• jrbearley
      TT Enthusiast
      • Mar 2019

Sent a PM. Thanks Erik.

Comment

• kecusc
        TT Enthusiast
        • Aug 2014

Question for the group, is there any benefit to adding timers if I don’t have them? I have an ‘06 x45 without timers but I think the wiring for them is there. To my knowledge MC added them in 2007, although I could be wrong. Just wondering if I should add them for safety in case someone forgets to shut them off.

For the record, I have piggyback rear bags on top of factory tanks and upgraded Jabsco ballast King pumps.

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• tr6coug
          MC Devotee
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by kecusc View Post
          Question for the group, is there any benefit to adding timers if I don’t have them? I have an ‘06 x45 without timers but I think the wiring for them is there. To my knowledge MC added them in 2007, although I could be wrong. Just wondering if I should add them for safety in case someone forgets to shut them off.

For the record, I have piggyback rear bags on top of factory tanks and upgraded Jabsco ballast King pumps.

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          If you have a relay system that works well, I would stick with that.

2007 was the first year of ballast timers. 2006 and before used a box of relays to control the pumps without any timing ability.
          '07 Navy Blue X2 MCX
          http://www.wakeblaster.com/
          Ballast Timer Reprogramming Info
          Timer Reprogramming Thread

Comment

• Willski
            MC Devotee
            • Jun 2005

I'm guessing from the recent posts, this is still the way to go. I've had an 08 X2 for 4 years now, and while the system has always been a little flaky, I've been able to use it. I replaced the impellers at the end of the season last year and tried to use the system for the first time this year and only had one pump that would fill. Two others ran for 2 seconds and quit. So I decided to not surf, and then couldn't get the one pump to run on empty. Ended up turning pump around and running on fill to empty the tank to get back to dock. I also had some battery issues too, so maybe the voltage variations along with current draw with new impellers has me all messed up?
            At any rate, this looks like a good option for me. tr6coug, I assume you are still doing this?
            "Gonna buy me a boat...."

Comment

• tr6coug
              MC Devotee
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Willski View Post
              I'm guessing from the recent posts, this is still the way to go. I've had an 08 X2 for 4 years now, and while the system has always been a little flaky, I've been able to use it. I replaced the impellers at the end of the season last year and tried to use the system for the first time this year and only had one pump that would fill. Two others ran for 2 seconds and quit. So I decided to not surf, and then couldn't get the one pump to run on empty. Ended up turning pump around and running on fill to empty the tank to get back to dock. I also had some battery issues too, so maybe the voltage variations along with current draw with new impellers has me all messed up?
              At any rate, this looks like a good option for me. tr6coug, I assume you are still doing this?
              Yup, just PM me. Reprogramming will take care of the problems you're having with the timers.
              '07 Navy Blue X2 MCX

Comment

• Elberoth
                TT Enthusiast
                • Aug 2018

I would like to thank Erik for a great service. I had to ship the timers all the way from Poland, so to be able to enjoy them this summer it was imperative for the programming to take as little time as possible.

Eric managed to reprogram the timers on the same day he got them, so just a few days later I already had them back in Poland. The total turnaround with Poland - US - Poland shipping was just 10 days or so. Perfect!

Comment

• tr6coug
                  MC Devotee
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Elberoth View Post
                  I would like to thank Erik for a great service. I had to ship the timers all the way from Poland, so to be able to enjoy them this summer it was imperative for the programming to take as little time as possible.

Eric managed to reprogram the timers on the same day he got them, so just a few days later I already had them back in Poland. The total turnaround with Poland - US - Poland shipping was just 10 days or so. Perfect!
                  You're welcome! Trouble free ballast from now on
                  '07 Navy Blue X2 MCX

Comment

• Stritt
                    MC Fanatic
                    • Jul 2004

Check your Pm.

Sent Paypal request!

Thanks for sending the programmer out.

Comment

• jdecoons
                      TT Newbie
                      • May 2020

Special thanks to Erik @tr6coug. Erik sent me out his programmer and I was able to reprogram the ballast timers no problem at all. Great service and well worth the money!

Comment

• cds02
                        TT Enthusiast
                        • Aug 2008

Sent you a PM tr6coug

Comment

• tr6coug
                          MC Devotee
                          • Aug 2007

Got it and replied!
                          '07 Navy Blue X2 MCX

Comment

• joelevy
                            TT Enthusiast
                            • Aug 2015

Hi tr6coug

I had you reprogram my timers a few years ago. They have worked great since. But I recently I added a bigger fatsac in the rear and went to program and it wouldn't work. I couldn't get it to go into programming mode despite 5 clicks to fill right when power on. I took some videos here to show you what I'm seeing:

It just does one flash and isn't in programming mode. Any ideas how to get it into programming?

Thx

Comment

• tr6coug
                              MC Devotee
                              • Aug 2007

Hi joelevy
                              You need to complete the 5 cycles within 10 seconds of turning on the power. You might be missing the window just slightly. If that does not help, its possible your switches & pumps are reversed so try switching to empty 5 times. If that works then toggling to empty would add time in 30 second increments and toggling to fill would decrease time.
                              '07 Navy Blue X2 MCX

Comment

• joelevy
                                TT Enthusiast
                                • Aug 2015

tr6coug Thanks for reminding me. Yes - I reversed the pump so it was mounted properly (MC puts one in the wrong way) and forgot this switch is backwards. Good intuition. I'll try the other way. Thanks again. (BTW, the new site saying you can't receive a DM b/c mailbox is full)

Comment

Working...
                                X