Bowl win is good in my book!
                        2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
                        2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
                        Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
                        Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timr71 View Post
                          2. Now we all know that it take some serious $$$ to run these major programs.

Here's a list of the top 28 spending programs in the FBS. Again, if you're team is not on THIS list, you're probably not making it to the big dance either.
                          Where is this info from?
                          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                          For Sale:
                          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Let's stop here an observe a few things.

1. The SEC and the B1G have way more money invested in football programs from the top to the bottom of their conference than the other 3 Power 5 conferences added together. Let that sink in for a bit.

2. Also, the teams represented on the $ list and the numbers from each conference pretty much align with who and how many have represented their conference in the CFP + BCS era.

Comment

• Here's where it gets really interesting. If you add the BCR and the Spend ranks together you get an idea of who has the most leverage or opportunity. Basically, who has everything that they need to be successful.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                                Where is this info from?
                                I think most of it's public record from the schools themselves, but I believe they use estimates for the private schools like USC and Notre Dame because they have no requirement to report these numbers.
                                Tim
                                1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
                                1995 MC ProStar 205
                                ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

Comment

Working...
                                X