Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backyard Engineering - What did you fabricate or create???..........Thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SwissCraft1291 View Post
    I designed a counter for my "mancave".
    4m wide and about 180kg .223 / .308 cartridges.
    That is sweet!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SwissCraft1291 View Post
      I designed a counter for my "mancave".
      4m wide and about 180kg .223 / .308 cartridges.
      Awesome!

      Comment


      • I drive a company car and want to take my mountain bike with me when I travel. However they restrict how we can add to the vehicle:

        -No tow hitches
        -No roof racks

        I could use a trunk rack but I'm in and out of my trunk all day and it won't stay open with the weight of my bike on it.

        Due to the flaming success of our homemade "suck gate," and online searches, I decided to bolt a bike fork mount to a suction cup and go for it.

        SUCK-sess! I attached a bungee cord to the strut mount for the back door. Tested at 85mph and all is good.

        I stuck it to the windshield instead of the roof to prevent distorting the sheet metal. I also have a sanity check that I can see while driving.
        Attached Files
        2004 X-30 5.7L MCX

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Soder View Post

          I also have a sanity check that I can see while driving.
          For this?
          Attached Files
          “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ahhudgins View Post
            For this?
            This is my constant fear...that I will forget about the bike thinking “hey, the car is dirty after that drive to go mountain biking in the desert. How about a car wash?”
            2004 X-30 5.7L MCX

            Comment


            • ^Nice work on the Suck-sess Bike Rack. You should patent it. Anything under the rear tire, maybe even a clear film patch?

              The Admiral has mashed one of my bikes in our parking garage. Don't tell anyone, but may have mangled two over the years.

              Comment


              • Nice job on the bike mount. I've seen the SeaSucker racks at the races...very cool idea that works great. Short of a meeting with the frame around the garage door, the bike isn't going anywhere.

                https://www.seasucker.com/collections/bike

                Comment


                • Originally posted by edwin View Post
                  Nice job on the bike mount. I've seen the SeaSucker racks at the races...very cool idea that works great. Short of a meeting with the frame around the garage door, the bike isn't going anywhere.

                  https://www.seasucker.com/collections/bike
                  I haven't seen the Seasucker. Looks like I definitely violated a patent or two!
                  2004 X-30 5.7L MCX

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                    ^Nice work on the Suck-sess Bike Rack. You should patent it. Anything under the rear tire, maybe even a clear film patch?

                    The Admiral has mashed one of my bikes in our parking garage. Don't tell anyone, but may have mangled two over the years.
                    Nothing under the rear tire this time but I'm thinking pool noodle or something of the sort.
                    2004 X-30 5.7L MCX

                    Comment


                    • Backyard Engineering - What did you fabricate or create???..........Thread.

                      I lack the wrench and artistry skilz of the rest of the board, but give me a prison yard assignment and it gets done.

                      Broke up some nasty old concrete stairs, cleared some granite rocks with a hammer drill/chisels/wedges, and made some friendlier stairs down near the dock for summer.












                      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

                      Comment


                      • Heck yeah...looks great Moose

                        Comment


                        • Nice work Moose!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                            I lack the wrench and artistry skilz of the rest of the board, but give me a prison yard assignment and it gets done.
                            I laughed way harder than I should of at this.

                            Comment


                            • Finished up the firebox and patio walkway
                              Attached Files
                              Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dt37803 View Post
                                Finished up the firebox and patio walkway
                                That looks awesome!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X