Never see anything about this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never see anything about this

12/07/1941 Never see anything here about that. Far more horrific, and a lot more lives lost, but no one scratches at that scab anymore, it's all but forgotten. 80 years, 20 years, what's the difference? All events with loss of American life are sad news.

you are correct... it is never forgotten from that generation... but because it isn't taught later the next generation or two don't care what happened...

Sadly those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it.. and we are repeating it now... only on steroids...

Comment

Dunno the friend groups y'all keep or the media you consume, but I feel like I see December 7 and June 6 (d-day) memorialized every year, and I'm in my 20's.

I also don't think comparing tragedies is a very productive thing to do in general, though. It most certainly isn't fair to those who experienced it.
      Tim
      2021 Lone Star MasterBash
      Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
      1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
      1995 MC ProStar 205
      ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

Comment

Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post
        Dunno the friend groups y'all keep or the media you consume,
        And based on most of his posts here, I don’t think we’d want to or care….
        '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Originally posted by roadster02 View Post
          12/07/1941 Never see anything here about that. Far more horrific, and a lot more lives lost, but no one scratches at that scab anymore, it's all but forgotten. 80 years, 20 years, what's the difference? All events with loss of American life are sad news.
          PS, the 80th anniversary of Pearl Harbor is almost 3 months away still, so might be a small reason why you haven’t seen any anniversary memorials or mention of it….
          '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

You will barely hear mention of it, and there will most certainly not be an all media, 4 day coverage blitz.
            Last edited by roadster02; 09-16-2021, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post
              Dunno the friend groups y'all keep or the media you consume, but I feel like I see December 7 and June 6 (d-day) memorialized every year, and I'm in my 20's.

I also don't think comparing tragedies is a very productive thing to do in general, though. It most certainly isn't fair to those who experienced it.
              Not comparing tragedies, comparing the coverage the media gives to them, they just love scratching open the scabs, and bringing home the pain of loss to victims families and the general public.

Comment

When was the last time you saw coverage of the most US lives lost in a war pursuant to the US? We call it Memorial day and the meaning has changed to all wars fought and family passed away.

The coverage is of boating, swimming, summer vacations, golfing, and enjoying the beginning of summer. I am not saying it isn't okay, but those 600k people gave up everything for what they believed in right or wrong.

Sadly one of the greatest tragedies is hardly taught. The carnage, destruction, despair and loss was immense. The teaching of this has been changed so much that the last 5-8 generations have no understanding of what really occurred.

The civil war claimed 600k+ in a population of 35M... let that sink in...

According to the American Battlefield Trust, of the 3.5 million men who fought in the war, there were 1.5 million casualties, 620,000 of which were deaths, making the Civil War the bloodiest in American history. More men's lives were lost in the Civil War than World War I and World War II combined. The Battle of Gettysburg alone had 51,000 casualties. Additionally, there were 476,000 wounded and 400,000 captured or missing.

Comment

Originally posted by curver900 View Post
                  The civil war claimed 600k+ in a population of 35M... let that sink in...

According to the American Battlefield Trust, of the 3.5 million men who fought in the war, there were 1.5 million casualties, 620,000 of which were deaths, making the Civil War the bloodiest in American history. More men's lives were lost in the Civil War than World War I and World War II combined. The Battle of Gettysburg alone had 51,000 casualties. Additionally, there were 476,000 wounded and 400,000 captured or missing.
                  And yet people flew confederate battle flags on our capital.

Letting people forget their history is a terrible tragedy.

Comment

Originally posted by roadster02 View Post
                    Not comparing tragedies, comparing the coverage the media gives to them, they just love scratching open the scabs, and bringing home the pain of loss to victims families and the general public.
                    I'm sorry but I REALLY don't think the coverage of remembering what happened during 9/11 is intended to make families of victims feel worse. It's commemoration of their bravery & it is honestly not that difficult to figure out why its covered more than Pearl Harbor. Not to mention, what is your stance here? Do you want them to 'pick at the scabs' of Pearl Harbor more or do you not want them to show 9/11 commemoration less? You seem to be contradicting yourself?

Comment

Last year Googles home page said nothing the entire day about Pearl. It was disgusting. I was really pissed. F U Google.

Comment

Originally posted by Huckelfin View Post
                        I'm sorry but I REALLY don't think the coverage of remembering what happened during 9/11 is intended to make families of victims feel worse. It's commemoration of their bravery & it is honestly not that difficult to figure out why its covered more than Pearl Harbor. Not to mention, what is your stance here? Do you want them to 'pick at the scabs' of Pearl Harbor more or do you not want them to show 9/11 commemoration less? You seem to be contradicting yourself?
                        Agreed.
                        2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

Working...
                        X