Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backyard Engineering - What did you fabricate or create???..........Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post

Absolutely nothing. He just hangs out with the rest of my creations. Snails, turtles, frogs, owls and now a crab.
    You should either widen his claws or put spring hinges on there so he can hold a wine/liquor bottle or some beer cans.

Comment

• Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post

Absolutely nothing. He just hangs out with the rest of my creations. Snails, turtles, frogs, owls and now a crab.
      What, no squirrels? My wife says I'm a little nutty. Pun intended. I'm guessing you are doing most of it for fun but I'm sure there is a market for these creations.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	512.8 KB
ID:	2695572
      “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

• Thinking out loud here.

The costs replacement of the reliable surge brake actuator appears to be going up and up to he tune of about $800. Speaking with a member over last weekend, it got me thinking.

Why not buy a weld-on replacement (example: https://www.etrailer.com/p-DX63FR.html)

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	2697496

and then a piece of steel plate (example: https://www.metalsdepot.com/steel-pr...1?product=2681)

(imagine photo of steel plate)

and weld it together yourself.

I figure you would have about $325 in the actuator, plus about $50 in plate and a few bucks in paint for a total of $400 if you did it yourself.

Can anyone think of a reason why this wouldn't work?

Comment

• If I'm not mistaken someone did this on here within the past couple of years.

Comment

• Started a paver patio project yesterday. The photo is after running a plate compactor over 304 limestone (similar to ABC limestone). A little bit of water and it basically turns into concrete.

Name:	IMG_1632.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	734.3 KB
ID:	2702027

Comment

Working...
            X