• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • helton333
    MC Fanatic
    • Mar 2005

New Light Bar and a little help...

Added a Rigid Industries light bar - LOVE IT - just so clean - I need help with the connector that came on it - does anyone know what you call that type of connector? Obviously a 2 post for 12V, but has to have a technical name - I need to find the female - could always cut and splice something else but rather not....
    Attached Files
  • gweaver
    MC Devotee
    • Aug 2011

Looks like a Weather Pack connector. Common in the auto industry.
    I think Summit, JEGS and places like NAPA sell them. You crimp ends on to wires, then feed those ends in to the Weather Pack connector.
    G

Comment

• CantRepeat
      • Jul 2008

Deutsch connectors ??

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.
      -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• carlsonwa
        MC Fanatic
        • Aug 2009

can you give us more info on that light bar and some install photos. looks clean up there.

Comment

• helton333
          MC Fanatic
          • Mar 2005

Light has 2 mounting brackets that can slide to any width of the entire housing - I just lined them up with the existing accessory holes in my New Dimension (on an 03 X2) - so honestly, took 10 minutes - already had a 5 light halogen bar wired there, and couldn't find the replacement bulbs because it took the whole bulb/reflector housing which was crazy expensive and they just were not that bright anyway - so it was already wired. Just need to get make the final connection. You would have enough room to add a rear facing as well if you wanted - these have a deep heat sink in the back of the housing, so they taper nicely in the back. I saw a brand new Xstar the other day with these lights and decided to go ahead and change it all - it would take 9 of these LED bars to create the draw of the 5 old halogens - so battery savings as well. I will try to get more pics up.

Comment

• bcd
            MC Devotee
            • Jul 2011

That's a female 2 pin Deutsch DT series, maybe a DT04-2P. It should say on the side of it.

Comment

• helton333
              MC Fanatic
              • Mar 2005

Thank you to all - this amount of concentrated boat knowledge, is a BLESSING to be part of.

Comment

• carlsonwa
                MC Fanatic
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by helton333 View Post
                Light has 2 mounting brackets that can slide to any width of the entire housing - I just lined them up with the existing accessory holes in my New Dimension (on an 03 X2) - so honestly, took 10 minutes - already had a 5 light halogen bar wired there, and couldn't find the replacement bulbs because it took the whole bulb/reflector housing which was crazy expensive and they just were not that bright anyway - so it was already wired. Just need to get make the final connection. You would have enough room to add a rear facing as well if you wanted - these have a deep heat sink in the back of the housing, so they taper nicely in the back. I saw a brand new Xstar the other day with these lights and decided to go ahead and change it all - it would take 9 of these LED bars to create the draw of the 5 old halogens - so battery savings as well. I will try to get more pics up.
                More pics would be great.

I am thinking about switching over my tower from hid projector lights to led's light like those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• helton333
                  MC Fanatic
                  • Mar 2005

Finished install pics

As promised, here's the finished look - mounting to the existing drilled cross member on the New Dimensions Factory tower - brighter (BY FAR!!) than the 5 halogens. I didn't need a rear facing, but there was plenty of room to add one to the same crossbar - may have had to drill a couple holes, but it would have worked.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• carlsonwa
                    MC Fanatic
                    • Aug 2009

looks great!

Comment

Working...
                    X