Dont look now but here comes hunting season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2RLAKE View Post
    Have a local sawmill 6 miles away ... took 4 logs there and had 1x6 ash boards for my new firewood shed ... got the metal roof on after this picture ... will fill it up with oak and hickory on sunday
    I'm curious how much did it cost per board foot

Comment

• Originally posted by tommurtha View Post
      I'm curious how much did it cost per board foot
      Not much .. all boards are true 1x6
      21 - 12’ boards
      19 - 8’ boards
      $85

So that is what 202 board feet .... $0.42

The logs were from my farm

Comment

• Got it all finished this morning before the rain
        Attached Files

Comment

Not much .. all boards are true 1x6
          21 - 12’ boards
          19 - 8’ boards
          $85

So that is what 202 board feet .... $0.42

The logs were from my farm
          I was trying to compare to either Home Depot pine or pressure treated.

Nice price I assume you deliver the logs

Comment

Got it all finished this morning before the rain
            Nice work. Assuming that wood wasn’t kiln dried. Are you planning to treat it next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
              Nice work. Assuming that wood wasn’t kiln dried. Are you planning to treat it next year?
              The tree feel over a year ago or so, no not kiln dried but should be OK

Comment

• I went out to my ranch over the weekend to fill feeders and check on things. I have had this place on a wildlife management improvement (like ag exemption without livestock) for about 8 years now. Starting to see our turkey population return. I enjoy just watching them and haven't ever killed one off this property to let them flourish. And hogs, they are on the hit list 24/7/365
                Attached Files

Comment

• Me and the boy went out today he got his first piggy with my old Ruger .22!
                  He did good!
                  Attached Files
                  2017 XT23

Comment

• Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                    Me and the boy went out today he got his first piggy with my old Ruger .22!
                    He did good!
                    huge congrats!

Comment

• my son and I ran up to our lease in east Texas last weekend, laid out a ~2 acre plot, double & triple plowed it since it was an old laid out CRP field, planted clay & cow peas, fertilizer, then lightly plowed again to cover up the seeds ... now we pray for spring rains.

the picture was taken from atop of a rise in the middle of the field, about 30 feet higher in elevation than where I plowed. the foreground you can see what it looked like before I got started plowing. There is a feeder to the right side and about 200 yards long x 20 yards wide oat patch along the right side tree line from feeder to upper right corner that we planted last fall. In the far corner (upper right at end of oats) we have a ar500 gong target for checking our long distance accuracy from the stand, 460 yards if memory serves me.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Yep we could use some rain down in here in South Central Texas getting bad. Lake needs water as well. May is usually our month so we sit and wait.
                        2017 XT23

Comment

• Got the food plots ready to plant it is getting closer. This year I will be able to hunt more last year I had foot surgery.

Young one here. BTW That protein feeder was not filled at all this year. The corn feeder is working however. Just fyi.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by mastercraftka; 09-09-2020, 11:59 AM.
                          2017 XT23

Comment

• I'm diving into saddle hunting this year for public land. Got a saddle and 3 hawk helium sticks that I cut down to reduce weight. Been working on getting up a tree and learning climbing knots and techniques. Going to redo how I hunt. No more climbing tree stand and going to process my deer in the field. I did two 1.25 mile drags last year. No more, I'm packing them out.

I've got 6 cameras out on my private spot, but nothing big on camera yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by bcd View Post
                              I'm diving into saddle hunting this year for public land. Got a saddle and 3 hawk helium sticks that I cut down to reduce weight. Been working on getting up a tree and learning climbing knots and techniques. Going to redo how I hunt. No more climbing tree stand and going to process my deer in the field. I did two 1.25 mile drags last year. No more, I'm packing them out.

I've got 6 cameras out on my private spot, but nothing big on camera yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              Sounds like work but I bet it will be worth it once you get something on the ground.
                              2017 XT23

Comment

• will be heading to my lease in NE Texas this weekend to plow & plant food plots, then pray for rain. This lease is MLD level 3, so our season starts Oct. 3 and goes thru Feb. 28.

My son and I are planning on an over the counter DIY elk hunt in SW Colorado during the 2nd rifle season. I have started picking up my step count but have a long ways to go in preparation for hiking at 10k feet.

Comment

Working...
                                X