• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SavageScott
    TT Enthusiast
    • Aug 2018

Best 23'-24' Surf Boat for $80K - $100K

Have a friend looking.... What's the absolute best surf boat one could get for around $80K? Prefer MC, but would consider other brands. What if the number increased to $100K?

While surf wave is the top priority, other features like interior layout/comfort, sound system, etc. are certainly important.
  • SurfIowa
    TT Newbie
    • Jun 2020

We all have our biases here, but he/she could get into a 2015-16 X23 for under $100k. The X23 created revolutionary changes to wake surfing and makes a nice wave. The Nautiques in that same age are also legit. Stick to the X series (over the NXT and XT) if surfing is a high priority.

Comment

• moosehead
      MC Maniac
      • May 2015

2015-2016 X30 with plug and play 820-1100 lb bags in the rear lockers.

2015-2016 X23.

Comment

• SavageScott
        TT Enthusiast
        • Aug 2018

Looking through Boat Trader, etc., looks like moving up to $120K-ish can get a 2018 X23. Worth the extra $$?

Comment

• stuartjr
          TT Enthusiast
          • Jul 2016

Originally posted by SavageScott View Post
          Looking through Boat Trader, etc., looks like moving up to $120K-ish can get a 2018 X23. Worth the extra $$?
          I would avoid the Klipsch era X23 which I believe is the 2018....just my opinion.

Comment

• Wheelin98TJ
            MC Devotee
            • Jul 2015

Our local dealer had a new 2018 X23 at the beginning of the year for $119k.

Crazy how the market has changed.

Comment

• SavageScott
              TT Enthusiast
              • Aug 2018

Originally posted by stuartjr View Post
              I would avoid the Klipsch era X23 which I believe is the 2018....just my opinion.
              Just because of the audio?

Doesn't the 2018 get you dual screen and side-side switching, maybe dockstar?

Comment

• GoPokes
                TT Regular
                • Dec 2016

I have a 2016 X30 I may be willing to let go of if I can find a X24 available.
                2016 X30

Comment

• stuartjr
                  TT Enthusiast
                  • Jul 2016

Just because of the audio?

Doesn't the 2018 get you dual screen and side-side switching, maybe dockstar?
                  Dual screen yes, but in my opinion its not worth the money. I have the dual screen in my 19 X22 and probably would not get it again. Lots of threads on Klipsch so I won't beat that dead horse other than to say the general consensus is its a step down from JL. Again I'm not suggesting there are issues with the 18, just that I would not pay extra money just to get an 18. As far as I know, the side to side switching is not available on the X23 no matter the year. That came out with the newer hulls. Dockstar was available before 18 as well.

Comment

• Mastercraftdave
                    MC Addict
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by stuartjr View Post
                    Dual screen yes, but in my opinion its not worth the money. I have the dual screen in my 19 X22 and probably would not get it again. Lots of threads on Klipsch so I won't beat that dead horse other than to say the general consensus is its a step down from JL. Again I'm not suggesting there are issues with the 18, just that I would not pay extra money just to get an 18. As far as I know, the side to side switching is not available on the X23 no matter the year. That came out with the newer hulls. Dockstar was available before 18 as well.
                    I have the ability to switch from side to side with my boat. I got the update for the screen and it had this ability.

It works pretty good.

Comment

• stuartjr
                      TT Enthusiast
                      • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
                      I have the ability to switch from side to side with my boat. I got the update for the screen and it had this ability.

It works pretty good.
                      I was thinking he meant switchback ballast but I may have misunderstood.

Comment

• SavageScott
                        TT Enthusiast
                        • Aug 2018

My bad. Yes, I meant switchback. Was that not available on the X23?

I’ll throw a curve out there... how does the X23 surf compare to the X22? I know we’re now way out of the original budget range. Is the X22 enough of an improvement to justify the additional money (if he had it)?

Comment

• shavedhead82
                          TT Newbie
                          • Apr 2020

I was looking at 2018 x23 this spring and few used were listed at 99k and had a quote on brand new 2018 loaded left over for $114k, msrp was $185k, but with pandemic etc we decided to keep using pontoon this summer.... well now there are 4-5 used 2018s listed at $130k.... there is no way I can pay that much after I saw what it was selling for just 6 months ago....

Originally posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
                          Our local dealer had a new 2018 X23 at the beginning of the year for $119k.

Crazy how the market has changed.

Comment

• DavidF
                            MC Devotee
                            • Feb 2016

yep, boats are overpriced at the moment, betting it will come down in a month or two once the season is over in various parts of the country. That's what I'm waiting for at the moment...
                            08 X30 - deader than dead...and crispy.

Comment

• moosehead
                              MC Maniac
                              • May 2015

‘15 X30 w/ 1100 lb Wakemaker Sacs in rear lockers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X