new crankshaft stolen in FedEx custody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new crankshaft stolen in FedEx custody

I’m building a 6.0 genIV LS for my 08 Sierra after the 5.3 dropped a valve and ate the head and piston on no7. I have been trying to order factory parts but the backlog of all things these days has forced me to build a forged rotating assembly in order to keep the downtime to a minimum.

I ordered a balanced rotating assembly from Brian Tooley with a K1 crank, rods and BTR Wiseco pistons. The pistons and rods and bearings all showed up within a week, the crank however was delayed several times. I was fortunate to catch my delivery driver (been ordering a ton of parts) and asked about the crankshaft. He informed me when it was loaded onto his truck that while it was supposed to weigh 90 lbs it was just a box inside another box and reported it. I was thankful he didn’t deliver it and drop it off at the door causing a burden of proof issue on my end. He suggested I call FedEx but I called BTR and spoke to them explained what the delivery driver said and they called me back in 10 minutes verifying the story and had another crank balanced for my set up and this time delivered.

What a hassle!
    1981 MasterCraft
    19' Skier 351W PowerSlot
    Long gone is the Trans AM waiting for another

408 stroker?

Comment

no, just doing a stock displacement 6.0 should be pretty torque with the BTR truck 2 cam, 6.125” rods and over 10.4 compression
      1981 MasterCraft
      19' Skier 351W PowerSlot
      Long gone is the Trans AM waiting for another

Comment

The impact on parts availability is just crazy. When I was in Calif in July there must have been 20 or 30 container ships anchored outside of the Long Beach harbor waiting to unload. Likewise the 710 freeway was a road block with container trucks.

Getting parts is bad enough even when they aren't getting stolen during shipment.
        -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Working...
        X