No announcement yet.

Ford 5.0L Engine issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if you want a v8, what's the least risky option? Wise up and get a 3.5 twin turbo? Hemi still sounds suspect because of valvetrain issues unsolveable 'Hemi-tick', Chevy 5.3 has been looking extremely suspect singe 2008, but perhaps slightly better now. Hear 6.2 Gm more reliable than 5.3 but still suspect? Used toyota 5.7 and eat the horrible gas mileage, no idea on reliability here, know nothing about it, but I assume its good. Seems like the only conclusion is to choose the one with the nicest interior and sell it before warranty because they are all crap!

Comment

Originally posted by Huckelfin View Post
      So if you want a v8, what's the least risky option? Wise up and get a 3.5 twin turbo? Hemi still sounds suspect because of valvetrain issues unsolveable 'Hemi-tick', Chevy 5.3 has been looking extremely suspect singe 2008, but perhaps slightly better now. Hear 6.2 Gm more reliable than 5.3 but still suspect? Used toyota 5.7 and eat the horrible gas mileage, no idea on reliability here, know nothing about it, but I assume its good. Seems like the only conclusion is to choose the one with the nicest interior and sell it before warranty because they are all crap!
      I have the 5.7 in my Tundra and bought it new in 2011. It now has 355,000kms (221,000 miles) and has needed nothing but regular maintenance. It is a thirsty [email protected] though. I'm considering the new Tundra TRD Pro with the high brid engine or going full insane with a Ram 3500 diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post

Hasn’t your dash been lit up like a Christmas tree? Lol
        No? My only issue is the wireless car play - but Barneyferd told me they were working on an OTA update to fix it with a '21 Q4 release target, so I wonder if I should try it again *shrug*

Once I figure out a way to trick it into always thinking its towing, it will be the perfect truck.
        2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

Working...
        X