Getting Older So...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bret View Post
    Yes, own brand now, just like Toyota - Lexus. It will stay in sport mode 75% of the time, probably only put in normal on long drives on the interstate. Came across them (V8) when a golf pro, turned financial advisor, up here had one - he has since had 3, all over 100k before he traded each, all with no major problems except for scheduled maintenance issues.

Turbos - well, not fond of the turbos and the reach rod that most manufacturers use today; waste gate works off a diaphragm(works off manifold pressure)to a rod, linkage to open or close a hole in the hot side of the turbos; lot of linkage/little bushings for the waste gate to work properly, and that has to work around a LOT of heat. Now, the old Porsche turbo's, with stand alone waste gate - great! Loved both my 944T street car and race car. Older 930 had external waste gates as well.

Aric, hope your family and home were safe last night!

why don't you just say... "because a 400hp turbo 4 doesn't sound as great as a 400hp NA with 8 holes"?

Comment

Originally posted by sppeders View Post
      why don't you just say... "because a 400hp turbo 4 doesn't sound as great as a 400hp NA with 8 holes"?

[emoji38]
      Agree that sound is overrated. If the vehicle goes effortlessly, I don’t care what it sounds like. I’d rather hear less sound honestly. Guess I’m setting up expectations for the future of electric vehicles.

I’m not sentimental about less efficient engines of the past.

Comment

Nothing against Genesis! Very nice car! You will love it!

Comment

I looked at a G70 Sport really hard two years ago. I finally decided to pass because there were 3 dealers in town, and only one of them had 2 cars (the other two had one Genesis of any model).
          At that time, all the dealers were Hyundai that carried a "required" Genesis - so the Genesis was not their focus. Also the sport had an engine that was not used in any other Hyundai nor Genesis. So, I was worried about ability to get service and/or parts a couple of years down the road.

The car drove great. The driver assist mode was really good, rating up their with the Tesla and Mercedes Benz E-Class and S-Class. Performance was impressive too. I ended up paying a lot more and went with an AMG E-43. But, I still keep an eye on Genesis.

Comment

Originally posted by kscrib View Post
            I looked at a G70 Sport really hard two years ago. I finally decided to pass because there were 3 dealers in town, and only one of them had 2 cars (the other two had one Genesis of any model).
            At that time, all the dealers were Hyundai that carried a "required" Genesis - so the Genesis was not their focus. Also the sport had an engine that was not used in any other Hyundai nor Genesis. So, I was worried about ability to get service and/or parts a couple of years down the road.

The car drove great. The driver assist mode was really good, rating up their with the Tesla and Mercedes Benz E-Class and S-Class. Performance was impressive too. I ended up paying a lot more and went with an AMG E-43. But, I still keep an eye on Genesis.
            They’re nice cars, for sure. Had a rental V8 a few years ago and it was quick.

My mom just got a 750i bmw. Twin turbo V8. Man that thing moves
            Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
            Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
            For Sale:
            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

I have the G80 with the 3.3 turbo. No issues and like it very much. I came from a 2016 A6 with the supercharged 3.0. The G is a bit more luxurious whereas the A was more athletic. I moved from Audi because every re lease with them was take it or leave it....

I’d love to see the G70AWD married with the 3.3......
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice car! Mine is RWD, just hope I don't run into snow storms on the way home around Flagstaff as I did when I brought the Porsche home in 1998. Get the 5.0 Ultimate paid for and then, maybe look at one of the new C8 after they have a couple of years on the road and kinks worked out.

First time I saw a G80 sport I thought it was a Jaguar from the look of the grille.
                1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  [emoji38]
                  Agree that sound is overrated. If the vehicle goes effortlessly, I don’t care what it sounds like. I’d rather hear less sound honestly. Guess I’m setting up expectations for the future of electric vehicles.

I'm old school I guess, I love the old V8 muscle car sound. My wife's 335i is reasonably quick, but I don't care for the exhaust note much.
                  Currently schlepping on BIL's X46

MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 X2, Indmar 350 MCX (Sold)
                  OJ 522 14.75 x 15.5
                  Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel
                  http://www.crowniehq.net

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                    [emoji38]

LOL with a 6.0 Ilmor

Comment

LOL with a 6.0 Ilmor

Yup! I think boat is a different category. But having said that, I’m interested in electric motor boats too. There aren’t any options for quieter engines in a MasterCraft at this time, and I don’t want anything but a MasterCraft, so...

I do have a surf exhaust that quiets the engine noise considerably. I enjoy hearing the water rush under the hull now that I didn’t appreciate as much before.

Comment

LOL with a 6.0 Ilmor
                        Big selling point for me is how quiet the 5500 ilmor is. I wanna hear music, not the engine. Lol.

Don’t get me wrong. I’ve got a C6 corvette with long tubes and basically no mufflers, but most of the time I don’t want to hear motors.
                        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                        For Sale:
                        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                          Big selling point for me is how quiet the 5500 ilmor is. I wanna hear music, not the engine. Lol.

Don’t get me wrong. I’ve got a C6 corvette with long tubes and basically no mufflers, but most of the time I don’t want to hear motors.

Ditto to hearing music!

Comment

LOL I give

V8 is a V8. My stock Denali is louder than the Genesis though. GM lets those 6.2 breathe a little bit. I was amazed how quiet my buddies X14 and another's X15 were.

Comment

Last edited by sppeders; 10-24-2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post

Aric jacked the **** out of another thread

Comment

Working...
                                X