• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman
    replied
    Originally posted by 1redTA View Post
    add WIX filters to the list I think Oreily Gold is the same

please don’t use fram
    Fram is the best oil filter period. Just google it!!!

Leave a comment:

• captain planet
    replied
    Another ford 5.0 with issues. Well, not the engine this time but the transmission connected to it. A 2016 with 128K miles and tranny issues. Doesn't tow, just drives 90 miles a day round trip to a work site. Dennis Leary is a liar.....

Leave a comment:

• 1redTA
    replied
    my 08 5.3 injests oil like a rotary engine

Leave a comment:

• stuartmcnair
    replied
    Originally posted by MC25 View Post
    Snake oil
    BuT tHeRe WaS oIl In It...

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Originally posted by curver900 View Post
    no recommendation for a catch can? I know they are a "thing" over on the GM side...
    Snake oil

Leave a comment:

• curver900
    replied
    no recommendation for a catch can? I know they are a "thing" over on the GM side...

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    replied
    Originally posted by captain planet View Post
    That is all well and good. Then Ford should specify, if they don't already, change oil intervals at 3000 miles and use synthetic oil only. Otherwise, it is unacceptable that this happens when following recommended maintenance schedule.
    Should is the operative... not many keeps vehicles like many here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 1redTA
    replied
    add WIX filters to the list I think Oreily Gold is the same

please don’t use fram

Leave a comment:

• 93Prostar190
    replied
    As a loyal EcoBoost guy, I too change my oil before the computer says and run either Motorcraft SemiSynthetic in my 2.3 EcoBoost on my Ranger, or Mobil 1 on my 3.5 EcoBoost.

I also think a high quality filter is really important, some of the value oil change places use a very cheap filter. I personally like the MotorCraft, KN, or Mobil 1 filters with the anti drain back valve.

Cam phasers do need clean oil and mileage will vary depending on type of use. 5-7k with synth should be good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• captain planet
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
    Cam phasers need super clean oil, 3k oci on synth blend or 5k on synth.

Any more than that screws with the cam phasers. Simple concept, but tight tolerances.

I had a 3.5l go out at 56k miles because I followed oil change interval.

Now I am 5K with mobil 1 religiously, might go valvoline vr synth just for a change.

I am at 118k now and no problems, i drive it like stole it so my gas mileage ***.

Platinum plugs last almost forever.

That is all well and good. Then Ford should specify, if they don't already, change oil intervals at 3000 miles and use synthetic oil only. Otherwise, it is unacceptable that this happens when following recommended maintenance schedule.

Leave a comment:

• curver900
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post

Any more than that screws with the cam phasers. Simple concept, but tight tolerances.

Now I am 5K with mobil 1 religiously, might go valvoline vr synth just for a change.

I am at 118k now and no problems, i drive it like stole it so my gas mileage ***.

oh oh the maintenance cost is catching up to a diesel

Leave a comment:

• Fullpass
    replied
    Mike that is good info to pass along…did someone say a 4.8L is on the way for a 2021 I had read once..

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    replied

Leave a comment:

• captain planet
    replied
    Originally posted by Fullpass View Post
    Dam…I was thinking about the 5.0 I would say this though once a lemon always a lemon and get a different truck.Once I had put money into a repair if it was early, drop it and don't look back. CP was it the same issue?
    Same issue, cam phasers. My understanding is the 5.0 was not designed with them. Ford is trying to retrofit that block with them. The oil passages in that engine do not support them properly, so they fail. The resolution to it is there is a conversion kit that eliminates the cam phasers and variable timing. It them becomes the original design and the reliable 5.0 is back. But, adding this voids the warranty. But at this point this particular 2018 truck has 79K on it, so it doesn't matter.

Leave a comment:

• Fullpass
    replied
    Dam…I was thinking about the 5.0 I would say this though once a lemon always a lemon and get a different truck.Once I had put money into a repair if it was early, drop it and don't look back. CP was it the same issue?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X