Official: Winter SNOW ski/boarding Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: Winter SNOW ski/boarding Thread

Now that winter is upon us and a few of us have highjacked a few threads, I thought we should start a official snow ski/boarding thread so we can share conditions of resorts and winter sports type stuff to get us through to spring.

Only rules I can think of is each post must include snow/ice in a pic, unless you are comment on someone's post. If someone from down south wants to ask a question if they plan on making a trip, just throw a pick in for grins.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KeystonDec.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	2474026

12/16/2020: Keystone was great today for mid December. Not too far down from the Outback lift we cut through the trees to the right to a closed run and found knee and waist deep powder. No pic of that run though as we could not stop as people were getting stuck.

Mmm…just starting to open resorts in Michigan…few lifts/runs open minimal base..pics later in the season

Comment

2" of snow 3 days in a row at Keystone and more tomorrow. Tomorrow should be a good day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! I've got 6 days @Keystone already. Agree snow has been way better than expected for early season. Have you been using your Priority days, or just booking "week of"?

Comment

Will be in Deer Valley next week. First time skiing so I will send pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by tenmile View Post
            Nice! I've got 6 days @Keystone already. Agree snow has been way better than expected for early season. Have you been using your Priority days, or just booking "week of"?
            Just the week of, I'm using my priority days for peak season.

Comment

Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post
              Just the week of, I'm using my priority days for peak season.
              Same. It's been real eye opening how difficult weekend days are to get "week of". Looks like it'll be time to play in the backcountry this year!

Comment

Originally posted by tenmile View Post
                Same. It's been real eye opening how difficult weekend days are to get "week of". Looks like it'll be time to play in the backcountry this year!
                Remember to use your sick days for week day powder days!

Comment

Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post
                  Remember to use your sick days for week day powder days!
                  Got plenty of those! I also used to do a lot of night skiing after work, but unfortunately they aren't running that this year during the weeks thanks to COVID.

Comment

I haven't been able to get anywhere yet, but two weeks at Grand Targhee and Jackson Hole in March.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
                      Will be in Deer Valley next week. First time skiing so I will send pictures.
                      Dude, BAD move. I made a similar mistake with SCUBA diving. My first ever dive (after my certification dives which happened in a quarry in North Carolina) was at the Great Barrier Reef. I'll be chasing that high forever. You are gonna love Deer Valley.

And a pic...
                      Attached Files

Comment

I just cancelled our trip to Steamboat 19-26 3 days ago because of the lack of snow and my cancellation window was about to drop. Of course it’s dumping for week straight . 2020 still stickin it to me all the way til the end

My new ION Leathers are just staring at me !

We did get out locally though to stretch our legs and get some runs in

Name:	307758CC-3B4B-4A4E-89E5-4DDBCD17C1B5.jpg
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	2408875

Name:	1B412F22-3C27-4158-BB47-1B5321BE90D4.jpg
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	2408876
                        CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
                        2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
                        2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
                        99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
                        88 2001 Nautique

Comment

Tajx22, nice helmet face mask combo!

no pics yet but got reservations done at winter park for after Christmas and we are flying into Steamboat on 02/07 for 5 days (so far they are not requiring reservations to ski). Our first two trips we are staying ski in ski out with all the dining pretty well closed down. And we have have our unused lodging from last spring (cancelled) for a 3rd trip in early April to winter park depending on covid and restrictions

got good snow the past few days.

Comment

Headed to Vail for 4 days Sunday -Wednesday. Excited to get back on the hill. We were going to fly out March 16th to Vail, and we all no what happened on the 15th.
                            2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

Anyone try the burton step in binding system yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X