Clear All

• Thrall
    replied
    ^Smart kids!

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Hardy
    replied
    Originally posted by roadster02 View Post
    What, it whines real loud?? Who gives a rip! Give me a V8, or V12, or a Harley with staggered duals at full song any time. Other than a Rolls-Royce Merlin in a 51, there ain't no prettier sound. 4 cyl, 6 cyl, whiney electric, and the phony Asian Harley's all sound like scheiss.
    I am totally with you man. Just the other day I was out walking with my 8 year old daughter and year old son, when a 2020 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody came screaming down the road and stoped at the red light we were at. The light turns green for him and off it goes with the most bad *** sound I have heard in awhile, I look over at my son and he has a ear to ear smile on and my daughter looks at me and Says "Daddy we have got to get one of those, I don't care what Mommy says".

Proud American muscle car moment there.

Leave a comment:

• bret
    replied

New replacement for the silver one - he totals a car, wife wants him the same thing and the only $$ value CPO I can find; he gets upgrades with the new one - sunroof, Lexicon stereo, heat/AC seats.

Leave a comment:

• bret
    replied
    Yeah it's nice, the GV80. I love my 5.0 G80 Sedan.

My wife questioned my purchase of my sons car because of "HYUNDAI" at the time. After she drove up on the wreck ( 6 miles from our house ) and the troopers talked to her, she questioned no more and wants him in another one. But the passenger, his friend, is just bruised as well - not one cut or broken bone, and his feet didn't get caught/trapped in the floorboard area.

Leave a comment:

• GiantDO@X35
    replied
    https://www.genesis.com/us/en/2021/g...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Very nice SUV offering from Genesis has got me looking [emoji102]

Leave a comment:

• jsx30
    replied
    Bret,
    Glad they were OK!!!

Leave a comment:

• bret
    replied
    Well, here is the safety aspect of Hyundai / Genesis. My sons car, side impact at 60mph, he was doing 2-3. He and friend walked away with a few bruises.

Leave a comment:

• roadster02
    replied
    Originally posted by Spitfire View Post
    Have you driven/ridden in a Tesla driven in anger?
    What, it whines real loud?? Who gives a rip! Give me a V8, or V12, or a Harley with staggered duals at full song any time. Other than a Rolls-Royce Merlin in a 51, there ain't no prettier sound. 4 cyl, 6 cyl, whiney electric, and the phony Asian Harley's all sound like scheiss.
    Last edited by roadster02; 12-14-2019, 09:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bret
    replied
    Just throwing in an update for any that might be considering this car in the future...3600 miles now. Will do first maintenance oil change Monday; BTW, 3 year maintenance plan is included. Went to Tulsa with my wife last month and for MPG fans, the car got 24.2 according to the dash when we got back home.

So far the car has been amazing to drive and play with, especially in sport mode. Everyone that has driven it has been amazed at the power but also the absolute quietness on the road.

Leave a comment:

• bret
    replied
    Oh, forgot to mention the dash readout said 22.1 mpg for the trip. Now, if I had been in ECO mode and left it at 74-78mph for the whole trip, I would have probably gotten the 23+mpg.

Leave a comment:

• SteveO
    replied
    Looking good Bret. Glad mother nature was cooperative

Leave a comment:

• JohnE
    replied
    Looking good Bret. Glad you got the crud off of it.

Leave a comment:

• John Johnson
    replied
    132 is cookin'

Leave a comment:

• bret
    replied
    back from 1752 miles! Other than the sleet/ice in the TX panhandle, the trip was uneventful. Made the trip in 21.5 hrs: AVG SPD: 81.4 (construction in I40), car performed flawlessly! I think I was dreaming when on a long EMPTY stretch, it reached 132 with ease.

In the garage after car wash and got rid of 1752 miles of gunk.

And Waxed/detailed this morning.

Leave a comment:

• bret
    replied
    Leaving the morning of the 6th to fly out and pick it up and start the trek back home. Hope ALL and TT members around the CA Wildfires are safe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X