No announcement yet.

Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone not an Alabama fan just went ah ****!!

https://rolltide.com/news/2021/6/7/f...qr-R1KXEPWIWOY
    -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
      Everyone not an Alabama fan just went ah ****!!

https://rolltide.com/news/2021/6/7/f...qr-R1KXEPWIWOY
      They might've a month ago, maybe. Remind me when you graduated?
      2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

• Future Big XII implosion...discuss

Comment

• Originally posted by Timr71 View Post
          Future Big XII implosion...discuss
          It's imminent. They may try and backfill with UH's and the like but that conference is as good as dead.
          2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
          2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
          Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
          Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

• Gotta figure we are about to see the roots of a superconference that ultimately gives the NCAA the middle finger and pulls out to create the new college football model. Money talks and Texas has plenty of it. NIL will bolster the lucrative TV contracts. It is just the beginning.

Comment

• In the aftermath of the OU and UT news, here's what I've heard / read. Sorry, I don't have the exact numbers memorized and I'm not going to look them up. But the B1G currently has the richest TV rights packages across all three tiers. That is followed closely by the SEC. I think I read the gap was about $70 million in favor of the B1G.

Now, in 2024 when the CBS deal (tier 1 rights) expires and the new Disney (ABC/ESPN) deal kicks in the SEC will move into the lead on total TV rights numbers. By how much remains to be seen as the B1G will have a rights contract renewal prior to then and they could or probably will garner even more money.

The ACC is lagging along in 3rd and will need to do something...like sign Notre Dame to their conference permanently in order to generate additional TV revenue. While the PAC 12 and their new Comish seem to be not so much in the discussion at this time.

Gonna be interesting for sure.

Oh and the elephant in the room is will UT (the one in Austin) be able to check their egos at the door and join a conference of equals? Or are they just using this as a bargaining chip with the PAC 12 as a predetermined destination? If the SEC thing is legit, the fact that ESPN is the exclusive rights holder across all three tiers makes the existence of the LHN a manageable hurdle. (LHN content is primarily comprised of UT's Tier 3 content and the contract has guaranteed money in place through 2031, I believe)

Comment

• Originally posted by John Johnson View Post
                Gotta figure we are about to see the roots of a superconference that ultimately gives the NCAA the middle finger and pulls out to create the new college football model. Money talks and Texas has plenty of it. NIL will bolster the lucrative TV contracts. It is just the beginning.
                3 no's and it's not going to happen. I don't see A&M and Missouri giving the okay since U of T is the reason why they left the Big 12 years ago because U of T thinks they are better than anyone else. Also let's not forget Colorado and Nebraska left for the same reason. Also Arkansas hated Texas when it was the Southwest Conference years ago. Money might talk but who knows.

Comment

• It’s Texas and OU. Who cares?
                  2016 X30

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPokes View Post
                    It’s Texas and OU. Who cares?

Comment

• Originally posted by ttu View Post
                      3 no's and it's not going to happen. I don't see A&M and Missouri giving the okay since U of T is the reason why they left the Big 12 years ago because U of T thinks they are better than anyone else. Also let's not forget Colorado and Nebraska left for the same reason. Also Arkansas hated Texas when it was the Southwest Conference years ago. Money might talk but who knows.
                      Exactly! UTA definitely gets an NI (needs improvement) in Works and Plays well with others.

Comment

• 13-1 or 14-0 vote. Done deal and college football will never be the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmasty View Post
                          13-1 or 14-0 vote. Done deal and college football will never be the same.
                          It's a done deal. Will either be 14-0 or 13-0 with A&M abstaining.
                          2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
                          2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
                          Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
                          Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

• Never in my life did I think this would happen.

Comment

• Texas cant win in the Big 12, can you imagine how bad they will be in the SEC.

I also think this hurt OU as well because their brand is big now because they make it to the playoffs almost every year because of weak conference play. What happens to that brand when they become an 8-9 win team?

Comment

• As an OU fan, I look forward to the new competition. As a Big 8 (yes way back when), I miss the rivalries. Most notably, the Thanksgiving weekend OU/Nebraska game. I know new rivalries eventually form, but they are not as rooted in tradition. I am sure in football there will be battles between OU, LSU, 'Bama and the likes which will be nice to watch.

As a business person, I am sure that the athlete compensation changes will bring a whole new world to collegiate sports. As others stated, I wonder if the combination of larger SEC conference and paid athletes becomes the start of the demise of the NCAA Division I as we know it today. Be on the watch for the NCAA trying to ink long-term contracts with television networks, and other companies (Nike, Reebok, Fanatics, etc) to try to gain leverage.

Comment

Working...
                                X