• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dvsone79
    MC Devotee
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by bcd View Post
    You might want go consider tying a float to it instead of bungee cording it to your boat. My buddy had his come off and hit his boat. Just put a float of some sort so if it comes loose, it's free to pop away from the boat.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
    This, 100%. I used some pieces off a pool noodle. So mine floats. But it’s never come off so there’s that…

Comment

• JohnWilly
      TT Regular
      • Jul 2019

I filled the void between the two triangular pieces with rigid insulation and it wasn't quite enough to float it.

I was at the hardware store and walked but the toilet parts aisle...

Just used a 1/4 bolt through the face of the gate. Will test it tomorrow morning to see if it stays on but it should be okay I think.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Comment

• clrussell
        MC Addict
        • Jul 2012

I tie it to a fender with a 8’ rope, if it falls out it pulls the fender out of the boat and it holds it. Also makes it much easier to find

Comment

• JohnWilly
          TT Regular
          • Jul 2019

Here is the wave with the shaper and our ballast set up.http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/613a7691...909_065403.mp4

Comment

• lakedrum03
            MC Devotee
            • Jul 2017

The 205V continues to dominate. We skied our last set yesterday. We did slalom, immediately followed by wakeboard, followed by kneeboard and she did it all like a champ.

Comment

• brucemac
              MC Maniac
              • Feb 2008

Does anybody in this thread happen to know if MC Part# 530384 and 530381 are functionally the same part? They are both swim platform brackets and at least look to be identical from what I can see in the limited pictures online. I've tried to read all the threads I could find, but nothing definitive.

BRACKET-SWM PLTFORM 205V/X2 & X1 '05-'12

BRACKET-SWIM PLATFORM 14" DROP-IN TALL '06 SETX1 '08-'12
              ¡Viva 205V!
              2003 X2 MCX

Comment

• lakedrum03
                MC Devotee
                • Jul 2017

The angles appear to be different and the overall profile is thicker on the later model. That could all be camera angles, though.

Comment

• brucemac
                  MC Maniac
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
                  The angles appear to be different and the overall profile is thicker on the later model. That could all be camera angles, though.
                  Yeah, really hard to tell from the pictures. Guess I'll bite the bullet and just buy the more expensive 530381 from MCpartsdepot. Peace of mind to have a spare set of receivers and a bonus to have two platforms with brackets. I did raise the same question to them online, but they haven't responded yet. They did validate stock on the 530381 though. Going to pick up a set before they're gone.
                  ¡Viva 205V!
                  2003 X2 MCX

Comment

• BellyUpFish
                    TT Regular
                    • May 2017

Anyone here know how high a 205V is on the trailer with the tower up? Or know the height from bottom of the prop to the top of the tower off the trailer?

Comment

• lakedrum03
                      MC Devotee
                      • Jul 2017

Never measured. It just barely slides into a 12’ door for me.

Comment

• BellyUpFish
                        TT Regular
                        • May 2017

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
                        Never measured. It just barely slides into a 12’ door for me.
                        Yeh, I’m trying to figure out some measurements for a boat house.

Comment

• JohnWilly
                          TT Regular
                          • Jul 2019

I noticed that my forward bilge was kicking on quite often and after getting the boat back to the lift I tested a few things out.

Turns out the plastic elbow fitting was leaking on the from side of the passenger side header. I removed the hose and tried to turn out the fitting but it snapped off.

Any suggestions to get that out?

Comment

• Tsumi
                            MC Devotee
                            • Feb 2012

You might want to try a set of those nipple extractors found at Home Depot.

Comment

• ONTHECOAST
                              TT Enthusiast
                              • Mar 2021

You could take a hacksaw blade only and saw but not into the metal threads. A fine blade screwdriver could easily collapse it in from there. Pull out with needle nose pliers.

Comment

• gwozhog
                                MC Devotee
                                • Jul 2013

map gas torch and screw driver. should come out in few seconds

Comment

Working...
                                X