Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 leveling kit advise

Hi all,

Thinking of slightly leveling my ‘13 F150.
    I’d also like to keep the stock 20” wheels but go with a little more tire if possible

Advise?
    Tell me what has worked for you

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was njskier on here.

How many miles on the current struts?

I’d go with bilstein 5100s. They’re a strut replacement. Much better over your standard leveling kit that is just a spacer. It is an adjustable strut that you can do 0-2.1” of lift or something like that.
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

I've got a 2019 F150. I put a leveling kit on; 2" in front and 1" on the rear. Installed General Grabber A/T 305/55 R20's. The truck sits perfectly IMO.

Comment

I have an '11 with a leveling kit. 1.75" in the front.

I used 275/60/20 tires on the stock 20" wheels. They are 33" tall and are 1.1" taller than stock.

Comment

I did blistering at next to top height @1.5”. Truck still had a slight rake. Drove slightly better, but did it at @70k miles, so stock needed replacement.
          1997 PS 205

Comment

Depends on what your goals are. Without a doubt a leveling is one of the easiest mods to do on the truck that will be instantly noticeable. If you're looking for all show and no go then the shims are the way to go. If you're looking to actually do something more than an appearance mod then Aric is heading you in the right direction with an upgrade to the shocks however I would suggest upgrading the rears as well to balance the performance. Shock tuning is done on all 4 corners and ALL the shocks are designed to work together as a system.

So that bring us to tires. What's you're goal here? Same questions apply to the tires as it did to the "leveling kit". If the goal is to just get bigger tires on the truck then certainly moving up a tire size or two would be the way to go however you're going to need a tune to get the speedo reading correctly again. If the idea is to improve off road performance then the first move would be to change the wheels out to 17" or 18" wheels and adjust the tire size accordingly. You can minus size the tires (adjust the diameter for the tire) to match the current tire size which would keep the speedo correct or increase the diameter (which is the direction most people go) which will of course will then need a tune to have the speedo reading correctly again.

So it all depends on what you're looking for as an end result. There is no wrong answer. If you're going for a certain look and don't care about performance go for cheap and dirty, get some shims , slap them in and you're off to the races cheap. If you're looking for performance, do the home work, install the balanced system and buy the components based on quality and purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerseydave View Post
              Hi all,

Thinking of slightly leveling my ‘13 F150.
              I’d also like to keep the stock 20” wheels but go with a little more tire if possible

Advise?
              Tell me what has worked for you

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I'd invest in a dictionary and remedial English :/

Comment

Originally posted by bturner2 View Post
                Depends on what your goals are. Without a doubt a leveling is one of the easiest mods to do on the truck that will be instantly noticeable. If you're looking for all show and no go then the shims are the way to go. If you're looking to actually do something more than an appearance mod then Aric is heading you in the right direction with an upgrade to the shocks however I would suggest upgrading the rears as well to balance the performance. Shock tuning is done on all 4 corners and ALL the shocks are designed to work together as a system.

So that bring us to tires. What's you're goal here? Same questions apply to the tires as it did to the "leveling kit". If the goal is to just get bigger tires on the truck then certainly moving up a tire size or two would be the way to go however you're going to need a tune to get the speedo reading correctly again. If the idea is to improve off road performance then the first move would be to change the wheels out to 17" or 18" wheels and adjust the tire size accordingly. You can minus size the tires (adjust the diameter for the tire) to match the current tire size which would keep the speedo correct or increase the diameter (which is the direction most people go) which will of course will then need a tune to have the speedo reading correctly again.

So it all depends on what you're looking for as an end result. There is no wrong answer. If you're going for a certain look and don't care about performance go for cheap and dirty, get some shims , slap them in and you're off to the races cheap. If you're looking for performance, do the home work, install the balanced system and buy the components based on quality and purpose.
                My F150 speedo read a little slow with factory size tires.

It's right on now with 1.1" taller tires.

Comment

I went with the Fox 2.0 kit front and rear and 20" wheels with 275/60/20 tires. My goal was just a bit more aggressive look, but without the tires extending outside the fenders. Here's some pics.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Make sure u use new struts and springs... oem's will where faster with leveling kit

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Working...
                    X