inland waterway in northern Mi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inland waterway in northern Mi

Going to take a trip this summer and go through the inland waterway. Are there places to dock the boat and walk to a restaurant along the route? I am Planning on staying in Indian River and one day for west to Crocked Lake and next day go east to Cheboygan.

thanks

I've taken the ferry from Cheboygan to Bois Blanc Island last year and I noticed a lot of recreational boats tied up around that area. Also a bunch of restaurants within walking distance.

I can't speak to the rest of the route but it sure sounds like a lot of fun!

Comment

There are spots along Indian River, Mullett Lake, Cheboygan River and Crooked River that you can tie up to and get something to eat/drink. Not sure once you go through the locks into Crooked Lake, but there is a sandbar that you can anchor to. We have done this trip several times and it is a great time.
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

great are they all marked?

Comment

Originally posted by icecold View Post
          great are they all marked?
          Can’t miss the ones on the river. Bars on the lake can be a little tricky if you have never been on the lakes before just because of the size of the lakes. I’m sure there is a map or something you can look up to find them.
          [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by jstew View Post
            Can’t miss the ones on the river. Bars on the lake can be a little tricky if you have never been on the lakes before just because of the size of the lakes. I’m sure there is a map or something you can look up to find them.
            The In-between on Indian River is a dive bar but the food is decent and they serve beer.

Hoppies Tavern is on the northeast corner of Burt lake. Good food there for sure.

It's a great trip and the water traveling through Indian River is gorgeous and more swift than you might imagine.

Comment

Great I have not traveled there in 39 years went in my youth for 3 weeks a year. Looking forward to it hope the X-30 can handle it LOL my little 16 foot runabout could.

Comment

Working...
              X