No announcement yet.

Lets talk, Strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew youd play along. And yea, that excercise sucks. I didnt want to word that any other way

Comment

My post workout routine is pretty killer.

Sit by a fire pit and pass out in a sack chair.

My days of workouts and running marathons ended when I retired from the Army, mostly. My back, knees and shoulders agree with my new workouts!
      -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Sent from using my stupid Iphone.

Comment

I was never a lifter, mine was stamina. 6'1" and 165 @ my best. I raced mountain bikes when I was young, so my heart was the muscle I worked out the most. Now I'm just a recreational biker, taking care of my heart and trying!! to stay lean.

Oh ya!, chasing my child around is my other..... but my father figure is winning.

Sent from using my stupid Iphone.

Comment

Originally posted by FoggyNogginz View Post
            Every morning I do a sit up, and at night I lay back down. If I take a nap, then I count this as interval training.
            No that is funny

Comment

I wish this thread was called "Do You Even Lift Bro" haha.

I've been on and off lifting for 12 years, I'm 30 now.

6'2" at 215lbs, trying to cut down to 200lbs for the summer.
              Bench: 295 (chasing 315 for what seems like forever...)
              Squat: 315
              Deadlift: No idea, I just started getting back into deadlift. I tweaked by back pretty good years ago and have been scared ever since.

Comment

At 54 years old, I stopped maxing out a long time ago. After standing and squatting on concrete all day long, I'd rather do this for 3 hours than 1 hour in the gym. Helps me sleep like a baby.
                Attached Files
                “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

Lets talk, Strength

Originally posted by ahhudgins View Post
                  At 54 years old, I stopped maxing out a long time ago. After standing and squatting on concrete all day long, I'd rather do this for 3 hours than 1 hour in the gym. Helps me sleep like a baby.

Now that's what I'm talking about, nice work out!!. I've got at least a dozen of trees under my belt. Its a rush when they fall and looks to be more soon, as the bugs are killing more pines here.

I'm going to start a thread the biggest Bonfire 🔥. To see what I can get out of you guys.... lol!!
                  Last edited by waterbuffalo; 10-19-2017, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
                    Now that's what I'm talking about, nice work out!!. I've got at least a dozen of trees under my belt. Its a rush when they fall and looks to be more soon, as the bugs are killing more pines here.

I'm going to start a thread the biggest Bonfire 🔥. Too see what I can get out of you guys.... lol!!
                    now i can play in this game ... split lots of wood at the farm ... chopping some more this weekend

Comment

I turned 38 this year. Really no change in my strength #s. If anything I’ve lost a little. Which got me thinking: I ain’t getting any younger. And I’ve always wanted to hit 2 plates on each side of the bar for shoulder press (225), 3 for bench (315), 4 for squat (405), and 5 for deadlift (495). I keep hearing about that “old man strength”! Does that kick in at 40? LOL. Just in case it doesn’t, I’m going to start hitting those lifts hard. I plan to do each one at least once a week until I get there. I’ll start using the Wendler program (5-3-1 method) for now and switch it up if I need to. Hopefully by my 40th I’ll have hit all those target lifts.

Right now I’m at 195 for shoulder press, 285 on bench, 355 squat (that actually went down from 365 a year ago), and 425 DL (also down from my PR of 455 about 2 yrs ago). I’ve got a LONG way to go...

Oh yeah. Can’t forget the Oly lifts: C&J and snatch. Those are currently 265 and 195 respectively. Really like to get those to 300+ and 225. Gonna train those, too. Plan to mix in front squats and overhead squats into my training as well.
                      Last edited by dvsone79; 10-09-2017, 12:55 PM. Reason: gains

Comment

But can you make toast?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4O5voOCqAQ

Comment

The Army cured me of wanting to do PT, neck back and shoulder injuries and the pain management doc wants me to do stretches and what not. Bad news is the fire chief just got some fat calipers guess I’m going to start doing PT again.
                          1981 MasterCraft
                          19' Skier 351W PowerSlot
                          Long gone is the Trans AM waiting for another

Comment

Chronic lower back issues have kept me away from heavy squat, DL or cleans for years. Torn labrum in hip last year, so "leg day" will now be forever embarrassingly reduced to light weight. 46 yrs old- 335 bench, 215 shoulder press, 240x3 dumbell incline bench. Tore the hip labrum going too deep with too much weight on leg press. Used to love doing hang cleans and heavy leg day, but the back just can't take it anymore. Sucks getting older...

Comment

?

Originally posted by Loewen View Post
                              Chronic lower back issues have kept me away from heavy squat, DL or cleans for years. Torn labrum in hip last year, so "leg day" will now be forever embarrassingly reduced to light weight. 46 yrs old- 335 bench, 215 shoulder press, 240x3 dumbell incline bench. Tore the hip labrum going too deep with too much weight on leg press. Used to love doing hang cleans and heavy leg day, but the back just can't take it anymore. Sucks getting older...
                              not too shabby...

particularly a 240lb dumbbell incline - did you by chance mean barbell incline or you a .0005%?

feel you on the getting older part major suck

Comment

Originally posted by hvlx2 View Post
                                not too shabby...

particularly a 240lb dumbbell incline - did you by chance mean barbell incline or you a .0005%?

feel you on the getting older part major suck
                                a 120 lb dumbell in each hand

Comment

Working...
                                X