No announcement yet.

Dont look now but here comes hunting season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that is beautiful ... that is the trip I want ... a huge moose! Huge congrats

What caliber?

Comment

• Originally posted by atthelake View Post
      So after 5 years of putting my name in I was finally drawn for moose in my home zone. Missed opening day for a physio appointment but made it out the second day. Tagged out by 7:45 am about 7 miles from my house!! I was just going out to fill my tag with a some size of bull to get some meat and couldn't be happier with the result!
      Congratulations!
      1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
      2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

• Originally posted by 2RLAKE View Post
        that is beautiful ... that is the trip I want ... a huge moose! Huge congrats

What caliber?
        Thanks, I used my 30-06. It was only maybe 200 yards on a dead walk. He never even looked up until we finally called him, they're in pretty heavy rut that first couple weeks of October.
        We're pretty lucky with the moose we get around here, pretty much all farmland with some bush so their meat is incredible! And they get pretty big too, this fella dressed out over 450lbs of meat, and thats being picky with the cuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prostar 190 View Post
          Congratulations!
          Thanks, hopefully I'll get drawn for elk next year!

Comment

So after 5 years of putting my name in I was finally drawn for moose in my home zone. Missed opening day for a physio appointment but made it out the second day. Tagged out by 7:45 am about 7 miles from my house!! I was just going out to fill my tag with a some size of bull to get some meat and couldn't be happier with the result!
            Man, that moose is awesome. I was wondering about the land in the background, when I think of moose, I don't think of farmland. Interesting, congrats!

Comment

• Canada moose hunt is on my short list of possible out of state hunts, not a big a Alaskan, but much more reasonable on price.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

This is awesome! Congrats.

I know a couple folks from Saskatoon.
                2017 XT23

Comment

• Originally posted by BrianS View Post
                  Man, that moose is awesome. I was wondering about the land in the background, when I think of moose, I don't think of farmland. Interesting, congrats!
                  Thanks!
                  They've been slowly migrating south for the last 10 or 15 years. We still have enough bush for cover but they are even farther south than us where there's one tree every 5 miles. They are really much better eating than our northern moose for sure.

Comment

• congratulations on a beautiful bull!!! That is one of my dream hunts.

Comment

• Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                      This is awesome! Congrats.

I know a couple folks from Saskatoon.
                      Thanks!

Just for sh*ts and giggles, who are they? It can be a pretty small world. We have friends that moved from my hometown of 1200 people to Houston and then I ran into people from Houston that knew them when I was in Nashville a few years back.

Comment

• Originally posted by pmkkdx View Post
                        congratulations on a beautiful bull!!! That is one of my dream hunts.
                        Thanks! This wasn't much of a hunt, honestly. It consisted of my nephew and I driving up and down a few back roads, seeing this big fella literally walking across some canola stubble, I got out, walked to the crest of a small hill, laid down, gave a grunt and dropped him right where he stood. I tagged out within an hour of starting.

Now you go north and have them crashing through the bush at you on a dead run looking to f*** or fight?!? That will make the adrenaline flow!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pmkkdx View Post
                          congratulations on a beautiful bull!!! That is one of my dream hunts.
                          Thanks!

Comment

Thanks!

Just for sh*ts and giggles, who are they? It can be a pretty small world. We have friends that moved from my hometown of 1200 people to Houston and then I ran into people from Houston that knew them when I was in Nashville a few years back.
                            Scott Peters

Sherri Usselman

Josh Laycock

Jared Mcfarlene

I also knew Jason Peterson who had a hunting TV show, but he was killed in an airplane crash few years agol.

Some of them might be from Allen??
                            2017 XT23

Comment

• Here a pic of a friends moose he bagged not too far from where I got mine this year.
                              I'll see if I can find a different pic of it too. It's a good looking moose but surprisingly not as big of rack as you'd expect. There was four or five 60+ and a few 50+ inch moose shot around the area this year.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• awesome picture!

I wrapped up our MLD season this past weekend by shooting a unicorn ... one horned 4.5 year old that had dropped the one side, thought it was the old lone doe that roams that portion of the property.

Comment

Working...
                                X