• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lbferguson
    TT Enthusiast
    • Jul 2016

Engine Cover

Panic when opened engine cover - wheewww wasn't animals eating it foam had gone to heck and back. thread I was reading was 2005 so reposting pics Takes 8 feet

1. Trying to remove cover from hing to inside and very hard with nuts and screw outside.

Didn't want to remove floor screws not knowing how many times they can come in and out. Any suggestions We had put carpet and had it out couple times but don't remember what is inside.

2 Seen on a thread some use foam to reline and some use the aluminum fronted . Found site people referred to McMaster - Carr
    - Plain-back sheeting has a temperature range of -40° to 225° F. Meets UL 94HBF for flame retardance. Water-resistant sheeting has a urethane coating that also protects against oil.

IS THERE NEED FOR FOIL ? local & can pick up My foam has been there 21 years ?

Thanks
    Attached Files
  • mikeg205
    MC Master Poster
    • Aug 2011

plug holes with epoxy if getting loose - the foil is just cool looking..

pop out the cup holders and it will give you access to the screws.. if you don't have huge forearms
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• d2jp
      MC Devotee
      • Jun 2011

Bedliner is also an option. DIY or professional. My foam is missing, so I'm looking at replacement options, and considering the foam didn't last 20 years I'm not sure how long the adhesive used for the foil faced or sheet foam will last.
      And I'm really wondering if it's worth the trouble - how much quieter are you going to make a big V-8 engine sitting in the middle of the boat?

Comment

• Lbferguson
        TT Enthusiast
        • Jul 2016

Engine Cover Link

I've done alot of searching & reading especially on this site. Found this link from early 2003 I believe Pictures I posted were approx on page 8,

Through the posts found McMaster-Carr is located about 15 minutes away, called it's public but has tons of product. Went back narrowed it down. Choice is Black Water resistant coated for oil, gas and withstands heat in Black Foam or the foil lined which people choose to use the silver DUCT as in venting tape to finish off. They claim it makes quiet and cool.

Once my son decides I will keep you updated patterns are on thread I just shared new because it was older wasn't sure I'd get reply. I have the skinny arms, first called for oil filter, husband and son couldn't get under neath. Now I'm supervisor getting old LOL

Here's link : http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ght=insulation

Here is the plain foam takes 8 feet they say http://www.mcmaster.com/#5692t14/=13cr0c2

If I find out I'm wrong on choice after re reading I will edit this post

Scroll down to the foil faced. The people claimed used the self adhesive after cleaning real good : Stay tuned we're going to try. Link http://www.mcmaster.com/#sound-contr...lation/=9dzrvc

Comment

Working...
        X