No announcement yet.

Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a kstate grad I hope ou and tx get their stool pushed in every year by Alabama and LSU. Tx can go eff itself. Good riddance, slavers.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmasty View Post
      As a kstate grad I hope ou and tx get their stool pushed in every year by Alabama and LSU. Tx can go eff itself. Good riddance, slavers.
      You’d be a good fit over on Texags 😂
      Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
      For Sale:
      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
        Texas cant win in the Big 12, can you imagine how bad they will be in the SEC.
        Probably do just about the same? SEC isn’t really a great conference, they just have a great team or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by RxMC View Post
          Probably do just about the same? SEC isn’t really a great conference, they just have a great team or two.
          You haven’t been watching the same conference I have then.
          2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
          2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
          Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
          Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post
            You’d be a good fit over on Texags 😂
            A&M fans are so pissed about this move.

I still haven't figured out why Texas and OU are happy about this. They kill there shot of an almost automatic bid for the playoffs

Comment

I still haven't figured out why Texas and OU are happy about this. They kill there shot of an almost automatic bid for the playoffs
              money, money and money. wait till LSU and Bama have to listen to how cocky Texas is or think they are. they were usually 3 to 6th in the Big 12 and hope they like just 4 wins per year.

Comment

You’re nuts if you think this doesn’t make Texas a powerhouse again.

Obviously no one is beating Bama until saban is 6ft below, but this was a solid move for Texas.

Also daggers aggy. that makes it even better.
                Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                For Sale:
                2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                  You’re nuts if you think this doesn’t make Texas a powerhouse again.

Obviously no one is beating Bama until saban is 6ft below, but this was a solid move for Texas.

Also daggers aggy. that makes it even better.
                  I don't see Texas becoming relevant still. They have played in the BIG12 for a numerous years and haven't won anything since 2006.

They currently have their own network and rich alumni, yet still cant win. Now all of sudden they are going to a harder conference and they become a powerhouse???

Texas will be a .500 team at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by RxMC View Post
                    So, not so good with the math?

In the BCS + the CFP era...the SEC has had 5 different schools win at least 1 Championship. Plus Georgia qualified for the CFP and made the Championship game. That's a total of 6 different schools.

No other conference has had as many different schools participate and NOT win as the SEC has championship winners. And it's not even a little close.

The next closest are:
                    The Big XII sent 3 schools to the BCS - Oklahoma, Nebraska and Texas; they've only sent 1 school to the CFP and Oklahoma's record is 0-4 in CFP appearances.

The ACC claims to have sent 3 schools to the CFP since they count Notre Dame as a conference member during last year's Covid Season, so they have 3 participating schools in: Clemson, FSU, and ND.

The Big 10 sent 1 school to the BCS and two schools to the CFP.

The Pac 12 sent 2 schools to the BCS and 2 schools to the CFP
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Ha. I do love to watch the aggies whine they weren't consulted or "We want to be the only team in Texas in the SEC..." Huh? Waah.

I've argued with myself about this for the past week. I've come to the conclusion it has everything to do with money and very little to do with winning. Texas has a bit better than a 500 win percentage the past five years. Basketball is meaningless to conference alignment.

The SEC isnt going to make Texas good again. UT leadership is Texas' problem. OU can win and might be amazing in the SEC, but we'll see. I kind of doubt (and hope) either will be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by ttu View Post
                        money, money and money. wait till LSU and Bama have to listen to how cocky Texas is or think they are. they were usually 3 to 6th in the Big 12 and hope they like just 4 wins per year.
                        Yes, I cant wait to see what the SEC tells Tx when Tx tries to call an emergency conference meeting because someone scored a touchdown and did a horns down sign.

Comment

Yes, I cant wait to see what the SEC tells Tx when Tx tries to call an emergency conference meeting because someone scored a touchdown and did a horns down sign.
                          You think they're even gonna pick up the phone?
                          2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
                          2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
                          Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
                          Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

• THis was pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/SkaggsOB/status/...c%3D3457.31500

Comment

This is so freaking funny. I am really not a fan of the breaking up of the Big12 and I wasn't of the old South West conference.. but money talks.

Comment

• Another Gem

Another Gem for the crowd:

https://twitter.com/33KSU/status/142...c%3D3457.31675

Comment

Working...
                                X