Weight loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slalomjunkie View Post
    It’s that time of year… New Year’s resolutions… Between my season ending 9/28, and not being able to really work out like I want, I got off track and put on 11. I’ve managed to take 7 of it off… So I am close again…
    I'll chime in.....gimme 2 days.
    Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• Day 10 of Advocare 180 transformation, looking to start the journey to under 200 ... at 211 currently. Lost weight last year but gained 8 over holidays, would love to be around 193 ..... pretty active and working out with Liift 4 and other periodic cardio or snow skiing. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
      Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
      1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
      Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
      "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

• Day 17 of Advocare 180 ..... staying up to date with workouts but still can cleanup diet better ... but travel for work and having ski friends is too much fun!

Gaining on it .... down 2 more lbs and holiday bloat is going away .... how about you guys ?

2008 Prostar 214 MCX

Comment

• Since Sept. I am down to #207 started at #237.

Run 10 miles a week (Usually 3.33 miles at time, 3x a wk)
          Do bootcamp style workout the other 2-3 days a week
          Didnt really change diet, just tried smaller portions.
          I also didnt drink for 30 days... that was a big catalyst.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilkinson View Post
            Since Sept. I am down to #207 started at #237.

Run 10 miles a week (Usually 3.33 miles at time, 3x a wk)
            Do bootcamp style workout the other 2-3 days a week
            Didnt really change diet, just tried smaller portions.
            I also didnt drink for 30 days... that was a big catalyst.
            Kudos to you man, those are some big steps. Good work.

I am trying to have an active day (ski or MTB or workout) 70% of the days this year ... it is a stretch goal, but so far so good. Peace.

2008 Prostar 214 MCX

Comment

• Originally posted by 93Prostar190 View Post
              Kudos to you man, those are some big steps. Good work.

I am trying to have an active day (ski or MTB or workout) 70% of the days this year ... it is a stretch goal, but so far so good. Peace.
              Thanks! Feels good. My goal is really anything under #200

Keep the train rollin!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Double D View Post
                As soon as the weather breaks I'll be back on 4.X miles of walking a night, 24+ miles a week (with the Husky), all the while watching calories. (Eat a lot of Lean Cuisine meals...) Best way for me to lose the weight and keep it off.

I have a eating disorder. I want to eat all the time!!
                Good kind! Keep at it, I believe you will succeed. Do you use a waist trainer? I'm thinking about whether to use them when running. I lost weight, but my belly fat is still there. According to the search results, using them during exercise can accelerate fat burning, do you think?
                https://www.gearhunder.com/waist-trainer-for-men/

Comment

• Lol.....
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
                  She always misses me and when I turn her on it is hard to turn her off! She is MC and she completes me! She is the first ride that wants it as much as I do!

Comment

• How’s everyone doing health-wise during quarantine? I’m losing weight and not even trying to. Despite drinking more beer, I’m eating less. Thank God I have a garage gym or else I’d be absolutely wasting away...

An interesting shift has been occurring in my area: hospital census is at a record low. Even for this time of year as flu season winds down but summer hasn’t quite hit, people are avoiding the hospital like the plague. And that’s every department: cardiac, ER, elective surgeries, pediatrics, etc. The only thing that’s been at normal levels is labor/deliveries. So are people eating more healthy and being more careful, thus less sickness/injuries? Or are they delaying treatment out of fear? My guess is a mixture of the two.

But I digress. How are my MC peeps doing?

Comment

• Originally posted by dvsone79 View Post
                      How’s everyone doing health-wise during quarantine? I’m losing weight and not even trying to. Despite drinking more beer, I’m eating less. Thank God I have a garage gym or else I’d be absolutely wasting away...

An interesting shift has been occurring in my area: hospital census is at a record low. Even for this time of year as flu season winds down but summer hasn’t quite hit, people are avoiding the hospital like the plague. And that’s every department: cardiac, ER, elective surgeries, pediatrics, etc. The only thing that’s been at normal levels is labor/deliveries. So are people eating more healthy and being more careful, thus less sickness/injuries? Or are they delaying treatment out of fear? My guess is a mixture of the two.

But I digress. How are my MC peeps doing?
                      People quit living... so they can "live" longer... delay that treatment too long and well you won't need treatment I bet there will be a surge of issues in about 3 months from all the waiting...

Comment

• Thought it would be interesting to bring this thread back after a 26 month layoff!
                        The height of the covid pandemic brought on a lot of challenges but due to some changes in my job, I was able to remain employeed, work from home, no biz travel and ski more! Back to reality in 2022 though. Lots of work, travel and not as much skiiing. However, I've remained active throughout the past 18 months...weight has bounced up as high as 197, but now holding steady around 190 and working to get to 180. Bad diet, too much beer, bourbon and tequila didn't help the diet but that's been back on track over the last 6 months. Exercise during covid had been mostly cardio and some yoga plus skiing in season. Purchased one of Jeff Cavalier's fitness programs (the Athlene-X guy on Youtube) called AX-1 a couple of months ago and have been very consistent with the workouts and enjoying weight training, which I'd never done before. At 61 y/o while I have some work to hit my goals, I'm still WAY better off than most of the guys I grew up with...who seem to love their recliners and fast food LOL.
                        How's everyone else doing and how did you manage through the heights of Covid?

Comment

Working...
                        X