Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timr71 View Post

The Tide might be better off to hire some young up and coming guy who's a little too naive to know exactly what they'd be signing up for.
    Once ol' Nicky does walk away, those are going to be some massive shoes to fill in Tuscaloosa. Heck, the man has a statue of himself in front of the stadium and he's still coaching there!
    2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
    2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
    Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
    Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loewen View Post
      . Also like that CantRepeat is an apropos screen name today for Bama.
      Originally posted by jbmccul View Post
      Uh......so would that mean that they are....eh-hem....'One and Done'?
      2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
      "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
      Taxation = Theft

Comment

• Originally posted by bobx1 View Post
        Something was off with Saban last night (not the usual yelling/screaming). Here are the two takes I have heard:

1 - My oldest son (all 3 of my kids graduated from LSU) said this last night.... "The last time I saw Nick Saban look like that on the sidelines was his last bowl game when coaching LSU. He left for the pros after the game."

2 - This morning, some talking heads on ESPN said "Saban didn't look the same" and another talking head said "he had nothing to yell at". Clemson was making some incredible plays and their game plan was top notch. In other words, there was nothing or no one to yell at.

So what is your vote? Is he:

A - returning to Bama?
        B - going to the NFL?
        C - retiring?
        A - Staying at Bama

He already ran from the NFL once and he is pushing 70. Why would he want to try that again???

I doubt he retires. Didn't he just sign a contract that carries him to 2024???

Comment

• Originally posted by 03 35th Anniversary View Post
          A - Staying at Bama

He already ran from the NFL once and he is pushing 70. Why would he want to try that again???

I doubt he retires. Didn't he just sign a contract that carries him to 2024???
          Yeah, the media might be reading a little too much into the situation. At times this year, I've thought that he looks (at least visibly) like he's having more fun now than he ever has. I mean everyone has always thought that he NEVER looks satisfied.

This is not an excuse in anyway, last night created a new level of diversity that Saban likes to attack.

Remember this? (clip link below) I think he'll be motivated to climb the mountain again. We'll see.

https://youtu.be/_5fxY3h0h3c

Comment

Yeah, the media might be reading a little too much into the situation. At times this year, I've thought that he looks (at least visibly) like he's having more fun now than he ever has. I mean everyone has always thought that he NEVER looks satisfied.

This is not an excuse in anyway, last night created a new level of diversity that Saban likes to attack.

Remember this? (clip link below) I think he'll be motivated to climb the mountain again. We'll see.

https://youtu.be/_5fxY3h0h3c
            As an LSU alum it motivates me, and I hope our team, by showing not only can you beat him, but you don't need a last second hail mary or kick-6 to do it. It has been shown that you can blow out a Saban-led Alabama team.

I hope to see many more in the near future

Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbmccul View Post
              As an LSU alum it motivates me, and I hope our team, by showing not only can you beat him, but you don't need a last second hail mary or kick-6 to do it. It has been shown that you can blow out a Saban-led Alabama team.

I hope to see many more in the near future
              That's why they actually play the games. We'll see where it goes.

All I can say is this much...They'll be an entirely new level of anti-SEC angst being spewed by the Joel Klatt's and Danny Kannels of the media world, if/when Bama / LSU / Texas A&M become a three headed monster from the SEC West. How much are they going to hate if all 3 are ranked in the top 5 each with one loss in a round-robin kind of way. Three way tie for the SEC West, one goes to ATL and at least one other gets into the CFP. That will get you the next round of expansion.

I'm not saying that THAT will happen, I'm just saying it could happen.

Comment

That's why they actually play the games. We'll see where it goes.

All I can say is this much...They'll be an entirely new level of anti-SEC angst being spewed by the Joel Klatt's and Danny Kannels of the media world, if/when Bama / LSU / Texas A&M become a three headed monster from the SEC West. How much are they going to hate if all 3 are ranked in the top 5 each with one loss in a round-robin kind of way. Three way tie for the SEC West, one goes to ATL and at least one other gets into the CFP. That will get you the next round of expansion.

I'm not saying that THAT will happen, I'm just saying it could happen.
                I think expansion is inevitable, but I don't think it should go past 6-8 teams. You still need to make the regular season count for something. All 5 Power 5 Conference champions get in and then the 3 remaining are wild-card spots for the committee to determine.

Comment

• The final AP and coaches polls are out. LSU managed to finish 6th in the AP and 7th in the Coaches in a season where we were projected to only win 6-7 games. I'll take it!

On to 2019!

Comment

• Well, from someone who just moved from Oregon 3 months ago to 15 miles from Clemson, its nice to have a good team to root for, for a change. I'll still root for the Oregon teams as they are my home teams.

Visited Clemson's new $55mil FB practice facility a couple months ago and it is something else. I can see why the program attracts talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lupS-rvh6Zw

The Oregon Ducks don't have it so bad either having Uncle Phil as a supporter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbKM6qJ2Tc
                    Currently schlepping on BIL's X46

MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 X2, Indmar 350 MCX (Sold)
                    OJ 522 14.75 x 15.5
                    Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel
                    http://www.crowniehq.net

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL2aZiYcfiE
                      -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Originally posted by BrooksfamX2 View Post
                        Well, from someone who just moved from Oregon 3 months ago to 15 miles from Clemson, its nice to have a good team to root for, for a change. I'll still root for the Oregon teams as they are my home teams.

Visited Clemson's new $55mil FB practice facility a couple months ago and it is something else. I can see why the program attracts talent.
                        Good luck with this post. CP's likely to come along a light you up as a "bandwagon" fan. Maybe he won't see this.

Looking ahead to next year, Good luck with this Texas A&M:
                        - at Clemson
                        - at Georgia
                        - at LSU
                        - hosts Alabama

4 top 5 teams...no one will be saying you have a weak strength of schedule. Well other than Long Horns, but they're not the sharpest of college football fan bases.

Comment

Good luck with this post. CP's likely to come along a light you up as a "bandwagon" fan. Maybe he won't see this.

Looking ahead to next year, Good luck with this Texas A&M:
                          - at Clemson
                          - at Georgia
                          - at LSU
                          - hosts Alabama

4 top 5 teams...no one will be saying you have a weak strength of schedule. Well other than Long Horns, but they're not the sharpest of college football fan bases.
                          Those are 4 tough teams to play in general, let alone 3/4 on the road. There's a chance aTm could start the season 3-3, but if they get things rolling in the first few games it'll be hard to stop that momentum.

Also, LSU is gonna be out for revenge when the Aggies come to Baton Rouge this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrooksfamX2 View Post
                            Well, from someone who just moved from Oregon 3 months ago to 15 miles from Clemson, its nice to have a good team to root for, for a change. I'll still root for the Oregon teams as they are my home teams.
                            Where'd you move to? My parents have a place pretty close to there.
                            Last edited by jbmccul; 01-09-2019, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbmccul View Post
                              Those are 4 tough teams to play in general, let alone 3/4 on the road. There's a chance aTm could start the season 3-3, but if they get things rolling in the first few games it'll be hard to stop that momentum.

Also, LSU is gonna be out for revenge when the Aggies come to Baton Rouge this year.
                              I think we should all go!
                              Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                              Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                              2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                              For Sale:
                              2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                                I think we should all go!
                                I'm in! I'm planning to go to LSU/UT in Austin and possibly LSU/Vandy in Nashville but I still need to plan my annual pilgrimage to Baton Rouge

Comment

Working...
                                X