What's your true passion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your true passion

Just as the title says, what's your true passion, when it comes to your boat and being on the water?

I love everything about being on the water, cruising, entertaining friends, catching a set, whatever. I grew up, slalom, jump and barefooting. Shortly after getting married 25+ years ago, I gave up jumping as I was starting to have knee trouble. About 12 years ago I got into wakeboarding because, it was what my older kids (9 or 10 at the time) wanted to do and I've only strapped on the old slalom a couple of times since.

But the other day I was talking with one of my older boys, 19 now, about slalom skiing. Telling stories from the past, etc. and then he identified my true passion. He said, "Dad, you need to start slalom skiing again." Why, was my initial response and he says, "because you "light up" when you talk about it." He goes on to say that, "it's obvious that's what you truly love to do, it's obvious from your face when you talk about it." We talked some more and he tells me how much he used to love watching me slalom and would I teach him?

For years I've done whatever I've had to do, in order to be involved with my kids. Now, not only do I have a son that is encouraging me to do what I love, but I'm thankful that he is observant enough to recognize my passion and wants to join in.

I truly felt blessed that day.
    Being on the water is best, but when I'm not on the water I'm on TT.

2002 X Star
    Sold - 76 S&S

Now that is a great story. Looking forward to the follow up of you getting back on a ski and your son learning.

I'm betting you have a new ski purchase in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by texasjet View Post
      Now that is a great story. Looking forward to the follow up of you getting back on a ski and your son learning.

I'm betting you have a new ski purchase in your future.
      Thanks, and don't you know it!!!

2002 X Star
      Sold - 76 S&S

Comment

My greatest passion being on the water is spending time with my wife and daughter. After all, the boat is just a means to spend more family time together.
        -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
          My greatest passion being on the water is spending time with my wife and daughter. After all, the boat is just a means to spend more family time together.
          This is exactly the reason we have a boat too. Time with family and friends. Nothing beats it.

Comment

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
            yup life on the water with family and friends...
            sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

76S&S Thanks for sharing your story. Nothing like the day you can say "My Kids Get It". My passion is teaching people about having fun on the boat and doing things right...being a good fellow boater to others...from the launch ramp to the middle of the lake

Comment

I love your story too. One thing about slalom skiing is it drives me to stay young at heart and in great shape year round.

Now snatch up some of those sweet deals on a Prostar 190. Wait until your son drives one of these machines.
                Last edited by epnault; 05-07-2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Nothing beats the sunrise ski runs with my wife of 32 years. We watched Marcus Brown's latest video on Flow Point TV AND she said Marcus really gets it, he has a real passion for water skiing like I (me) do. Life on the water is the best life.
                  1987 & 1989 TriStar 190 Red & White
                  Ski Yesterday, Ski Today, Ski Tomorrow

Comment

Great story! I have a 6yr old daughter and 3yr old son. I am looking forward to years of fun with the family at the lake! My passion seems to change depending on who I am on the boat with.

Comment

Great story!!! I was just thinking about the passion I have for the water the other day, doesn't matter how, but I love to be on, near, or around water in any way! My oldest is four now, and I can already tell she has the same fever! And yes the boat is a good way to bring us all together, really like nothing else... Just bought one this past weekend, really for no other reason than this.... Already had a good ski boat, but now we have one we can all fit in

Hey 76, I've got a cheap slalom tug I'm about to sell if interested!

Comment

paco, I've got my eye on a decent 197 just a few doors down from me at the lake. In three summers, I've seen that boat on the water maybe a half dozen times. Just waiting on him to give it up.

2002 X Star
                        Sold - 76 S&S

Comment

Originally posted by 76S&S View Post
                          paco, I've got my eye on a decent 197 just a few doors down from me at the lake. In three summers, I've seen that boat on the water maybe a half dozen times. Just waiting on him to give it up.
                          Awesome! Better let him know you're interested. Hopefully that'll work out, you gonna get to keep your other boat too? I figure mine will end up going to someone who has a wake boat and desires to have a part time slalom rig.

Comment

Originally posted by paco_06 View Post
                            ...you gonna get to keep your other boat too? I figure mine will end up going to someone who has a wake boat and desires to have a part time slalom rig.
                            I'll probably just be a single MC guy but it is going to depend on the kids interest as well.

I've had two before and one of them usually ends up just sitting and not getting used.

2002 X Star
                            Sold - 76 S&S

Comment

Originally posted by 76S&S View Post
                              I'll probably just be a single MC guy but it is going to depend on the kids interest as well.

I've had two before and one of them usually ends up just sitting and not getting used.
                              I can understand that, no way I have time for two boats..... Which it just hit me, in in the two MC club now!!!!! Hopefully not for long though

Comment

Working...
                              X