• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcookgraphics
    TT Regular
    • Sep 2012

Dual Battery-Borg Warner R3098 Failure

I utilized the dual battery thread about 4 years ago on my 01 Xstar to add a second battery. It was easy to follow and very well written but I am now on my third Borg Warner R3098 as they continue to fail. Anyone else had issues? Any suggestions? Either I have something wrong or the Borg Warner are cheaply made. Thanks and any help is appreciated!! I'm tired of replacing them every year at $60 each.
  • CantRepeat
    • Jul 2008

I'd suggest posting up your setup that includes your batteries, which alternator, wire gauge size and routing along with any other info that might be relevant. IE usage, charging on shore, storage, and anything else you can think of.
    -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• mikeg205
      MC Master Poster
      • Aug 2011

got a picture of your wiring? or a diagram of how you are wired? lots of threads on this in the RV forums...
      sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• mcookgraphics
        TT Regular
        • Sep 2012

I used the official "Dual Battery Thread" located on this forum for wiring.

Comment

• waterlogged882
          MC Master Poster
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by mcookgraphics View Post

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...battery+thread

Something isn't correct about your install...

My first thought is to get away from the BW and get the Blue Sea unit (which is what I used and still working five years later on the same one).

Your mileage may vary....

Hard to help without a schematic or picture(s) regardless of the thread...although a good write-up indeed.

The black switch is what I am referring. The red Perko switch is not essential for the install. Your ignition switch will do the same thing as far as isolating.

Attached Files
          93 190
          (safe click)
          John 14:6
          (safe click)

Comment

• CantRepeat
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by mcookgraphics View Post

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...battery+thread
            There are a few different ways in that thread on how to install dual batteries. Without you posting pics of how you did yours there then is now way for us to tell you what the issue is. If you did something wrong how will we know if you don't show us what you have? No finger pointing, we just need more info.
            -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• mcookgraphics
              TT Regular
              • Sep 2012

Thanks. I'll get pictures this evening and post. I appreciate the help!!

Comment

Working...
              X