Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post
    Can we talk about the hot dumpster fire the CFP rankings were? Why are they ranking Mississippi State, Fresno State, Minnesota other than to prop up Alabama, Oregon, and Ohio State?
    I saw some writer say they believe they do this crap just to get people worked up and talking about it, but in the end mostly get it right.

It is dumb and currently makes no sense for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by LDA6339 View Post
      Bump
      Doesn't make your team look any better but I'll give you a C+ for the effort of the multi quote and another ++ for the search skills.

I'd also like to hi5 you for putting some life into this thread!! You've been missed!
      -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• ouch

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...Nx4?li=BBnb7Kz
        -Tim

Comment

Can we talk about the hot dumpster fire the CFP rankings were? Why are they ranking Mississippi State, Fresno State, Minnesota other than to prop up Alabama, Oregon, and Ohio State?
          I don't know that I agree with how bad most they are. I cannot think of anyone who isn't on there they missed: LSU, Texas, Florida haven't earned it.

They got the top 4 right, no one looks out of place: Georgia looks legit. Bama, despite losing is still Bama. Michigan State is undefeated.

The first two out respects what cincy has done and takes note of tOSU's loss. For the rest, well past Texas A&M I usually stop reading.
          2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

Man I hope so, senior night is an 11am game against a high school team this year, so this weekend is the last big hurrah of the year. The old man and I are gonna dunk our rings (Texas A&M translation: chug an entire pitcher of beer each) at the tailgate, so it will be a good time regardless.
            That sounds like a drunkfest!!! Love it!

Comment

I don't know that I agree with how bad most they are. I cannot think of anyone who isn't on there they missed: LSU, Texas, Florida haven't earned it.

They got the top 4 right, no one looks out of place: Georgia looks legit. Bama, despite losing is still Bama. Michigan State is undefeated.

The first two out respects what cincy has done and takes note of tOSU's loss. For the rest, well past Texas A&M I usually stop reading.
              Honestly I think SMU and Houston got hosed, along with UTSA. I straight up wouldn't have ranked Mississippi State or Fresno State or Minnesota, and I think Cinci outside the top 4 is asinine. "Bama, despite losing is still Bama" shouldn't be a valid argument for putting them at #2, otherwise we should just let Vegas' betting lines determine the champion.
              Tim
              2021 Lone Star MasterBash
              Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
              1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
              1995 MC ProStar 205
              ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

Comment

• If you can stop Walker you can beat Michigan State. Walker is a man amoung boys.

Comment

Honestly I think SMU and Houston got hosed, along with UTSA. I straight up wouldn't have ranked Mississippi State or Fresno State or Minnesota, and I think Cinci outside the top 4 is asinine. "Bama, despite losing is still Bama" shouldn't be a valid argument for putting them at #2, otherwise we should just let Vegas' betting lines determine the champion.
                  I guess you have to ask yourself: is their job to put the 4 best teams in or is their job to put the 4 most deserving teams in. If it is the 4 best teams, (what I think) you can’t tell me with a straight face that Cincy should be in and Bama should br out.

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

Comment

I guess you have to ask yourself: is their job to put the 4 best teams in or is their job to put the 4 most deserving teams in. If it is the 4 best teams, (what I think) you can’t tell me with a straight face that Cincy should be in and Bama should br out.
                    Agreed.

Cinci played a weak schedule with a win over one ranked team and that ranked team played no ranked teams.

SOS has to be a factor here.
                    -Tim

Comment

• Georgia, Bama, Oklahoma , Cincy

My Buckeyes on the outside at the moment with MSU, that match up will take care of it …

That is the Prostar190 CFP ranking based look test. [emoji1641][emoji199]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                      Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                      1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
                      Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
                      "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

Playing the games has to mean something, Cinci beat #10 (the committee's number) on the road and haven't messed up like Alabama and Ohio State did. They shut the door when they refused to do anything with SMU and Houston, all the while propping up Fresno State, Mississippi State, and Minnesota.

I'm for the more "deserving", even though that generally can hurt Ohio State more than the current system. We get a lot of leeway with our brand (and so does Alabama, along with prior success).

Like I said, if it's the "four best" or whatever you might as well just run a paper simulation of the season 100 times and see who comes out on top based on the expectations.

Finally to end my rant: Fire the committee, bring back the BCS ranking system, and fill the playoff using that.
                        Tim
                        2021 Lone Star MasterBash
                        Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
                        1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
                        1995 MC ProStar 205
                        ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

Comment

Playing the games has to mean something, Cinci beat #10 (the committee's number) on the road and haven't messed up like Alabama and Ohio State did. They shut the door when they refused to do anything with SMU and Houston, all the while propping up Fresno State, Mississippi State, and Minnesota.

I'm for the more "deserving", even though that generally can hurt Ohio State more than the current system. We get a lot of leeway with our brand (and so does Alabama, along with prior success).

Like I said, if it's the "four best" or whatever you might as well just run a paper simulation of the season 100 times and see who comes out on top based on the expectations.

Finally to end my rant: Fire the committee, bring back the BCS ranking system, and fill the playoff using that.
                          Top 8 teams by record and it will be sorted.
                          -Tim

Comment

• Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                            Top 8 teams by record and it will be sorted.
                            Interesting idea, if you were king tell me: What is tie breaking procedure? How do you punish/reward teams that played in and won/lost their CCG?

Comment

Interesting idea, if you were king tell me: What is tie breaking procedure? How do you punish/reward teams that played in and won/lost their CCG?
                              We could use this year as an example. If Alabama loses to GA they'd be a two loss team. If they are ranked by BCS poll in the top eight they play. If not, then they are out.

I think eight is enough to get the all the top teams, that have a chance at actually winning it, into the playoffs regardless of conference championship games. I guess you could end up with a National Champ that lost their conference because they beat them in the playoffs.

You can hear it now! They aren't the true National Champs because my school beat them!!

But at the pro level that happens all the time.
                              -Tim

Comment

• Big game day …love that Bearcats are getting some love …
                                MSU needs to avoid the hangover Purdue is pesky
                                Navy is going to shock ND
                                Buckeyes handle Nebraska
                                Georgia wins
                                Bama starts to assert itself today…

Go Army!
                                Go Buckeyes!

Feels like November is here and a lot of the what if is bout to go way with key wins down the stretch.

Peace boys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                                Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                                1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
                                Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
                                "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

Working...
                                X