No announcement yet.

Dont look now but here comes hunting season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• congrats ... I got out a little this weekend ... always fun to get out in the woods .... except for the KY ticks!

Comment

• Got my turkey this morning. Now just need to get my 9 Year old son his.
      Attached Files
      1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
      2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

• huge congrats ... trying to get to KY for tomorrow morning ... gobble gobble

Comment

• Originally posted by Prostar 190 View Post
          Got my turkey this morning. Now just need to get my 9 Year old son his.
          Nice long beard right there, congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by 2RLAKE View Post
            huge congrats ... trying to get to KY for tomorrow morning ... gobble gobble
            Thanks. Good luck.
            2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

• Originally posted by BrianS View Post
              Nice long beard right there, congrats!
              Thanks. Have you had any luck yet?
              2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

• Our turkey was a tough one too dry. Now we are flooding.
                2017 XT23

2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
                Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Comment

• Just got back from takings my daughter to Wyoming prairie dog hunting.
                  Attached Files
                  2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

• She definitely got alot of trigger time.
                    Attached Files
                    2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

• Originally posted by Prostar 190 View Post
                      Just got back from takings my daughter to Wyoming prairie dog hunting.
                      That is fun right there. I did it years ago in the panhandle of Texas.
                      2017 XT23

Comment

• Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                        That is fun right there. I did it years ago in the panhandle of Texas.
                        Yes it's definitely a good time. She wants to go again next year. Lol
                        2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

• finally finished building a new winch up feeder for my place out in west TX. Previously I had a very tall (12' to the bottom) with a ladder up one side. This location is down in the bottom of a deep canyon (250' elevation drop) with zero cell service, so I didn't feel very comfortable toting 350# of corn up/down that tall ladder since I am usually out there by myself, very very remote location.

I pulled out late Sunday for the 5.5 hour drive, got there about 9:30 pm, set up my ice chest a/c (redneck but effective), got up as it was breaking daylight to work before it got hot. Got the old feeder down, new winch up installed & filled, then off to fill other feeders (and repair due to hogs and/or coon/porcupine), swap out camera SD cards, load up old feeder and back home by about 7:00 pm last night. about 700 miles round trip.

I will rebuild that old feeder (cut legs & ladder down) and redeploy to my ranch in central TX later this week.

Holy Moley has corn prices skyrocketed ... The feed store that is cheapest in my area was at $8.50 a 50# bag, and in calling around, the next cheapest place was $10.50/bag with others ranging on upward to around $14-15. Ouch!!! I just hope prices drop once this years corn is harvested since I normally buy 13,000-15,000 pounds a year for my 4 different ranches.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• It's been a drought in the corn belt so far. We've finally been getting some rain, so you might get some relief in corn prices.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

• So here in Hondo America corn is $9.50 per 50lb bag at the moment. We have been so wet that I haven't had many deer at the feeders yet. Just piggies!!

We are getting close those. Dove season is almost upon us right now.
                              2017 XT23

Comment

• Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                                So here in Hondo America corn is $9.50 per 50lb bag at the moment. We have been so wet that I haven't had many deer at the feeders yet. Just piggies!!

We are getting close those. Dove season is almost upon us right now.
                                yep, corn has been outrageous the past several months. I am hoping the price will drop once this years harvest is done. I am maintaining about 16 feeders on 4 properties but I have dropped spin times & filling for the last couple of months until after Labor Day. My one place in central TX was overrun by feral hogs and the deer disappeared since last winter, drastically dropped feeding there for now.

I put out over 20k lbs last year but the prices were down in the $4.65/50 lbs from local feed store that bags their own from rail car ... no way I can justify doing that with even the cheapest prices being in the $8.50-$10.50/50 lbs. I can buy pork much cheaper and don't have to work on pens/feeders all the time. I bet the coons are ticked at me too.

Comment

Working...
                                X