Dont look now but here comes hunting season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pmkkdx View Post
    busy next couple of days ... heading to west Texas tomorrow (600+ miles round trip) to check game cameras to see if our ranch was impacted by the Anthrax outbreak, if there is still any deer, I will fill the feeders. Then Friday, load up tractor and head to my place in central TX (100 mile round trip) to plow & plant food plots. Then Saturday head to our east TX lease (400 mile round trip) with tractor to get food plots plowed & planted and get travel trailer set up in a new location at camp. Sunday pack up and fly to NH for business most of the week, fly home Thursday, load up hunting gear and pull out Friday heading back to east TX for opening weekend of deer season ... I'm tired just thinking about it.
    Anthrax break out?

Tell me more, this is the first I have heard of it.

Comment

• Scroll down and click the + sign by Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease. I haven't heard of anthrax deer deaths. It looks like EHD is a similar result.

EHD has wiped out entire farms in Warren county Iowa this summer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

• I got my spot ready last weekend... But I'm seriously not ready to put the ski down and get the bow out.
        The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

• Oh I am ready but the weather here is not! Still 100 degree days its hard to think about anything else but being on the boat right now. Our bow season starts on the 28th.

PS. yes we feed but our place is low fence free range.
          Attached Files
          2017 XT23

Comment

• Shot my first public land archery elk this week in Idaho. Happened to be on my birthday also. What an awesome day. The last picture shows me after finding my arrow covered in blood. You can see it stuck in a tree next to me.
            Attached Files
            2019 Xstar

Comment

• That elk is a dream for me. Perfect birthday gift

Comment

• huge congrats .. that is a terrific elk!

Comment

• Thanks guys!! Was pretty epic!
                  2019 Xstar

Comment

• Congratulations on the elk and happy birthday.
                    1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
                    2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

• congrats kvw4x4!!

Elk is on my bucket list for sure.
                      2017 XT23

Comment

• Originally posted by kvw4x4 View Post
                        Shot my first public land archery elk this week in Idaho. Happened to be on my birthday also. What an awesome day. The last picture shows me after finding my arrow covered in blood. You can see it stuck in a tree next to me.
                        Man what a great animal. That is a once in a lifetime hunt.

Cant wait to see what it looks like on the wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcd View Post
                          https://www.iowadnr.gov/Hunting/Deer...se-Information

Scroll down and click the + sign by Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease. I haven't heard of anthrax deer deaths. It looks like EHD is a similar result.

EHD has wiped out entire farms in Warren county Iowa this summer.

My coworker just found his top buck dead - 160" 10 pt, along with a decent 8 pt. He's going to try walking his creek this weekend to see what else he finds

Comment

• Originally posted by bcd View Post
                            My coworker just found his top buck dead - 160" 10 pt, along with a decent 8 pt. He's going to try walking his creek this weekend to see what else he finds

Man that sucks!
                            2017 XT23

Comment

• Archery season starts here tomorrow and it will be close to 100 degrees! Something ain't right!

Think I will skip the deer blind for the lake!!
                              2017 XT23

Comment

• Ours kicks off next Saturday but with temps in the 80’s and 90’s, I’ll be waiting for some cooler temps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X