Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont look now but here comes hunting season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That was bad a$$. How many coyotes did yall kill?
    Where we're going, we don't need no skis. Cheeto

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JLowder View Post
      Nope. Got a YouTube video of the whole thing though.

      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IsoxS9u9sig
      Were yall going after coyotes and pigs or were the coyotes just a bonus? That is a ton of coyotes.

      Comment


      • The main target was hogs but the cows were pushing out calfs so the coyotes were just drooling. Apparently they wait until the calf is halfway out and then tear it to shreds. Or, they wait until the momma cow goes for water then eat the calf while she's away. We didn't see too many pigs, mostly coyotes. I think I'm total we shot like 30 coyotes.

        The ranch was just outside of Haskell Texas. Porkchoppers was the outfit. They do a great job.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by pmkkdx View Post
          cool video! what part of the state was that located? looks like a screaming blast!!! did ya'll retrieve any of the pigs or just leave them as yote bait?
          We left everything...

          Comment


          • Yep, whenever we see pigs we try and shoot them as well. UNLESS, it's the first thing in the morning/evening and we are hunting whitetail. We've never taken a hog to the processor; however, if you were to smoke one up ya would want to do it to the football size ones...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
              1300 aces lease that I'm running which has about 200 acres of hardwords spread through out. Bow hunting is fun because there are a lot of tall pine trees deep in the woods. I use a lot of ground blinds as well.

              Its a different type of hunting in South Mississippi I can promise you that.

              For hogs all I'm using is a .223 AR or I use my .308AR or .308 Savage Rifle.

              I'm not letting them get up. One shot one kill.....
              Wow, 1300 acres is huge - we hunt on about 400 acres or so. I'm the only one that bow hunts right now... Our woods are really thick, could maybe set something up back in the woods but I don't have anything set up right now. Rifle hunt out of a 4x8 box blind we built, good for the kids and to keep them out of the elements...

              Comment


              • Bow hunting out of a pop up blind is one of my favorite ways to hunt.
                Where we're going, we don't need no skis. Cheeto

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TX - Longhorns View Post
                  Wow, 1300 acres is huge - we hunt on about 400 acres or so. I'm the only one that bow hunts right now... Our woods are really thick, could maybe set something up back in the woods but I don't have anything set up right now. Rifle hunt out of a 4x8 box blind we built, good for the kids and to keep them out of the elements...
                  Yes it is almost to much. Especially since not everyone hunts so the deer tend to move a lot and goo where the traffic is minimal.

                  I will hunt bow during our month long bow season and then I switch when gun season comes and then bow hunt towards the end of the season.

                  Comment


                  • How many acres of food plots do yall plant, and what method do you use?
                    Where we're going, we don't need no skis. Cheeto

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
                      Yes it is almost to much. Especially since not everyone hunts so the deer tend to move a lot and goo where the traffic is minimal.



                      I will hunt bow during our month long bow season and then I switch when gun season comes and then bow hunt towards the end of the season.


                      Well, our bow season starts in 4 months. Which is hard to believe.... going to have a great Summer on the lake then jump in to football and hunting season!


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • Here are a couple of pics of my boys out there doing it from the last few months. The freezer has been topped up!
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • great ... what kind of a suppressor do you use? I was thinking of getting one before hunting season here

                          Comment


                          • I have Silencerco Omega really like it took it west the first part of June on a week long prairie dog hunt was a blast you can hear the thump when you hit them.
                            1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
                            2008 Prostar 197 LY6

                            Comment


                            • Nice shooting. Crazy that yall are hunting right now. I'm getting everything prepped at my fields and fighting off hogs.

                              I have one hogs that comes to one of my spots daily. Went and hunted the spot and he was a no show. He has been back ever since.....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 2RLAKE View Post
                                great ... what kind of a suppressor do you use? I was thinking of getting one before hunting season here
                                It's a locally (New Zealand) made suppressor. Works well and gives a good opportunity for a second shot. My sons love it, I have shot without a suppressor for so long I have trouble with. Overall I think they are a good thing. Both rifles are Tikka Lite.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X