• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cfgunnell
    TT Regular
    • May 2018

1994 MC ProStar 205 restoration

I bought this boat earlier this year (May 2018) as previous owner was moving to Florida and didn’t want to take it with him. We weren’t in the market for a boat but... couldn’t pass up this opportunity. It needed some TLC, but figured it would be worth It. So we gave him an offer and took the boat home. I will add pictures of the boat before I started the restoration process, and the process it took to get it where it is today.

Huge shoutout Andy Shupe, Tom Dillon, and the TT forum for being a wealth of knowledge and andy for help while installing and wet sanding.
    Attached Files
  • cfgunnell
    TT Regular
    • May 2018

Replaced passenger window (huge pain in the butt) but precision auto glass in Ogden Utah got me one from Taylor Made for extremely cheap compared to what Taylor Made and Oceanic Designs quoted me. Still expensive... but better than plexiglass or something like that.

Had some lag from ideling to full throttle. Pulled the gas tank and cleaned it, cleaned the filter in the tank, water fuel separator, fuel filter, and cleaned fuel injectors. Significant difference! Ran ethanol fee gas and a can of sea foam and haven’t had any problems since.

Started to pull all the old boat graphics and wet sanding the entire boat. Started at 800, 1000, 1500, 2000 then compound, and polished. Order new graphics from lettertech and then polished and waxed one last time. The colors really came back out on the ol girl. Deep cleaned the interior which is in pretty good shape with the exception of two or three spots.

Added new stereo, speakers, and wiring. Changed the radio to ACC 1 so that I can shut the boat off and the radio still plays. Super easy to do.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Ski-me
      MC Maniac
      • Mar 2007

Looks awesome! Very nice work. Can't believe the condition before...
      - Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

• cfgunnell
        TT Regular
        • May 2018

Next step is trailer... I’ll try and stay up on the restoration process more and update that faster. I’ve upgraded from the old boat buddy to ramp and clamp and it was such a huge improvement. I had to adjust the V bunk which then led me to redoing the main bunks as I was already buying carpet so what was a little more wood as carpet right. Not a fun project though... next time might think of going to the composite bunks to never have to do it again .
        Attached Files

Comment

• bturner2
          MC Addict
          • Mar 2008

Nice job. If you plan on replacing those step pads 'd really like the old MC ones on the rear part of the fender. We're looking to try and cad some up then cut them out with traction material.

Comment

• cfgunnell
            TT Regular
            • May 2018

Originally posted by bturner2 View Post
            Nice job. If you plan on replacing those step pads 'd really like the old MC ones on the rear part of the fender. We're looking to try and cad some up then cut them out with traction material.
            I’d be happy to pull them off and send them to you. I was trying to figure out how to get replacements or something similar to replace them.

I’m planning on doing new springs in the next couple months with tires and rims.

Comment

• mikeg205
              MC Master Poster
              • Aug 2011

These guys sell the anti ski pads by the foot.

R and P Carriages is your destination for new & pre-owned cargo, equipment, utility, car hauler & dump trailer sales & rentals. We proudly serve Seneca & Chicago, IL.

Use a heat gun to remove old and use as template.. the mc easy to cut with just a razor blade

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
              sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• gotsnow
                TT Enthusiast
                • Nov 2014

looks awesome buddy, get with Judson on the wheels if you want OEM look I went with, he's got 2 on fb right now & Peter for new rubber and LED lights. Or if you want new wheels Peter is the man for those as well.

Comment

• Owen.Nibley
                  TT Regular
                  • Jun 2017

Originally posted by cfgunnell View Post
                  Huge shoutout Andy Shupe, Tom Dillon, and the TT forum for being a wealth of knowledge and andy for help while installing and wet sanding.
                  Heck yeah! I can personally attest to the awesomeness of this boat. Looks great, runs, great, and the wake is fantastic. Heres to many more ski sessions....

And all my labor will be repayed when the time comes to finish up my 190 project....
                  1992 Prostar 190

Comment

• prostar205
                    MC Maniac
                    • Aug 2004

I used to have your twin. Love this boat and its the reason for my screen name.
                    Attached Files
                    2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

Comment

• gotsnow
                      TT Enthusiast
                      • Nov 2014

I like that bow cover!!!!

Comment

• system.builder
                        TT Regular
                        • Apr 2018

Yeah man, nice job there! I know how much effort that was.

Is Meguiars your best friend now? lol. That stuff works great on the cut / polish / buff.
                        Skydiving used to be my life.......

Now I have a boat so I can't afford it anymore.

Comment

• cfgunnell
                          TT Regular
                          • May 2018

Originally posted by prostar205 View Post
                          I used to have your twin. Love this boat and its the reason for my screen name.
                          I am digging your matching bow cover and Bimini. I guess that’s now added to the wish list. Thanks! 😉.

Comment

Working...
                          X