info on Weiss Lake - leesburg or cedar bluff Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info on Weiss Lake - leesburg or cedar bluff Alabama

Anyone on this lake in Alabama? Pictures look good. Pro's and Con's to having a 4 day vaca there (in season) ? Google found Chestnut bay resort as a possibility.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

I've been there before (now go to Wedowee further to the south). Not much there if you're into restaurants, bars, that kind of thing. But a nice lake, 'The Crappie Capital of the World'

Make sure you put the Little River Canyon on your visit list.
    2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

thanks, we have a Wedowee owner in our group, we've initiated doing a travel trip to hydrofoil each summer, was looking for something within 2 hours of Atlanta/Allatoona. Looks nice and the rental houses all look nice too

Comment

Taking your boat? Weiss is very shallow. I’m a little northwest of there towards guntersville lake, so not much experience with a “must do list” for the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yes, two boats likely, how shallow?

Comment

It is shallow.

https://usa.fishermap.org/depth-map/weiss-lake/
            2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

Lake Martin, you're welcome.

https://www.mapquest.com/directions/...s/al/dadeville
              -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                Ha ! Martin to Weiss is an apples to oranges comparison. Maybe apples to aardvarks. Well, both lake are wet. After that, not much similarity.
                2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

Lake Martin can be obnoxiously busy on weekends, but is a damn fine place to ski after everyone leaves on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by dpb185 View Post
                    Ha ! Martin to Weiss is an apples to oranges comparison. Maybe apples to aardvarks. Well, both lake are wet. After that, not much similarity.
                    Originally posted by John Johnson View Post
                    Lake Martin can be obnoxiously busy on weekends, but is a damn fine place to ski after everyone leaves on Sunday.
                    There are plenty of place to ski, surf, or board/foil on even the heaviest of weekends, if you know where to go. Some of the best water is over by Wind Creek on the busy days.

And the criteria seems pretty vague about what he's looking for other then a lake.

Originally posted by Blmeanie View Post
                    thanks, we have a Wedowee owner in our group, we've initiated doing a travel trip to hydrofoil each summer, was looking for something within 2 hours of Atlanta/Allatoona. Looks nice and the rental houses all look nice too
                    Foiling and 2 hours from Atlanta. Hardly a better lake around.

I suspect people are trying to keep a secret.
                    -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post

I suspect people are trying to keep a secret.
                      Shush your mouth before you spoil everything.

Seriously, Wedowee is great unless you want something on the lake besides water (which is fine with me). I saw one other tow boat last Sunday.
                      2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

Originally posted by John Johnson View Post
                        Very true!! Mid week I've skied from Wind Creek to the Kowaliga Bridge without seeing another boat.
                        -Tim

Comment

for clarification, we hydrofoil, sit down style and this trip, becoming an annual trip, is just to try new lakes as a group, away from our home lakes, Allatoona for most of us, and Wedowee for a few of us. Get away to see new scenery and have great times foiling for 3 or so days. We went up to Nickajack lake this year, part of the Tennessee River, stayed in floating cabins, had a good time.

Thanks for the recommendations

Comment

Working...
                          X