• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trickskier
    MC Master Poster
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by captain planet
    Now Tricky, don't get all worked up, I am simply saying OSU has won by large margins all year and Florida has been finding ways to win. The similarities between this year and 2002 are there, and I hope Tressel sees this.
    I'm still riding high after getting back from Atlanta. It's great to watch the Gators win in the Georgia Dome!!!! Anyone going to the game? I can get there for free just need TIX!!!!
    The Only Thing That You Can Give and Still Keep Is Your Word

Comment

• east tx skier
      MC Hero
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by P-hat_in_Cincy

Yep. The reality is that OSU has done everything they needed to do to be #1 and get into the Championship game...in the eyes of Buckeyes fans as well as coaches and other voting sources. Argue all you want who should be #2, but OSU will be #1 this year until someone proves it otherwise (on the field).

Now...don't we have something fun to discuss about 01.08.07?
      And, of course, there's one more chance of that happening. As we saw in last year's Rose Bowl, it ain't over 'til it's over. OSU has had a phenominal season this year thus far. Texas, not so much.

But the only rankings that matter are the last ones posted.
      Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

• P-hat_in_Cincy
        MC Devotee
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by CAPTAIN PLANET
        I just hope OSU remembers the 2002 National Championship game. That year, Miami was KILLING everyone and OSU was just finding ways to win. Miami thought they had an over-rated opponent and got shocked. I hope OSU sees the similar situation this year with respect to Florida.
        I was talkin' to a friend (Buckeye fan too) about this exact thing yesterday! I will remain confident in Tres that he will have this team motivated, plus I think the team feels they have some unfinished business. Not to mention, there are weeks worth of talk radio in Columbus to remind the players too! I'm more worried about rust and being flat after a 7wk layoff.

Originally posted by Maristar210
        All in good fun here. If someone's pi$$ed it ain't me

Originally posted by Maristar210
        P-Hat
        What size do you wear? I'm sending you and CP nice U of M sweatshirt!!!!
        You know...my dad bought me a Pittsburgh sweatshirt (I'm a Browns fan, he's a Pukesburgh fan) and you should see it. It's my oil change shirt! You might want to save your $
        2002 MasterCraft X10
        2004 MasterCraft Prostar 205v 'Wakeboard Edition'
        2018 MasterCraft XT20 50th Anny

Comment

• BIGBADBLUE
          MC Devotee
          • Jul 2005

Man, you leave the post for just a few hours and all heck breaks loose.

I will add one last comment: There are bad plays on both sides with the UM/OSU game. Fumbles, late hits, ect ... but the bottom line is that OSU won by only 3 points. Bad plays and penelties are created by the other teams scheme or talent differentiation. It is a fact that home field give you 6 to 7 points advantage so I will stick to my point that on a neutral field the game would have been different. The game was not played on a neutral field and UM lost.

One more point ... it is interesting on how UF and the media are justifing their position at #2. Not that they are the #2 best team but that the deserve it, they are the conference champs, bla bla bla.

I will be in Columbus Wednesday and Thursday wearing my UM shirt so I will probably get the $hit kicked out of me. Being a fan has its ups and downs.

Bring on USC and a #2 rating at the end of the year.

Comment

• bcampbe7
            MC Addict
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by east tx skier
            And, of course, there's one more chance of that happening. As we saw in last year's Rose Bowl, it ain't over 'til it's over. OSU has had a phenominal season this year thus far. Texas, not so much.

But the only rankings that matter are the last ones posted.

Eastie, it looks like Texas is playing Iowa in the Alamo Bowl this year!

GO HAWKS!
            If my words don't make sense, try reading them backwards.

Comment

• Faded & X9-Rated
              TT Enthusiast
              • Nov 2005

I personally like the BCS. Why? Cause it usually only screws over one, maybe 2 teams a year. A playoff would screw over many teams. If you took the top 8 teams (by the human polls) you would have :

Ohio State
              Florida
              Michigan
              Louisiana State
              Louisville
              Wisconsin
              Oklahoma
              Southern Cal

You would leave out undefeated Boise State, and the winner of the Atlantic Coast Conference, and many other teams.

Read this article from espn.com & just think of how it would be without the BCS (Michigan would play in the Outback Bowl!!!)

Before you trash the BCS, Bomani Jones wants to remind you how out of whack things were without it.
              2004 MasterCraft X9

Comment

• trickskier
                MC Master Poster
                • Aug 2004

I couldn't pass on posting this one!
                Attached Files

Comment

• east tx skier
                  MC Hero
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by bcampbe7
                  Eastie, it looks like Texas is playing Iowa in the Alamo Bowl this year!

GO HAWKS!
                  So you and Farmer are ganging up on me, eh. Where's Ric and St. John when I need 'em. Go Horns!
                  Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

• shepherd
                    MC Addict
                    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by P-hat_in_Cincy
                    The game hype stuff is starting to come out...
                    Fear the nut????
                    Attached Files
                    / \

Former boats:
                    2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
                    1990 Prostar 190

Comment

• shepherd
                      MC Addict
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by captain planet
                      Yes we do, but it feels like we have to keep defending ourselves, doesn't it?
                      Nah, you guys don't have to defend yourselves. I think everyone here will agree that OSU is the undisputed No. 1 (with Michigan a close 2nd )

though I won't fear any nut
                      / \

Former boats:
                      2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
                      1990 Prostar 190

Comment

• Ric
                        MC Master Poster
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by east tx skier
                        So you and Farmer are ganging up on me, eh. Where's Ric and St. John when I need 'em. Go Horns!
                        . HOOKEM
                        oh well east, the coogs have a conference championship to bring home to Texas!
                        Originally posted by TX.X-30 fan
                        Say yes to cheap beer---- no to ethanol.

Comment

• sanjuan23
                          MC Devotee
                          • Apr 2006

HOOK'EM!!! Seems like I was avoiding this thread for obvious reasons over the past three weeks!
                          1992 ProStar 205 351 HO Acme 4 Blade

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it is unfamiliar territory."

Comment

• LakePirate
                            MC Maniac
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Faded & X9-Rated
                            I personally like the BCS. Why? Cause it usually only screws over one, maybe 2 teams a year. A playoff would screw over many teams. If you took the top 8 teams (by the human polls) you would have :

Ohio State
                            Florida
                            Michigan
                            Louisiana State
                            Louisville
                            Wisconsin
                            Oklahoma
                            Southern Cal

You would leave out undefeated Boise State, and the winner of the Atlantic Coast Conference, and many other teams.

Read this article from espn.com & just think of how it would be without the BCS (Michigan would play in the Outback Bowl!!!)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=jones/061205

It seems to work in Division 1-AA, Division II and Division III. So the author citing finals week as a reason is moot, as well as playing teams playing with injuries, it's part of the deal. Who gets in is what it is, every year the 66th team in basketball has some sour grapes, they get over it. All the other divisions do it with 16 teams. Sure the championship game is on Graduation day for Fall semester but that is a choice you as a supporter of your team have to make.

8 teams = 4 games
                            4 teams = 2 games
                            2 teams = 1 game

7 games added to the schedule. Cut back from 12 games to 11 and the championship team will play 15 games max if they are in a conference with a championship game, others will play 14 - oh wait that is the number the teams in conferences play with championship games now.

8 teams
                            1) SEC Champ
                            2) Pac-10 Champ
                            3) Big 12 Champ
                            4) Big East Champ
                            5) ACC Champ
                            6) Big Ten Champ
                            7) at large
                            8) at large

Then you could seed them depending on ranking.

At this point only the BCS bowl are money makers, the Tennessee athletic director hopes to break even on the Outback bowl this year. Often times schools lose money going to bowls (notice the missing bands at smaller bowls). This gives conferences the ability to make their money, as well as give the fans and players a true champion. With an 8 team playoff it gives you 2 more games that will make tons of money for the Universities as well as the conferences (money to all schools in conference).
                            It's Snowing in the UP

Comment

• trickskier
                              MC Master Poster
                              • Aug 2004

Hey Guys,
                              Let's remember one thing, the Bowls were created to bring revenue to the cities hosting the event and the college teams participating in them. From what I've been able to research, the first bowl game was held in 1902 in Pasadena to help bring interest to the Tournament of Roses Parade. Michigan defeated Stanford 49-0 before a crowd of 8,000. The organizers were afraid that the lopsided victory would discourage fans from returning the following year so they replaced it with a chariot race.

My point is, are we being selfish in asking student athletes to compete like professionals just so we as fans can boast about our team being National Champions? These are young men who are going to college trying to earn a degree so they can work in the real world. Not all of them will make it to the professional world of football. And even fewer will be successful on or off the field, especially if they do not graduate.

I posted a link earlier #1476 about graduation rates among student athletes. I was shocked to read that so few were actually graduating. However, the NCAA's new academic standards seem to be working. Colleges are now recruiting different student athletes because they cannot afford the penalties. However, if a playoff system were put in place it could undermine the efforts by the NCAA to increase the graduation rate among student athletes. Playing extra games just for bragging rights just doesn't make sense in my opinion.

The BCS is far from perfect, but it is the hand we have been dealt. I for one am tired of all the sports announcers bellyaching about who is really #2!!! GET OVER IT!!!!! The officials that were nominated to vote have voted. If you don't like the results REPLACE THEM!!!! And quit bashing the Florida and Michigan programs.
                              Last edited by trickskier; 12-05-2006, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Chief
                                MC Devotee
                                • Dec 2005

College football is becoming no fun with all this BS. Throw out the BCS and let the voters decide. On another note how about even out the schedules to where the big boys play the big boys! Too many warm up patsey games on the schedules.

Example:
                                Notre Dame vs. Michigan
                                ND vs. Florida
                                ND vs. Miami
                                ND vs. FSU
                                ND vs. OSU
                                ND vs. USC
                                ND vs. Penn St.
                                ND vs. Tenn
                                ND vs. West Virginia
                                ND vs. Texas
                                ND vs. BC
                                ND vs. Navy (Too much tradition to stop that one!)

Yes I know they may be 5-6 or worst, but if everyone played a schedule like that then it would not be uncommon to have a 7-4 team playing for the National Championship.

All the big boys play some pretty weak teams and if you fill them in with some real talent then its a true view of a team. You go undefeated with a sked like above then you are the no Sh!t champ.

Oh yeah, why does the Heisman now come from the team playing for the Championship? How about give that trophey to a defensive player! Or a QB on a team ranked 10 or 11?

Too F'ing much BS in college football.

Well I'm done, true testimate that I'm getting f'ing old!
                                2008 x45

"You Can't Beat a Tree"

Comment

Working...
                                X