Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking about ballast for a friend.

Hi all,

Have a friend that has a brand new yamaha 212 limited. not the x series. he's curious about adding fat sacks or any sort of ballast to his boat so that he can surf behind it. question is where he would put it and how he would keep it stable and hopefully be able to have people still riding in the boat. The x series apparently comes with built in ballast but the limited's do not. Does anyone have any insight/experience with these? I know this is a MC forum but i'm hoping someone on here knows someone/maybe has owned something similar in the past.

You cannot surf safely behind it unless it has a Volvo Penta forward Drive or you risk falling into the propeller or jet wash whichever it has

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      You cannot surf safely behind it unless it has a Volvo Penta forward Drive or you risk falling into the propeller or jet wash whichever it has
      You can surf behind a jet boat a lot safe than a stern drive. I cant say you will have much of a wave to surf but you can surf one.

I would start with 60/40 rear/front weight ratio and make adjustments from there.

Comment

Id just try a wake shaper first - judging by the thread in "discussion".

Comment

You'd have to just play with where the weight is but if you search the Yamaha forums there have also been people working on ways of directing the Jetstream to help with surfing as well.

Comment

Working...
          X