Comment

ok

Originally posted by Loewen View Post
      a 120 lb dumbell in each hand
      now im with ya.......

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
        Just here to supply lube. Where you at Corbin?! Lol
        Men are talking Aric..... I didnt know this thread was still going. I'm gonna have to revise some numbers. Atlas stones anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by mts205 View Post
          Men are talking Aric..... I didnt know this thread was still going. I'm gonna have to revise some numbers. Atlas stones anyone?
          Now you’re talking! I shouldered a 240 pound stone not too long ago. It was the heaviest they had, but I didn’t feel like I had a whole lot more in me honestly. Maybe 250? I’d like to do it more often, for sure.

My brother and I workout together a lot. We usually do some strength work, a short metcon/HIIT workout, and then finish up with grunt work. Yoke carries, sled push/pulls, stuff like that. He has outfitted his garage as a Crossfit gym. He’s got just about everything. Barbells, dumbbells, racks, tons of weight in bumpers, pull up bars, rowers, a yoke, a sled, kettlebells, etc. I workout with him so much I’m going to contribute something, and it might be a few atlas stones since that is something he doesn’t have yet. I was thinking these molds look good: https://www.roguefitness.com/slater-stone-molds

Have you used a mold you like?

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
            Just here to supply lube. Where you at Corbin?! Lol
            Getting old. Still lifting heavy tho.. I'm just a little guy anyway
            Last edited by clrussell; 10-20-2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dvsone79 View Post
              Now you’re talking! I shouldered a 240 pound stone not too long ago. It was the heaviest they had, but I didn’t feel like I had a whole lot more in me honestly. Maybe 250? I’d like to do it more often, for sure.

My brother and I workout together a lot. We usually do some strength work, a short metcon/HIIT workout, and then finish up with grunt work. Yoke carries, sled push/pulls, stuff like that. He has outfitted his garage as a Crossfit gym. He’s got just about everything. Barbells, dumbbells, racks, tons of weight in bumpers, pull up bars, rowers, a yoke, a sled, kettlebells, etc. I workout with him so much I’m going to contribute something, and it might be a few atlas stones since that is something he doesn’t have yet. I was thinking these molds look good: https://www.roguefitness.com/slater-stone-molds

Have you used a mold you like?
              I just picked up a 240lb mold from slater recently, his seem to be better than the others. Order directly from slaters hardware and save some on shipping, it will take 2-3 weeks for it to ship though. I'm loving yoke walks and farmers handles lately. 600lb on the yoke back and forth is fun (and brutal)

Comment

Its all about longevity now! In your 50's you realize "ride it like u stole it" is for 40yr olds! All that heavy stuff and impacts earlier in life tears you up now...I still do all the activities I used to (DH Bike, surfing, long board, backcountry sledding), but my days of learning new high impact sports are past. So, I'll probably never be able to do flips on a wakeboard, my DH hucks arent 10-15' anymore & I go around more than through, and I gave up dodging traffic longboarding!! High rep lower weight to maintain strength and endurance - and flexibility above all else. Ive also finally figured out that if the choice is to hit a rock or a tree - always take the rock as they actually move more than a tree or at least you might roll over it.

Comment

Getting somewhat closer to the numbers I want to hit on all my lifts.

Shoulder press: 200 (this might be the toughest one to hit)
                  Bench: 300 https://youtu.be/ySWfFnI11TE
                  Squat: 385
                  Deadlift: 475

That 385 squat was with wraps. Definitely makes a difference. At nearly 40 and after all the snowboarding/wakeboarding I've done all my life, my knees need all the help they can get!

Since I lift in my garage, sometimes I video my lifts mainly to check form. For example the bench. Wanted to make sure I was hitting depth (touching chest) without bouncing, and locking out at the top. When I used to go to the gym, everyone apparently *thinks* they're performing good lifts, but few actually do. I see half-depth squats, bouncing bars off chests (or not even touching the chest), not locking out, etc. Gotta make sure I'm not "that guy".

Comment

Nice stats bro

Comment

I don't spend much time bragging about the things I did in the past, unless it's real funny. In 1979 I was on the power lifting team in college. I lifted in the 123 pound class (I'm now 160). I set the national record for bench press at 255. I think it lasted a month. I was in two invitational meets that were based on body weight percentage and I took first in bench press which pissed off the heavy guys as they couldn't double their body weight. I didn't get any more invitations.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangtexas View Post
                        I don't spend much time bragging about the things I did in the past, unless it's real funny. In 1979 I was on the power lifting team in college. I lifted in the 123 pound class (I'm now 160). I set the national record for bench press at 255. I think it lasted a month. I was in two invitational meets that were based on body weight percentage and I took first in bench press which pissed off the heavy guys as they couldn't double their body weight. I didn't get any more invitations.
                        Benching double body weight is insane. I'll never be able to do that!

I have a coworker who deadlifts 3x his bodyweight. He weighs 145 and has a 445 DL.

Comment

6'3" and shrinking LOL
                          235 lost 12 lbs since Christmas, 5 more to drop
                          38 years old

I have not focused on strength in 6 months and have swiched to more of a body building while keeping joints healthy. Yes have gotten stronger on these higher rep/ slow negative with pauses. I have seen a lot more results in definition. My sholders, back, and one knee sucks. Have no need for big strength in my hobbies, surfing, wake boarding, elk hunting, and fun in the sack with the wife.

But to answer the main question, the last time I tested these numbers last September.

Max Bench 405 lbs
                          225 max rep bench 26 reps
                          Squat 405 lbs 4 reps, broken back and didn't want to go higher.
                          Dead Lift 475 lbs 5 reps, same as above

Comment

Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post
                            Max Bench 405 lbs
                            225 max rep bench 26 reps
                            Squat 405 lbs 4 reps, broken back and didn't want to go higher.
                            Dead Lift 475 lbs 5 reps, same as above
                            Those are great numbers. You are my height plus about 35 lbs. Maybe I need to gain some weight! I know it isn’t that easy, but it has been REALLY slow making gains on my squat. I’d take on 30+ lbs of body weight if it meant 30+ lbs added to my squat!

Comment

What are your thoughts on CrossFit? I just turned 45, and joined a local CrossFit gym. I want to get back in shape, but not too concerned (at this point) with big lifting numbers. I’m also don’t want to do more damage to my knees and joints, the throwing the javelin until 30 already did.

Comment

What are your thoughts on CrossFit? I just turned 45, and joined a local CrossFit gym. I want to get back in shape, but not too concerned (at this point) with big lifting numbers. I also don’t want to do more damage to my knees, joints, and back, throwing the javelin until 30 already did.

Comment

Working...
                                X