• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captain planet
    MC Platinum
    • Aug 2005

Real news on Coronavirus.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Our news is just there to keep us living scared..... It's time to do news again.
    2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

"The one who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find themselves in places no one has ever been before." - Albert Einstein

Comment

• mmskiboat
      TT Enthusiast
      • Sep 2019

If you are into data this is a very respected source (John Hopkins):

It is a data visualization of all cases around the world (that have been reported):

Helps give an idea of how quickly this is spreading around the world and totals (deaths, recovered). The nice thing to see is the total recovered growing.

Comment

• mmskiboat
        TT Enthusiast
        • Sep 2019

Also here is some information from the Director-General of the World Health Organization.

If you are 60+, or have an underlying condition like cardiovascular disease, a respiratory condition or diabetes, you have a higher risk of developing severe #COVID19. Try to avoid crowded areas, or places where you might interact with people who are sick. #coronavirus

Link:

This is a reason I'm concerned about people trying to contain when it comes to a community. We know that most are going to be fine and have a mild case of flu (80%) but those that are older are at a much higher risk. I hope that people try and help any older people that are alone to provide food etc should a community spread happen to help protect them. This would help them and the hospitals that have limited supplies to treat severe cases.

Comment

• mikeg205
          MC Master Poster
          • Aug 2011

More perspective... 600 million people get sick and 420 thousand people die from food borne illnesses... yeah apples and oranges and its pocketed unlike nCovid-19.

But what should be really a fright is.. 1.25 million people a year die in car crashes per yer in the USA thats 3287 deaths per day..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
          sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• captain planet
            MC Platinum
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
            More perspective... 600 million people get sick and 420 thousand people die from food borne illnesses... yeah apples and oranges and its pocketed unlike nCovid-19.

But what should be really a fright is.. 1.25 million people a year die in car crashes per yer in the USA thats 3287 deaths per day..

^^^This.

I like to bring up this stat when gun control nuts start their $hit.
            2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

"The one who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find themselves in places no one has ever been before." - Albert Einstein

Comment

• ahhudgins
              MC Maniac
              • Jun 2009

1.2 million is world wide deaths. The U.S. average is around 40,000 now...which is still a lot.
              “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

• lashburn1
                MC Addict
                • Aug 2013

I am far less concerned with the "chance" Coronavirus spreading and killing people than I am with
                "Reality" of it very tangible affects on an already leveling off/downward turn of the economy.

While it (the stock market) was already due to correct itself Downward , FEAR, is real when it comes to markets and business.

We had our 1st Virus related direct affect to our business last night. A client had to cancel a reservation with us due to an Entire convention CANCELING this week in San Diego. Real $$ lost by real people. Not FAKE for me.

IMO , be more worried about you short term finances , than contracting the Virus itself.

Stocks will bounce in the coming weeks/months, they will not go near there peaks again, but they will stabilize at a more realistic level.
                sigpic
                2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

• Ski-me
                  MC Maniac
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by lashburn1 View Post
                  I am far less concerned with the "chance" Coronavirus spreading and killing people than I am with
                  "Reality" of it very tangible affects on an already leveling off/downward turn of the economy.

While it (the stock market) was already due to correct itself Downward , FEAR, is real when it comes to markets and business.

We had our 1st Virus related direct affect to our business last night. A client had to cancel a reservation with us due to an Entire convention CANCELING this week in San Diego. Real $$ lost by real people. Not FAKE for me.

IMO , be more worried about you short term finances , than contracting the Virus itself.

Stocks will bounce in the coming weeks/months, they will not go near there peaks again, but they will stabilize at a more realistic level.
                  Interesting you bring the canceling thing up. We are currently scheduled to fly to Maui on Friday (6 days), and stay there for 2 weeks. Our kids fly in one week after we arrive. At this point we are definitely concerned what can develop over that 2 week period. And if something does, we're potentially stuck on an island. Checking our VRBO's....not much insurance for this. So we would definitely be out of a lot of cash.
                  - Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

• lashburn1
                    MC Addict
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Ski-me View Post
                    Interesting you bring the canceling thing up. We are currently scheduled to fly to Maui on Friday (6 days), and stay there for 2 weeks. Our kids fly in one week after we arrive. At this point we are definitely concerned what can develop over that 2 week period. And if something does, we're potentially stuck on an island. Checking our VRBO's....not much insurance for this. So we would definitely be out of a lot of cash.
                    Yep.....thats a "Real" Problem...while the chances of you or your family being affect by the Virus itself are minumal at best.... you could very well be affeced by the precautions taken, along with Fear, towards the Virus.

If would be probematic for me to have my kids stuck so far from me and beyond my control /reach to help them.

....cascading problems...
                    sigpic
                    2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                    2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                    2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                    2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                    2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                    2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                    2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                    2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                    2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

• mikeg205
                      MC Master Poster
                      • Aug 2011

Yeah, there is a big print show in orlando 4/1. Wonder if it will go on.

sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• Ski-me
                        MC Maniac
                        • Mar 2007

Yep.....thats a "Real" Problem...while the chances of you or your family being affect by the Virus itself are minumal at best.... you could very well be affeced by the precautions taken, along with Fear, towards the Virus.

If would be probematic for me to have my kids stuck so far from me and beyond my control /reach to help them.

....cascading problems...
                        We’re all discussing now... I’ll be out $10k if no reimbursements ☹️
                        - Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

• gwozhog
                          MC Devotee
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by ahhudgins View Post
                          I’ve built up a tolerance to every virus known to man. I lick every machine, mat, and free weight that I use at the gym…at least twice a week.
                          I could think of a few potential hazards you probably have not tasted yet to build your super immune system but this is a family forum so I will not go there😂

Comment

• gwozhog
                            MC Devotee
                            • Jul 2013

I think there is going to be some smoking deals on used and new boats come this seasons end

Comment

• MC25
                              MC Master Poster
                              • Nov 2007

Like others have said, we were bound for a market correction. Media blaming corona virus just helps push their fear mongering agenda. Couple the media fear mongering with an election year, things will slow down. People need to chill.
                              Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                              Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                              2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                              For Sale:
                              2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• lashburn1
                                MC Addict
                                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
                                I think there is going to be some smoking deals on used and new boats come this seasons end
                                eggggggggggsactly
                                sigpic
                                2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                                2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                                2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                                2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                                2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                                2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                                2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                                2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                                2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment