Dont look now but here comes hunting season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pmkkdx View Post
    here are a few from one of our game cams ... another cam had over 2000 images but all but about 8 were of hogs
    Are the deer jumping the fence to get into the feeders?

Comment

• yep, those are merely hog panels, about 32" tall to keep the dang hogs out.

we have the pens open on 3 other feeders at that lease so the hogs can get in for priming target opportunities

Comment

• Man I would love to go on a hog hunt some day.

Comment

• Originally posted by 406planker View Post
          Man I would love to go on a hog hunt some day.
          Ditto here....

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
          Everyone Dies, but not everyone lives

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843

Comment

• Originally posted by 406planker View Post
            Man I would love to go on a hog hunt some day.
            Tons of options between Louisiana and Texas. I just bought a trap so I will be getting a few myself.

If you can go hunt them, going on a hog hunt with dogs is extremely fun as well as shooting them out of a helicopter.

Comment

• Originally posted by pmkkdx View Post
              here are a few from one of our game cams ... another cam had over 2000 images but all but about 8 were of hogs
              That's a nice deer right there. Seems like you hunt all over the place down there...

Comment

• thanks, just can't tell on age from the lower quality pictures. This was from my lease in east TX near Fairfield, under pretty strict game management

Comment

• I just hope you see that deer in the day light, sometimes they go nocturnal on you...

We just found out this past Thursday we lost our hunting land, been there for 10 years. We spent all day Saturday morning getting feeder/stands/etc... off the land as opposed to putting corn/game cams out. So, things are up in the air this year as to where we are going to hunt, if we will be able to hunt at all........

Comment

• that stinks! Did the land sell?

join Texas Hunting Forum and there is a land/leases section where you might find something that fits for you/group ... or also look under the outfitters/guides section might find a good fit for a day/weekend/few days type hunt.

Comment

• went out to my closest place yesterday to shred food plots, found yet another feeder with a broken leg from hogs pushing it around. Looks like a weld failed (not my welding) and water had gotten in from laying on it's side, dumped about 200 lbs of soured corn out

a few more pictures from a different game cam at my east Texas lease from 2 weekends ago that I uploaded to my wife's iPad ... this was the cam that had like 1800 pictures over about a 3 week time period with only about 6-7 pictures with deer, the others were hogs and/or coons.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• 6 hog in one trap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• What is this trap your talking about?, we don't have hogs, just curious to what it consist of ?? .. We just bait the deer in our back yard just to watch. The neighbor will take one or two. He and I share the meat he gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
                            6 hog in one trap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to be very effective..

Comment

• Nice, getting rid of those hogs...

Comment

• awesome ... that is sweet

My buddy next to me at our KY hunting property just got a bear on one of the trail cams!

Comment

Working...
                                X