Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont look now but here comes hunting season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
    What is this trap your talking about?, we don't have hogs, just curious to what it consist of ?? .. We just bait the deer in our back yard just to watch. The neighbor will take one or two. He and I share the meat he gets.


    I bought a trap from Tractor Supply. It's worth every penny and works. 6 down, a lot more to go. The doors open by the hog pushing in and then they can't get out.

    The two females were pregnant. They are reproducing like crazy right now. We are in full blown war against hogs ha.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • well done! 6 doesn't even begin to put a dent in them as fast as they can reproduce!

      Comment


      • Good deal Dave. My neighbor just informed me of our current hog problem next door. Needing to declare war myself.
        Where we're going, we don't need no skis. Cheeto

        Comment


        • Originally posted by pmkkdx View Post
          well done! 6 doesn't even begin to put a dent in them as fast as they can reproduce!
          You have no idea. That was 4 males and two females. Both of the females were pregnant. We were very satisfied with the end result.

          My dad kept telling me all week that this trap wouldn't work, so when we showed up to 6 hogs in the trap, we were all amazed.

          This past week the hogs knocked two both my feeders and destroyed them along with rooting pine trees almost out of the ground. They are a nuisance and they need to be controlled.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by leadsthebest View Post
            Good deal Dave. My neighbor just informed me of our current hog problem next door. Needing to declare war myself.
            We got the trap at Tractor supply for $400. Worth every penny and I can vouch for it and say that it works !!

            So much easier than sitting in the stand and waiting for them to come. My camera shows that they were in the trap 2 hours after setting it.

            Comment


            • Our slalom course had an interesting obstruction last Thursday. Our best guess is they got locked together and drowned on Tues, went through a lock and dam and then floated up to get caught in the course on Thursday. The bigger buck had a sticker point coming off his base and that's what locked them together. Strange that they would have been fighting hard enough to lock together this early.

              Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • When it comes to casing does, Bucks don't mess around.

                They will do anything for some tail.

                That is crazy that you found this.

                Comment


                • It's just crazy that they were fighting so hard this early in the year. Usually they are still in their bachelor groups this time of year.

                  They were in the Mississippi River heading your way until our slalom course netted them. They probably wouldn't have looked so nice by the time they got down to you though.

                  Comment


                  • I'm betting those are from last fall, now the whitetails are still in velvet

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by tommurtha View Post
                      I'm betting those are from last fall, now the whitetails are still in velvet
                      Majority of bucks are hard rack now around here.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dmbeck View Post
                        Majority of bucks are hard rack now around here.
                        Strange in CT ours are still velvet, saw an 8 point yesterday AM

                        Comment


                        • Majority of bucks here are hard horned. No way they are from last year. A girl jumped off a bridge to winter. They found the body in July, couldn't even tell if the corpse was male or female. It took over a month for them to ID the body.

                          Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • you could be right.. my only thought to the contrary was the velvet issue and finding a dead buck in our lake in April after ice off that was fatally wounded and not recovered in Nov or Dec. It was totally intact other than bloat.

                            Comment


                            • very cool find ... central Texas bucks are becoming hard horned too but still in bachelor groups, only sparring are younger bucks more in a playful manner.

                              are you going to get them mounted still locked up? I have seen a few that were pretty cool.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bcd View Post
                                Our slalom course had an interesting obstruction last Thursday. Our best guess is they got locked together and drowned on Tues, went through a lock and dam and then floated up to get caught in the course on Thursday. The bigger buck had a sticker point coming off his base and that's what locked them together. Strange that they would have been fighting hard enough to lock together this early.

                                Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                that is really wild ... great that you could find them ... how bad did they stink?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X