Getting Older So...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Older So...

Sedan with the V8; 420hp/385 torque to play with paddle shift. Probably change exhaust later for a little better sound at WOT but leave the cruise sound as stock. 2018 model, OEM executive car, 903 miles, I'll be first owner. Wanted a V8 sedan, wanted 400hp and wanted it without turbos.

1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

What is it?
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

0-60 5.3 seconds at 4500 lbs, quieter than a Mercedes S class at 70 and 80 mph, and better warranty than Mercedes and GM on both bumper to bumper and power train.
      Last edited by bret; 10-21-2019, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Comment

Guessing this one.....They have made huge strides.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
            What is it?
            A midlife crisis?
            -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Yes, winner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j0zaeysmPg

Well, not really. Wanted something to take me through into retirement...drove a friends 2015 V8 and was impressed. Found this one in CA, so 1731 miles will be the distance home. My son, we bought him a G80 3.8 last year, 2015 CPO, and it has been flawless. Just wanted a luxury sedan with higher hp, as mentioned without turbo's. Nice ride down to Orange Beach

Comment

congrats

Comment

I've heard these cars are not nearly as recognized as they should be. A solid vehicle and built well. Hope it's fun!
                  - Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

Good bang for the buck. Enjoy it!

Comment

Why no turbos?
                      Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                      For Sale:
                      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Is Genesis it's own brand now or is it still technically a Hyundai?

Comment

I believe they spun their own Luxury brand off of Hyundai now. I hear great things

Comment

Nice ride Bret. I have seen them and knew they started out under the Hyundai umbrella, but didn't realize they are now a stand alone . Good to see more quality competition in the luxury segment
                            2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

Yes, own brand now, just like Toyota - Lexus. It will stay in sport mode 75% of the time, probably only put in normal on long drives on the interstate. Came across them (V8) when a golf pro, turned financial advisor, up here had one - he has since had 3, all over 100k before he traded each, all with no major problems except for scheduled maintenance issues.

Turbos - well, not fond of the turbos and the reach rod that most manufacturers use today; waste gate works off a diaphragm(works off manifold pressure)to a rod, linkage to open or close a hole in the hot side of the turbos; lot of linkage/little bushings for the waste gate to work properly, and that has to work around a LOT of heat. Now, the old Porsche turbo's, with stand alone waste gate - great! Loved both my 944T street car and race car. Older 930 had external waste gates as well.

Aric, hope your family and home were safe last night!

Comment

Working...
                              X