Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backyard Engineering - What did you fabricate or create???..........Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amusick10 View Post
    I’m in DFW, don’t have an official site but Alan Musick or Musick Metalworks LLC on Facebook will get you to me and there’s several pics on there.
    dude. sick.
    Kevin

Comment

• Backyard Engineering - What did you fabricate or create???..........Thread.

Testing out the snowmaker last year I had problems with the compressor shooting out oil because it was a cheep HF deal. I went with California air...If you have one, you will know what Im talking about. I will update in the morning with a picture from it running all nite (hopefully no problems). So...far it’s been on for two hours and theirs probably three inches of snow in a big pile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by waterbuffalo; 12-08-2018, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
        Testing out the snowmaker last year I had problems with the compressor shooting out oil because it was a cheep HF deal. I went with California air...If you have one, you will know what Im talking about. I will update in the morning with a picture from it running all nite (hopefully no problems). So...far it’s been on for two hours and theirs probably three inches of snow in a big pile.

Details on your build?

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
        Everyone Dies, but not everyone lives

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyB View Post
          Details on your build?

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk

You bet!...I will post link to the web site to get free plains.

A few things I have learned over the years is to use an electric power washer (no gas involved, so you can run it all nite), a electric compressor (for the noise levels) if you have neighbors. Keep in mind it only takes one cold nite to make a big pile.

And here it is in action. https://youtu.be/wxknHScWHrA

Here is the link to build or buy your own. Very important to follow the direction. https://snowathome.com/ you can even see when the best time for your specific area code to make good quality snow. Also important to understand how to make the snow using a nucleus by mixing the air and water in the bottom sprayer. You can’t just spray water.

Last edited by waterbuffalo; 12-09-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 76S&S View Post
            Very nice, what kind of table do you have? My wife and I have been running Tracker tables for close to 15 years now.

Sorry man, just seeing this.

It’s actually not anybody’s anymore lol. I bought it as a 4x4 Torchmate 2, blew it out to 4x8, built a water table, then got all new motors, cables, THC, Lifter, and program from FlashCut CNC and haven’t looked back, been a very solid setup since I’ve put the work into it. Running a Hypertherm 85 to make the lightning.

Comment

• My quick weekend project. A patio pee box for our new puppy. He's a small guy and having a screened in patio and a yard that is not fenced means he can go in and out using his doggie door when he needs to go. The box is made of cedar, the base is lined with a shower liner plastic and slopped towards the middle where I put in a drain that is connected to a pipe that drains away from the house. I also connected a sprinkler to my drip irrigation system so it will get washed a couple times a day. And the whole thing is topped off with pet friendly Astroturf. And a 6 year old kid to pick up the solid waste.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Is the plan that he progresses to peeing in the cup?
                Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                  Is the plan that he progresses to peeing in the cup?
                  OK, now THAT was funny!!

Comment

• First I need to get him to pee on the grass then I'll entertain the idea on a cup. The puppy pic was just for reference, i know this site loves pictures.

Comment

• I needed a way to dry 10 snowboard boots and 10 gloves after snowboarding to prevent the dreaded mildew. I wanted something that wouldn’t take a lot of space and could be used in the garage. My wife didn’t want 10 boots in her living room drying.

Home Depot has 1” PVC crosses that I glued perpendicular to each other. The picture only has 1 of the 1/2” sprinkler risers I used for the 10 gloves. You get the point.

I also added a 2” PVC elbow at the bottom and added a $10 hair dryer. I use it on low because of the 2” to 1” bottleneck and because I don’t want my 2” PVC elbow heating up and melting.

I ran it overnight and the next morning each boot and glove was warm and dry inside. Only the extreme ends of the fingers weren’t warm.
                      Attached Files
                      2004 X-30 5.7L MCX

Comment

• Originally posted by Soder View Post
                        I needed a way to dry 10 snowboard boots and 10 gloves after snowboarding to prevent the dreaded mildew. I wanted something that wouldn’t take a lot of space and could be used in the garage. My wife didn’t want 10 boots in her living room drying.

Home Depot has 1” PVC crosses that I glued perpendicular to each other. The picture only has 1 of the 1/2” sprinkler risers I used for the 10 gloves. You get the point.

I also added a 2” PVC elbow at the bottom and added a $10 hair dryer. I use it on low because of the 2” to 1” bottleneck and because I don’t want my 2” PVC elbow heating up and melting.

I ran it overnight and the next morning each boot and glove was warm and dry inside. Only the extreme ends of the fingers weren’t warm.
                        Genius!

Comment

• I love the boot and glove dryer. Nice simple solution to a real world issue. Nothing worse than putting a cold show, or glove back on the next day. The boots would stay warm all morning I bet.
                          "One foot in the grave, one foot on the pedal, I was born a rebel" Petty

Comment

• What kind of heat source did you use. Great idea

Comment

• Originally posted by epnault View Post
                              What kind of heat source did you use. Great idea
                              The heat comes from the hair dryer on low heat/speed.
                              2004 X-30 5.7L MCX

Comment

• Brilliant!! Beats the heck out of these for 750 $

https://chinookbootdryer.com/Chinook_B600.html

Comment

Working...
                                X