Instant Pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant Pot

With all the food dudes here....Who is using the instant pot? I got one last year for Christmas and use the crap out of it! Great for making stock!!!! Here is a pork chop recipe that I did the other night. Very nice. Let me know if you are using and please post some recipes!

Ingredients
    2 pork chops, boneless 1" thick
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    1 teaspoon paprika
    ½ teaspoon onion powder
    1 tbs butter
    1 cup chicken broth
    ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke

Instructions
    Mix spices and brown sugar and rub into both sides of pork chops.
    Set Instant Pot on sauté (high) and add tablespoon butter. Once hot, add pork chops and brown on both sides for 1-2 minutes each. Remove pork chops and set aside. Press cancel.
    Add 1 cup chicken broth and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the bits off the bottom of the pot. Add Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke and add pork chops directly to the pot in the liquid.
    Secure lid, make sure vent is set to "sealing" and pressure cook (manual) for 7 minutes. When done, allow pressure to naturally release for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, quick release the rest, remove lid and pork chops.

Let pork chops rest for about 5 minutes before serving.

I make a gravy out of the drippings!
    2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

I cook with mine a lot. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When I saw the title of your thread I was excited . . . as you may or may not know, pot is now legal here in Canada. Wrong pot!
      2005 X2, Viper Red, MCX, Acme 1285, PPass, rear 750 sacs, KBS, IBS, Bennett Wake Plate
      (previous) 2001 X5, 1991 TriStar 190

Comment

Sounds good! I have one yet to open the box

Comment

I just got one as a gift and have no idea what to do with it...other than cook rice.
          - Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

Got one a year ago and use it a lot!
            I dont think there is anything you cant cook in it and love how tender everything turns out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            “A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money.”.....but it's a lot of fun!!

Comment

Well let's see some pics and recipes!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

Comment

Originally posted by wheelerd View Post
                When I saw the title of your thread I was excited . . . as you may or may not know, pot is now legal here in Canada. Wrong pot!
                I too thought Tex had gotten into the Cannabis business
                2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                  I too thought Tex had gotten into the Cannabis business
                  One thing leads to another!

Comment

Yup, instapot ftw.
                    Can make a batch of green chile in under an hour now!
                    We (wife) uses it a lot. It's a pretty good kitchen appliance.
                    '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

I'm a Sous Vide guy..…...
                      Currently schlepping on BIL's X46

MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 X2, Indmar 350 MCX (Sold)
                      OJ 522 14.75 x 15.5
                      Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel
                      http://www.crowniehq.net

Comment

Originally posted by BrooksfamX2 View Post
                        I'm a Sous Vide guy..…...
                        I'm hoping Santa is good to me!

Comment

Ok, Tex, here's a few things for your to try with your Instapot.

1. Chinese/Asian food. Pick something that you like a google for a good recipe. This type of food lends itself well to the instapot because it's got a liquid base. Some of my favorites are: Honey / Garlic Chicken, General Tso's Chicken, Mongolian Beef. A couple of tips when you make this type of food: 1. if the recipe calls for you to put the rice in the cooker along with the other stuff, don't do it. I always make my rice separately on the stove. If you have a rice cooker and use that, then go with that. What you want to do is have your dish prepared in the instapot and then have the rice ready to server at the same time. 2. when you're making these dishes, timing is critical, so get all of your ingredients pre-measured and ready to dump in the pot when called for. Your counter should look like the set of a cooking show with everything pre-measured in little dishes. This will greatly improve the final product. 3. If you choose a recipe that calls for adding corn starch at the end and simmer it to allow it to thicken, this will always take longer than the recipe says it will. This is OK on the weekend, but if you're in a hurry to eat dinner, you won't always have time to wait for it to go through the simmer / thicken process. Also, seasoning is everything...I like my stuff kinds bold or spicy, so I've modified dishes to get them to have a little more kick, so be prepared to improvise with siracha sauce, spicy mustard or chili paste if that's your thing.

Base Chicken: Take 2lbs of either boneless chicken thighs or breast and throw them in the post with 2 cups of chicken broth, then salt and pepper to your liking. Close the pot / put it on high for 14 minutes. do a quick release when it's done. then immediately shred the chicken with two forks. We keep this in the fridge for use during the week. I use it to make chicken wraps or chicken BBQ sandwiches, also can go in a bag of Caesar salad to make a quick dinner.

If you want some recipes to try, I can post links of ones that I've made. I have a good one for chipotle chicken burritos. I also made chicken massaman (Thai) for my wife. Oh and I've made fall off of the bone baby back ribs too.

Comment

ok, this is the 3rd time doing ribs in the instapot and I am very happy with the outcome.

dry rub:
                            1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
                            2 tablespoons smoked paprika
                            3 tablespoons brown sugar
                            1 tablespoon onion powder
                            1 tablespoon garlic powder
                            2 tablespoon ground black pepper
                            2 teaspoons salt
                            1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
                            1 teaspoon cinnamon
                            1 teaspoon nutmeg
                            1 teaspoon cumin

cooking ingredients:
                            2 racks of pork ribs (I had one each, St. Louis & baby back)
                            1 cup beef broth
                            1/2 cup apple juice
                            1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
                            1/4 cup lime juice
                            2 tablespoon liquid smoke

BBQ sauce:
                            1 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
                            1 tablespoon apple cider vinegae
                            1 tablespoon lime juice

1. Prepare the dry rub by combining all the dry rub ingredients together in a small bowl and thoroughly mixing.
                            2. Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs with a paper towel. (I rarely do this step)
                            3. Season the baby back ribs with the dry rub generously on both sides.
                            4. Place the ribs inside the Instant Pot, standing up and wrapping around the sides of the intapot.
                            5. Pour the beef broth, apple juice, apple cider vinegar and liquid smoke inside the Instant pot, no need to stir. Close the lid (follow the manufacturer's guide for instructions on how to close the instant pot lid). Set the Instant Pot to the Meat/Stew setting and set the timer to 25 minutes.
                            6. Once the Instant Pot cycle is complete, wait until the natural release cycle is complete, should take about 15 minutes. Follow the manufacturer's guide for quick release, if in a rush. Carefully unlock and remove the lid from the instant pot.

While the ribs are cooking prepare the BBQ sauce, the vinegar and lime juice is to thin the sauce for a glazing sauce.

Carefully remove the ribs from the Instant Pot and place them onto a baking sheet. Brush them generously with the prepared BBQ sauce on both sides, sprinkle a bit more rub on the top side and place under the broiler for about 5 minutes. Keep the door to your oven open while broiling the ribs and keep an eye on them, because they could burn quickly.

Serve with leftover BBQ sauce.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pmkkdx View Post
                              ok, this is the 3rd time doing ribs in the instapot and I am very happy with the outcome.
                              Seriously? 25 minutes? I am going to have to try this, that is unbelievable.
                              The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

Working...
                              X