Food Talk with TEX!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post
    Are you a measure your whisky pore type of guy?
    Originally posted by jbmccul View Post
    I'm judging
    LMAO, I like consistency! Not too weak not too strong lol

That said, that whiskey is awesome straight. A few weeks ago I had a 120 proof whiskey that could have choked a mule! It was very good about midway through the 1st shot!

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Looks great!
    Thank you!
    The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

• Originally posted by slalomjunkie View Post
      LMAO, I like consistency! Not too weak not too strong lol

That said, that whiskey is awesome straight. A few weeks ago I had a 120 proof whiskey that could have choked a mule! It was very good about midway through the 1st shot!
      Looks like it's Texas local, I'll have to go grab a bottle next time I'm at Total Wine and give it a try. I try not to drink things mixed with cokes/soda. I'll add a little water or soda water but that's about it.
      2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
      2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
      Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
      Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

• Grilled Flank Steak with Avocado Chimichurri

Ingredients
        2 lb flank steak
        salt & pepper to season
        Avocado Chimichurri:

3/4 cup fresh cilantro
        1 tablespoon fresh oregano
        1 garlic clove
        3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
        4 tablespoons olive oil
        1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
        1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
        1/2 teaspoon salt
        1/4 teaspoon pepper
        3 avocados, diced

Instructions
        Heat grill to medium high or 400 degrees.
        To a food processor add, cilantro, oregano, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
        In add small bowl add diced avocado and blended chimichurri sauce. Lightly toss to coat, be careful not to mush the avocado. (you want them to remain diced)
        Season a room temperature flank steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
        Place steak on grill and cook for 4-6 minutes per side.
        Remove from grill, let sit for 2-3 minutes. Slice steak.
        Serve with avocado chimichurri sauce
        2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

Comment

• Well guys, I’m a long way from Texas but this pork
          tasted great.

Comment

• :Looks great!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

Comment

• Originally posted by tex View Post
              :Looks great!

Looks way better than mine. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4724.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	2410380
              I’m thinking about giving up on the pellet grill and getting a stick burner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• # pellet grills suck

# Big Green Egg/kamato Joe/Primo

Pellet grills are for lazy cooks with no bbq skills

Learn....

Comment

• Originally posted by Tristarboarder View Post
                  # pellet grills suck

Learn....
                  Offset stick burners are the best! My pellet grill is just used as a warmer and pizza.

Comment

• Food Talk with TEX!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by BigGixxerFixxer View Post
                    Looks way better than mine. [ATTACH]203286[/ATTACH]
                    I’m thinking about giving up on the pellet grill and getting a stick burner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was done on a pellet grill lol.... I kind of figured real bbq people had a hatred for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tristarboarder View Post
                      # pellet grills suck

Learn....
                      Call me lazy and unskilled...I love my Recteq RT-700 and have done more cooking with it than ever before. The convenience is hard to beat because I have no desire to babysit a grill for an 18 hour cook.

Comment

• I will say that if you can manage a charcoal grill, a weber kettle is a great all around grill and smoker. I have to break it out for the holidays because my BGE is too small for multiple pork shoulders. But at $110, it's a great backup. Especially for ribs.

Comment

• I bought a Chinese temperature controlled relay and a couple computer fans. I use that to control the temp on my cheap offset charcoal smoker and it works awesome. I just set my temp and make sure it doesn't run out of charcoal. I can hold it within 5 degrees where before I was messing with the damper every 5 minutes to try to hold it within 15 degrees.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

• It's ghetto, but works awesome.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Looks good!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by stuartjr View Post
                                Call me lazy and unskilled...I love my Recteq RT-700 and have done more cooking with it than ever before. The convenience is hard to beat because I have no desire to babysit a grill for an 18 hour cook.

Yeah when I do something long on my pellet grill, I start it at night, go to bed and it’s basically done when I get up & don’t have to touch a thing. I get it though, going to extra mile with cooking usually gets you a much better result. I’ll do a proper bbq one day, but for now the pellet grill works well, can’t say I’ve ever had a bad result on it.

What are your guys’ go to for bbq sauce for homemade and off the shelf? For off the shelf I usually just buy whatever doesn’t have corn syrup listed as the first ingredient and that will usually get you a sauce better than 90% of the rest. Been taking a liking to Kansas City style lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X