Dont look now but here comes hunting season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bcd View Post
    Wish I could hunt behind my house. Cold front is working. This was out this evening well before dark.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
    Dang....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Darn nice buck!!!!!
      2017 XT23

2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
      Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Comment

• yep, some of those backyard bucks can be outstanding.

saw lots of does, yearlings and fawns, a few hogs, only one middle age buck that needs a few more years. The cool temps were a nice break!

Comment

• spent six hours yesterday cleaning trails and getting ready ... only a couple more hours to go!

Comment

• First hunt was Saturday evening. Shot a doe, didn't see any bucks.

Comment

• I still have not sat! Just needs to be a little cooler for me to get motivated. Our season is so long we have time. I can buck hunt till the middle of January and does till the end. Those MLD ranches here in Texas can hunt until the end of February.
              2017 XT23

Comment

• 8 AM this morning 150 yards from my house. The farmer took the beans off this week and left a gravity wagon blind in the field to the west where I got the pictures of this buck last week.

Comment

8 AM this morning 150 yards from my house. The farmer took the beans off this week and left a gravity wagon blind in the field to the west where I got the pictures of this buck last week.

Love those long brow tines.
                  2017 XT23

Comment

• I’m walking through the kitchen with my bowl of cereal, and I look out the window to see a big buck bolting down a field, heading towards our subdivision. I grab the camera and run outside to get a picture, but I don’t see him anywhere. All of a sudden, I look down, and he’s in the pond swimming towards me. I take a few pictures, and then think, go grab the bow. So I grab the bow and run back out there. He didn’t get out of the water and is swimming the other direction. I look at the field to the west and there’s another buck standing there. So as far as I can tell, the buck in the pond got his butt kicked and he had to hide in the water. The other buck eventually took off to the west (that’s the field/woods picture). I decided shooting a big one out of my pond isn’t really a hunting/bragging deer to claim, so I didn’t shoot it and let it go.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• once in a life time experience ^^^^^^^

Comment

I’m walking through the kitchen with my bowl of cereal, and I look out the window to see a big buck bolting down a field, heading towards our subdivision. I grab the camera and run outside to get a picture, but I don’t see him anywhere. All of a sudden, I look down, and he’s in the pond swimming towards me. I take a few pictures, and then think, go grab the bow. So I grab the bow and run back out there. He didn’t get out of the water and is swimming the other direction. I look at the field to the west and there’s another buck standing there. So as far as I can tell, the buck in the pond got his butt kicked and he had to hide in the water. The other buck eventually took off to the west (that’s the field/woods picture). I decided shooting a big one out of my pond isn’t really a hunting/bragging deer to claim, so I didn’t shoot it and let it go.
                        Same buck from the other pic right? very nice!!
                        2017 XT23

Comment

• It is the same buck. Here's a close up picture.

Hunting has been slow for me so far. 2.5 year old ts are all I've seen for bucks so far. Work and weather has limited my time out.

Comment

It is the same buck. Here's a close up picture.

Hunting has been slow for me so far. 2.5 year old ts are all I've seen for bucks so far. Work and weather has limited my time out.

I would be camping out for that deer! Our rifle season just started Saturday so I have only sat a couple times and saw lots of deer but nothing to crazy. Haven't seen much on camera either still waiting on our first freeze to get things moving. One crazy horned buck here.
                            Attached Files
                            2017 XT23

Comment

• While I could have shot him in the pond, I chose not to. I don't have permission to hunt any of the fields or woods behind the pond to get him fair chase.

Comment

While I could have shot him in the pond, I chose not to. I don't have permission to hunt any of the fields or woods behind the pond to get him fair chase.

Oh I hear ya makes sense I wouldn't have shot him in the water either.
                                2017 XT23

Comment

Working...
                                X