• Show
Clear All
  • CottagerGreg
    MC Maniac
    • Sep 2006

New seablaze Quattro is what I am going with
    2017 Mastercraft XT21- Black & Calypso Green Flake and Coolfeel interior

2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star SOLD

1981 J-craft 19 long deck ski boat w/200 Mercury Black Max (the gas guzzler)

2018 Audi Q7 Technik Navarra Blue with S-Line, Black Optics, Luxury package, advanced driver assistance, Audi Sport 21" wheels, tow hitch

Comment

• Proedge
      TT Enthusiast
      • Jun 2019

Are these lights all compatible with factory wiring? I haven't done much poking around in my boat, I have a 2009 X-55. I have three switches at the back, one for the shower, one for u/w lights and one for slick boot. looks like the switch bank I attached. Anyway, if I get some lights from Lumitec for example, should I be able to just wire them into that harness that goes to the U/W light switch?
      Attached Files

Comment

• JimN
        MC Master Poster
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Proedge View Post
        Are these lights all compatible with factory wiring? I haven't done much poking around in my boat, I have a 2009 X-55. I have three switches at the back, one for the shower, one for u/w lights and one for slick boot. looks like the switch bank I attached. Anyway, if I get some lights from Lumitec for example, should I be able to just wire them into that harness that goes to the U/W light switch?
        It would be easier to tell if the wires were visible, to see the gauge. In theory, yes. I would contact Lumitec to determine the current draw, but being LED, the wires and switch should have no problem handling the load unless you connect a lot of lights but even then, it's not a difficult thing to deal with- a pair of heavier wires, a relay, a fuse and a few terminals.

If you want to plan for the future, look at YouTube for videos about Lumitec's Pico. It's pretty cool.

Comment

• MLA
          MC Devotee
          • May 2012

Are these lights all compatible with factory wiring?
          The safe answer is no.

Comment

• Proedge
            TT Enthusiast
            • Jun 2019

I was just thinking about ordering two of the Lumitec's SeaBlazeX Mini lights. They seem to be able to do the job without costing an arm and a leg. They are 670 lumens for the Spectrum model.

The wiring should be something like this, with a 5amp fuse. I'm guessing 5 amps should be enough for a couple LED lights..
            Attached Files

Comment

• JimN
              MC Master Poster
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by MLA View Post
              The safe answer is no.
              Explain.

Comment

• JimN
                MC Master Poster
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Proedge View Post
                I was just thinking about ordering two of the Lumitec's SeaBlazeX Mini lights. They seem to be able to do the job without costing an arm and a leg. They are 670 lumens for the Spectrum model.

The wiring should be something like this, with a 5amp fuse. I'm guessing 5 amps should be enough for a couple LED lights..
                Their website shows that each light is rated for 5A- that means you need heavier wire from the battery to the switch. Find the rating for the switch (it should be on the switch, usually on the side or back) and if you need a diagram for the heavier wire, fuse, etc, let me know.

If you use the Mini lights, they're rated for 990mA, so the existing switch and wiring will work but if you want to use the Spectrum lights, it will need to be re-wired.

Comment

• Proedge
                  TT Enthusiast
                  • Jun 2019

The Quattro lights seem to be rated at 2.5 amps each. Those would be ok?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• MLA
                    MC Devotee
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by JimN View Post
                    Explain.
                    "ANY" is pretty broad.

Comment

• MLA
                      MC Devotee
                      • May 2012

Their website shows that each light is rated for 5A- that means you need heavier wire from the battery to the switch. Find the rating for the switch (it should be on the switch, usually on the side or back) and if you need a diagram for the heavier wire, fuse, etc, let me know.

If you use the Mini lights, they're rated for 990mA, so the existing switch and wiring will work but if you want to use the Spectrum lights, it will need to be re-wired.
                      LOL, want me to explain myself, then you go on and prove my point

Comment

• JimN
                        MC Master Poster
                        • Jul 2004

"ANY" is pretty broad.
                        Show me where I used ‘any’ in my comments.

The OP needed specifics, not a general negative answer. Why do you want to start a pissing contest?

Comment

• MLA
                          MC Devotee
                          • May 2012

The OP needed specifics, not a general negative answer. Why do you want to start a pissing contest?
                          Jeez dude, go back and read my post and WHO I QUOTED

talk about someone wanting to start a pissing contest.

Comment

• LDA6339
                            MC Maniac
                            • May 2016

Jeez dude, go back and read my post and WHO I QUOTED

talk about someone wanting to start a pissing contest.
                            You two agree lol
                            2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

• CantRepeat
                              • Jul 2008

If you don't want to crack your gel coat then chamfer the gel coat at 45 degrees to a depth the screw threads wont screw into the gel coat but rather into the under laying fiberglass. If the threads of the screw don't bite the gel coat you have almost zero chance of cracking the gel coat. At this point the only thing that will cause a crack is you over tightening the screws.
                              -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Proedge
                                TT Enthusiast
                                • Jun 2019

any other good underwater light options that aren't going to cost me almost a thousand dollars for two lights?

Comment

Working...
                                X