Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jharmon203 View Post
    And also let's call the CFP what is it, it's the 4 most-(ish) deserving teams and not necessarily the 4 best teams. Or perhaps a combination of the 2. I know certainly the reason Notre Dame got in last year was they thought they were one of the best teams because their certainly didn't deserve it IMO. What a joke to get in after getting owned in a conference title game.

What happens if the tOSU TTUN game is 3 points or less decided? The big ten title game seems to be a bit more of a formality at this point. What happens if the SEC title game is 3 points decided?
    tOSU or TTUN win < 3pts: the loser doesn't go to the B1G CCG or the CFP. 2 losses and too many other teams that even with unmitigated chaos it's highly unlikely. Loser also goes to Pasadena, not a bad consolation.

SEC CCG UGA wins < 3pts: Bama is eliminated from contention with two losses and too many other contenders. Undefeated Cincinnati and a Big XII champion OSU or OU probably goes, alternatively ND possibly goes.

SEC CCG Bama wins < 3pts: UGA likely drops to 4, Bama goes to 1 or 2 depending on who the committee wants to play who. B1G champion tOSU/TTUN, undefeated Cincinnati fill in the other spots. If there are other hiccups by tOSU, TTUN, or Cincinnati then a Big XII champion OSU/OU or ND could sneak in.

I honestly wouldn't even qualify this with "< 3pts", this is likely the result with most score lines, in my opinion.
    Tim
    2021 Lone Star MasterBash
    Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
    1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
    1995 MC ProStar 205
    ---------------------------------------
    sigpic

Comment

• so happy my Bearcats are in .... this is great for their program

Comment

• Originally posted by jharmon203 View Post
        And also let's call the CFP what is it, it's the 4 most-(ish) deserving teams and not necessarily the 4 best teams. Or perhaps a combination of the 2. I know certainly the reason Notre Dame got in last year was they thought they were one of the best teams because their certainly didn't deserve it IMO. What a joke to get in after getting owned in a conference title game.

What happens if the tOSU TTUN game is 3 points or less decided? The big ten title game seems to be a bit more of a formality at this point. What happens if the SEC title game is 3 points decided?
        What if Bama wins by 3 points and both teams are 12-1.

It's based on CFP criteria but clearly there is some subject opinions controlling the final picks.

We all cried for a playoff but with 4 teams we could have just left it BCS really. Needs to be 8 teams for sure and the top 2 seeds get bys the first round.
        -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Go Blue!!
          -Tim

Comment

• Ohio showing true colors with the helmet rip-n-toss
            -Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
            https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

• That's the nail in the coffin for Ohio State right there.
              2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
              2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
              Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
              Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

• Suckeyes!!!!
                -Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
                https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                  Suckeyes!!!!
                  Your Mean Green showed up today Aric

Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

• Well, that is a very nice surprise today. Didn't see that coming at all - particularly the way we dominated physically. The O-Line was just a beast, allowing Haskins and the other RBs to go off all day. And Hutchinson was the man, he did himself a lot of good come draft day. It was a nice change of pace to see OSU be the ones with the mistakes, drops, penalties, and losing their cool. I hope it is a sign of things to come from my team, I guess we'll see. Now they just need to get focused on Indy. Can't get this close and not see it through.

Go Blue!
                    Jerry

2020 X22
                    2018 XT22
                    2014 Aqua Patio
                    2003 Malibu Response LXi
                    2001 Malibu Sunsetter
                    1978 Ski Supreme

Comment

• Bama looks downright bad.

Comment

• Ouch my Buckeyes! Good win for the Wolverines! Congrats to them and back to the drawing board for our Buckeyes, good season and hoping for a good bowl game.

Aric that wasn’t our true colors, heated rivalry moment with the right call by the refs …

now I need to focus on Army Navy and will pull for Harbaugh’s boys to win big 10 to see them in the CFP!

Bummed here in Cbus
                        Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                        1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
                        Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
                        "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

• Tough day in Columbus, but our Buckeyes got outplayed today. No matter each teams record coming into "The Game" it is always a battle.

Now I am for the other Ohio team, Go Cinci!!!!!
                          OH-IO!

Comment

• 17-7 Tigers at the half, lets see if we can hold it for 30 more minutes

Comment

• Sttdb!

Comment

• Originally posted by jbmccul View Post
                                Bama looks downright bad.
                                It was a pretty exciting ending!! A W is a W!!

You just never know which Bama team is going to show up to the game this year. But still, not too bad for a rebuilding year.
                                -Tim

Comment

Working...
                                X