Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For clarification the $1000.00 fine was for the guy going to Home Depot.

The boating thing is for motorized, non-self propelled boats so if you have a row boat or a kayak you are still able to fish. Now that makes sense doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Covi View Post
      Unfortunately, I think you are wrong here. If you Ike it or not the dude has opinion to speak. Some may not like it and that’s ok. I think the statement is on topic of how the thread has gone.

Now don’t start getting crazy with me. I’m trying to look at this from both sides. We are all in a world today where we are making rash and harsh opinionated decisions. Including myself. I’ve been trying to take more time ( got plenty of it now) to do and say smarter.

Thanks guys, have a nice day.

Covi
      The issue is doing it civilly. I'm aware that Lashburn has a different political view than me. I value his opinion and thoughts because he does an excellent job of being civil about it. He doesn't go around calling people idiots. Snork's post was definitely getting borderline, but the reply back was completely unacceptable and belongs on wakeworld. Side note, why do you think no one posts on wakeworld anymore?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Well my update on what I've seen/heard here about (Half) Whit-mer's orders....

Neighbor went to Meijer's yesterday to get mulch (yeah I know strictly verboten by Heir Half-Whit but don't forget I said the neighbor, not me) and found the lawn center gates chained and a cop sitting in the parking lot. The cop thing was surprising to me as this is Brighton and I think we have maybe 4 or 5 cops total. I mean the police station is only open from something like 8 - 3 and Monday through Saturday and they apparently thought the best use of a car and an active cop was to station him in front of Meijer. So anyway the neighbor decides to go over to Home Depot about an 1/8 mile away and viola they load him up with 30 bags of mulch. Better yet no cops.

So he takes all this home and I watch him spread it with the wife and kids for the next couple hours. So does this make them all felons now? Now before anyone gets their panties all in a bunch I'm just kidding about that question. So the interesting thing here is just how dangerous was that activity? He went to the store with a mask, purchased the mulch, a guy came out and loaded in the truck and he took it home. His wife and kids that he's been self quarantined with for the past 3 weeks all work together to spread it. See, I really don't see the issue here. As a side note I also walked over to the side of my yard and talk to him and his wife for about 20 minutes at a distance for about 15'. I guess that makes me a scaffold and deserving of draconian penalties as well right?

So I guess from what I'm seeing and hearing these are my take-aways....

First this whole thing was not thought out very well which based on the source isn't surprising. Half Whit is way out of her league on this and the people she's surrounded herself with are not up to the task either. This isn't a left or right thing IMO it's a pure competence thing in which this administration is incompetent. I'd be saying the same if it were anyone else.

Next, the whole action was thrust upon use because a certain area was unable to control themselves and blatantly ignored the shelter in place orders. Rather than face criticism of possible racism it was decided that everyone pay the price for the actions of the few.

Lastly, based on what I'm hearing from some really good, law abiding and solid community people this isn't going to hold much longer. When even the people who won't drive 5 over are calling BS on these draconian measures and saying they're not going to obey, you have a problem. When you have a whole mish-mash of conflicting items that you can and can't do and can't make a logically argument for why one is allowed and another not the whole action begins to be called into question.

As for me.... The season is still very early and I typically don't fish this early so none of this really affects me one way or the other. I still have plenty of projects to do and the materials to do them so I won't go out of my way to break any rules or recommendations. My boat is in storage some 100 miles away, the water is like 50 degrees and the lifts not in yet so skiing doesn't come into play here for me either. I will say though that I only have about another 2 weeks before I start to have a real problem with this as well. If Half Whit had her way she would have extended this for 70 days. By that time the number of people ignoring her orders would overrun our ability to enforce it. Unfortunately I believe this whole thing will be looked back on as one of her greatest mistakes during this unfortunate event.

Comment

Originally posted by quattrotto View Post
          .... And you too, "tommurtha."
          "That women, Governor (Half) Whit-mer get's it half right again. Instead of applying restrictions where they're needed, we get to do the it the Liberal/Progressive way and apply this policy everywhere. To do it any other way would be xenophobic, racist, homophobic, gender intolerant, a war on women and sexist.... Did I missing any???

You forgot to mention Democrat ....... "

Hey Quattrotto.... notice I highlighted in RED his question? with a comment that he left outa certain descriptor from his politicized rant THEN followed by a pair of winks? Clearly recognizing subtlety is not one of your strengths .

Comment

I can live with that. Good perspective.

Originally posted by bcd View Post
            The issue is doing it civilly. I'm aware that Lashburn has a different political view than me. I value his opinion and thoughts because he does an excellent job of being civil about it. He doesn't go around calling people idiots. Snork's post was definitely getting borderline, but the reply back was completely unacceptable and belongs on wakeworld. Side note, why do you think no one posts on wakeworld anymore?

86' 19 Skier, 351 PCM (sold)
            2008 197 ProStar, LY6 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by bcd View Post
              https://www.forbes.com/sites/jjmacna...n-citizen/amp/

CP, you're starting to sound more like a sovereign citizen than a libertarian. I do agree with you on questioning whether the governer legally can make it a fine to go on the lake.

The sovereign citizens are out there and a pain to deal with. They don't think they need drivers licence or insurance. My wife has had to deal with them being a police officer.

I'll say that there is a need for drivers license, haha, because even the ones that pass and get one...some of them can barely drive as it is. We don't need unproven people driving cars on the streets.

My point is, governors can't make the rules the michigan governor is making. Napolitano puts it in black and white. Telling citizens they can't buy seeds? Can't fish? Can't go to the hardware store to get parts to keep their house operating properly? So if i blow a water line in my house and I live in michigan, I can't go get parts until May 1st to fix it or risk a $1000 fine? It's insane and we shouldn't put up with it. Thank goodness Ohio governor mikey dewine isn't that bad, although what he is doing isn't great either.
              2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
              "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
              Taxation = Theft

Comment

Here is one for ya!

https://twitter.com/WatchMaga/status...26115780145152

Need to start doing this along the shores of lake michigan.
                2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
                "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
                Taxation = Theft

Comment

Originally posted by captain planet View Post
                  Here is one for ya!

https://twitter.com/WatchMaga/status...26115780145152

Need to start doing this along the shores of lake michigan.
                  That is hilarious!! You can see the moment where the cop gives up.

Comment

Looking at the US from the UK and reading a lot of stuff on here and other US based sites, part of the problem seems to be an un-coordinated approach to the whole thing. Some states say this, some say that, others won't let you leave the house, others say you can go golfing or skiing or whatever. So the people in the more restricted areas say "It's not fair, why do they get to go out and I can't" etc some will blame it on their democrat governor, others will blame the republican senator and others will blame your president. The CDC saying one thing then 2 seconds later someone else saying something completely different....

As I'm writing this, the US has had 550,000 confirmed cases (increasing at about 30k a day) and 21,600 deaths from this thing (currently over 2,000 a day), I'd be sheltering in place, not going out at all (unless for food/medicine) and exercising in the house so as not to either get or unintentionally spread the virus. Oh, wait... I am... and with only 85k confirmed cases and 10k dead and have been since the middle of March.

Even that has been considered action too late and should have been implemented at least 2 weeks earlier. My reading of the situation was that the public had to be "prepped" enough to sacrifice their civil liberties in this time of crisis. Don't get me wrong, some people here don't see it as a problem (or their problem). Using the social distancing guidelines, I should be able to tow my boat to the lake, go skiing all day, then drive home, without seeing or "contacting" anyone outside of my household, but I'm not allowed and I'll get fined driving down the road with the boat on the back. But also, it sends signals to others that they can do it too (or go kayaking, hill walking etc etc, thus undoing all the isolation thing, so for the good of the nation I can't go skiing for the next few months

Comment

Jeez this thread got crazy. Anyway, back to the op.......if you are within 6' of another person while loading/unloading or fishing you are doing it wrong. And traveling to a second residence, what about checking on both your residences? I know i keep my cabin heated and like to check on it. No motorized boating? $1,000 fine. I can't believe the police and Dnr are enforcing this.....well i can believe the Dnr is.

Probably don't have to pay property taxes on one of the properties you "own" since you can't visit huh? As much as i don't want to see one, this country needs a revolution. The power of the ".gov" is way out of control.

Comment

Thread is closed.

Comment

Working...
                        X