Captiva Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captiva Island

Heading there next week, staying at South Seas. Hoping to get in some fishing and golf. And of course beach and pool time. 5 of us (3 boys ages 8-15)

Anyone have other suggestions for that area?
    I was njskier on here.

Went there last fall, South Seas is awesome. we stayed overlooking the marina, close to pools waterslide. Loved just being in the resort. Killed three days at the pool bar overlooking the ocean. Kids took a mermaid class in the pool one morning, they loved that. Great place enjoy!

Comment

Catch a boat ride up to Cabbage Key and have a cheeseburger in paradise.

Comment

My in-laws own a condo on Sanibel, so we're down there at least once a year. We usually don't do much more than hit the beach, have some drinks, and enjoy the fresh local seafood.

Make sure you hit up Doc Ford's. Pink Flamingo has a killer grouper sandwich. And Island Cow is a local favorite and always very busy. Also, Mucky Duck is a pretty cool place to hang out and have a drink. I've played the Dunes course on Sanibel a few times, but that's all I can speak for as far as the golf goes.

Enjoy your trip! We're heading down over Christmas break.

Comment

Originally posted by Polak View Post
          Catch a boat ride up to Cabbage Key and have a cheeseburger in paradise.
          Agreed! Great place and great burger! We go every year in April when we visit my parents. We take my old mans Grady White over. Very cool! Enjoy!

Oh and the Mucky Duck is a must for a drink and one of the best sunsets you will ever see.

Comment

A little ways from Captiva itself, but Eden Ski Lake if you're looking to get a set in.

Comment

We go there often and the golf course on Sanibel is fine, but tight - many good golf courses in Fort Myers. The Pink Flamingo are the good (burger/bar) restaurants on both Islands. There's also a single movie theater in case you run into rain. We really enjoy it there.

Comment

Another vote for Cabbage Key. An easy 10 mile boat ride from Captiva. They have a fire tower on Cabbage Key you can climb with the kids. Pretty sure I saw a ferry transporting folks to Cabbage when I was there last year.

Comment

All great ideas so far.....thanks guys! Keep them coming!
                  I booked a fishing charter with CJ Floyd (www.catchinjiants.com) mostly for the boys since they all love to fish.
                  Anywhere close by to take a wakeboard or wakesurf set?
                  I was njskier on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerseydave View Post
                    I’ve seen a red X80 in Matanza’s pass a couple of times with a full quill. I’m going to wave him down the next time I see him and see if he’ll pull for gas $ or 🍺.

Another couple of places to eat are Dixie Fish Company and Grandma Dot’s. Dixie Fish Company is owned by and right next to Doc Fords. Grandma Dot’s is on Sannibel. It’d be a haul from Captiva, but a nice ride to Flippers on the Bay at the Lovers Key Resort, one of our favorites.

We’re at Fort Myers Beach 2-3 Times a year, the inlaws have a place there. FIL keeps a deck boat at one of the local marinas, so we boat everywhere we go since traffic on the island is a PITA. Hopefully the new infrastructure projects out there relieve some of that. Not that I mind boating everywhere we go.

Comment

All the above is correct - great relaxing place! Mucky Duck, Island Cow - we rented a beach house and just had a great time several years ago. Water is so clear. Not sure if the little grill is still open down by the marina but it used make a good burger!
                      1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

Originally posted by Jerseydave View Post
                        All great ideas so far.....thanks guys! Keep them coming!
                        I booked a fishing charter with CJ Floyd (www.catchinjiants.com) mostly for the boys since they all love to fish.

Check out wakeboard & waterski charters Marco Island & Naples on Facebook. I haven’t used them but they are in that area.

Comment

Working...
                        X