Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WakeWise
    replied
    We over populate the world and wonder why things are going to hell and a hand basket with respect to our natural resources.

I'm thinking Montana

Concur. I'm thinking Bozeman.

WakeWise

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    replied
    Originally posted by FoggyNogginz View Post
    ...as George Carlin used to say, "There is no need to save the earth, because the earth will be fine. It has survived through periods of ice, flooding, fire, and drought. The human race on the other hand, is screwed!"

Thanks for reminding me of that... Made me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• FoggyNogginz
    replied
    ...as George Carlin used to say, "There is no need to save the earth, because the earth will be fine. It has survived through periods of ice, flooding, fire, and drought. The human race on the other hand, is screwed!"

Leave a comment:

• GoneBoatN
    replied
    Originally posted by aquaman View Post
    Or until the Calif treehuggers ban watersports in the Delta to protect the unicorns and rainbow turtles?

I boat on the coast mainly. Always plenty full.

I use to work for a paper and timber company in Norther Ca (up there they use to think of San Fran as south). Many bumper sticks in the parking lot that read "Shoot a Spotted Owl and save a Lumber Jack". Now I think a good idea for a bumper sticker is "Shoot a Liberal and Save our Country". Of course the same could be said about any flavor of politician...

Everyone wants to talk about the environment, global warming, etc. Nobody wants to talk about the primary cause which is the invasive species that the human race represents. We over populate the world and wonder why things are going to hell and a hand basket with respect to our natural resources. And then we setup a social welfare system that pays people for cranking out kids they can support.

Funny that I go around and tell people that I think liberally. Then I tell them my thoughts and opinions on such matters...

I'm thinking Montana or Wyoming are good states for me. I just need to find a nice body of water to wakeboard on.

Leave a comment:

• aquaman
    replied
    Originally posted by GoneBoatN View Post
    Yes, but what is the water level in your lakes/rivers?

Even though we are in a pretty bad drought, I still have the Delta - that is until Gov (Idiot) Brown gets his was and drains the xhit out of it.

Or until the Calif treehuggers ban watersports in the Delta to protect the unicorns and rainbow turtles?

I boat on the coast mainly. Always plenty full.

Leave a comment:

• texasjet
    replied
    Wow, wow, wow. I can't imagine 10 per gallon. Might lead to less cruising and more floating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    replied
    Originally posted by Coolerking View Post
    Just visited the USA and just loved the rental car I had... it had a 6.2ltr engine, did 13mpg... a car that I just could not afford to run in the UK...

I came back to the UK, filled my 2ltr diesel engine and it cost me over $10 a gallon!

If I fill up my MC on the lake I have to pay nearly $15 a gallon and therefore I get my mates to come up with 5 gallon cans when we go out wakeboarding...

Njoy the cheap gas and the sunshine :-)

10 a gallon crazy... That will keep cars off the road. 50% surcharge for marina gas... Very steep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• WakeWise
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Coolerking
    replied
    Just visited the USA and just loved the rental car I had... it had a 6.2ltr engine, did 13mpg... a car that I just could not afford to run in the UK...

I came back to the UK, filled my 2ltr diesel engine and it cost me over $10 a gallon!

If I fill up my MC on the lake I have to pay nearly $15 a gallon and therefore I get my mates to come up with 5 gallon cans when we go out wakeboarding...

Njoy the cheap gas and the sunshine :-)

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    We are paying $3.34-3.55 for regular. It has gone up in the last few months.

Texas is OPEN for business, you may want to come visit ?

Toyota USA is moving to the Dallas area. Bye bye Calif.
    We paid toyota 10k per employee... stay out of texas, it sucks here

Joe pool lake is almost completely full, lewisville is 9 foot down, but we have 75 foot deep sections. drought is bad, but at least we have budget surpluses and no crazy liberals that shut down nuclear power plants.

Leave a comment:

• GoneBoatN
    replied
    Originally posted by Thrall View Post
    Gone boatn, that's ridiculous!
    At least for our $4 gas we get NO ethanol!
    no non-ethanol to be found here...

Leave a comment:

• GoneBoatN
    replied
    Originally posted by WakeWise View Post
    GoneBoatN. ..I pay 419 in the south bay. California 54 cents per gallon tax plus whatever the locals put on it. But the good news is we have great roads...Not!! Save your boat gas receipts. You can get a deduction on your taxes.

WakeWise
    Roads suck - so much you can't tell if there is something wrong with your car because no smooth highway to run on...

No deduction in CA because using your boat on inland water the taxes go to "improving/maintaining" or some nonsense of the local waterways and lakes. Sure, if you are a farmer you get the deduction but not us boaters.

Leave a comment:

• Thrall
    replied
    Gone boatn, that's ridiculous!
    At least for our $4 gas we get NO ethanol!

Leave a comment:

• WakeWise
    replied
    GoneBoatN. ..I pay 419 in the south bay. California 54 cents per gallon tax plus whatever the locals put on it. But the good news is we have great roads...Not!! Save your boat gas receipts. You can get a deduction on your taxes.

WakeWise

Leave a comment:

• GoneBoatN
    replied
    We are paying $3.34-3.55 for regular. It has gone up in the last few months.

Texas is OPEN for business, you may want to come visit ?

Toyota USA is moving to the Dallas area. Bye bye Calif.
    Yes, but what is the water level in your lakes/rivers?

Even though we are in a pretty bad drought, I still have the Delta - that is until Gov (Idiot) Brown gets his was and drains the xhit out of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X