No announcement yet.

Fun/Weekend Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You may think that but 356s are all now 150.

I think it's crazy but owning a 912 and coming from a Porsche family everyone I know buying them now has at least a second Porsche they're not the 944 buyer they usually have a 996.

At this point rebuilds of a 616 are 20k

But no it's not young new buyers grabbing discounts the 912s are going to people who have 911 and 356 backgrounds.

Comment

• Anyone remember back in the early 80s people were putting 6cly into 914s?
      -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Originally posted by RxMC View Post

I don't think so. It's a 20k car ready to drive and that's insanity. I think well-off younger people are being told that anything with a Porsche crest is a good investment. And that ruins it for most car guys.
        We are all die hard porsche people. A soft window targa is a rare car no matter what, and we don’t buy them as investments. We all drive our cars weekly. It’s not 2016 anymore, any long nose air cooled Porsche is pulling absolute insane money. 20k cars maybe 10 years ago.
        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
        For Sale:
        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Don't tell me a 1975 base 911 is sought after vintage. That year is kind of a pos. With the engine and all.

Comment

Don't tell me a 1975 base 911 is sought after vintage. That year is kind of a pos. With the engine and all.
            Wrong... All air cooled 911's are now going for insane money. Go spend some time on Bring A Trailer and you will be shocked at the prices they are bringing....Now the question is how much longer will this trend continue for?
            2003 Prostar 209 MCX

Comment

Don't tell me a 1975 base 911 is sought after vintage. That year is kind of a pos. With the engine and all.
              That may actually be more desireable because you don't take the "hit" if you replace the engine with something non-factory. My dream used to be a 2.7 carerra RS but now what I want to do is build a Polo engined 912 or SWB 911.

As a kid I had never driven a really fast 911 only the 356 but now I really have found that I like the SWB 912s pre 69 for weight and handling. Give me one of those with the trans worked a bit and a Polo 4 cylinder and vavavoom.

Comment

• Originally posted by fskof View Post

Wrong... All air cooled 911's are now going for insane money. Go spend some time on Bring A Trailer and you will be shocked at the prices they are bringing....Now the question is how much longer will this trend continue for?
                bingo. All air cooled Porsches including damn 914s are through the roof.
                Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                For Sale:
                2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• I've got a buddy who has a 1997 911 Carrera or Turbo with 9070 miles. Click image for larger version

Name:	Max 1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	587.7 KB
ID:	2718583 Click image for larger version

Name:	Max 2.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	827.9 KB
ID:	2718584

Comment

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post

bingo. All air cooled Porsches including damn 914s are through the roof.
                    Exactly! Back in 2001 I purchased a 1971 Porsche 911 in Signal Orange for $10,000. It was a numbers matching all original Arizona car and I am the third owner. I still have it.... Its now worth 6 figures

I will post a few pics later tonight
                    2003 Prostar 209 MCX

Comment

• Did anyone see the Baldwin Motion 69 Camaro go for $580,000 on Mecum the other day?
                      -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Originally posted by fskof View Post

Exactly! Back in 2001 I purchased a 1971 Porsche 911 in Signal Orange for $10,000. It was a numbers matching all original Arizona car and I am the third owner. I still have it.... Its now worth 6 figures

I will post a few pics later tonight
                        Put her up!

This was our last road trip of the fall before putting it up for winter. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	47
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	2718617 zz0.hu4kpz38zzz

Comment

Working...
                        X