• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maniacmikes
    MC Devotee
    • May 2014

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
    MM, you got your next rig ID’d yet?
    Not yet. I have my eye on a few options, with used prices so high it makes it hard not to buy new.
    The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

• tommydbouy
      TT Enthusiast
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by family_man View Post
      So I happened to stumble upon this website and after entering in all my build customizations it dead on matched the MSRP(excluding the tower license fee). So someone with knowledge of all the msrp costs of each accessory took the time to enter them. And I will say the invoice price is pretty close to what the dealership is charging me, so that is a plus!

https://seedealercost.com/marine/bro...ufacturer/5606
      I punched my build in from my 2020 XT22. The 2021 MSRP was about 8% more and the invoice was about 10% more than I paid for a custom build.

I had been working with my dealer for about 2 years on either buying a stock demo or building new. Over that period the best deal was by far on fall order when they had multiple build slots available. Conversely in the previous winter at the boat show there was not as much of a discount because they were selling well and they had limited build spots available. In this crazy year, who knows how many build spots are filled right now, what supply chain issues they are having, and what material prices have gone way up.

Comment

• wallnut21
        MC Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

In my experience dealers will do 20% off MSRP without hesitation. That leads me to believe there is a lot of margin in these units like TarHeelMC stated. Like 35-40%.

Comment

• jbmccul
          MC Maniac
          • Jan 2015

For those that have done a custom order, I'm assuming that you pay the dealer a deposit to order the boat, but do you start paying on the boat itself at the time of purchase or upon delivery?
          2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
          2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
          Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
          Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

• Ironhorse
            MC Devotee
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by jbmccul View Post
            For those that have done a custom order, I'm assuming that you pay the dealer a deposit to order the boat, but do you start paying on the boat itself at the time of purchase or upon delivery?
            You are correct. You pay a deposit at the time of the order and pay for the boat itself on delivery.

Comment

• jbmccul
              MC Maniac
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
              You are correct. You pay a deposit at the time of the order and pay for the boat itself on delivery.
              Thanks for the info, appreciate it!

Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

• family_man
                TT Regular
                • Sep 2020

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
                Can confirm as well, paid a deposit to hold my build slot and once the boat is at the dealership I have 30 days to take ownership

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• John Johnson
                  MC Devotee
                  • Aug 2013

Yes. 10%

Comment

• jbmccul
                    MC Maniac
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by John Johnson View Post
                    Yes. 10%
                    Ok, good to know. Wasn't sure if it was more of a fee (1k-2k) or your initial down payment when ordering. Sounds like the latter.

Comment

• eecyclone
                      MC Devotee
                      • Oct 2014

Custom Build Discount

Ok, good to know. Wasn't sure if it was more of a fee (1k-2k) or your initial down payment when ordering. Sounds like the latter.

I think my deposit was $500-$1,000 to secure the build slot. I was told it was a refundable deposit, but didn’t test them on that. I had worked with the dealer for awhile and they trusted I wasn’t going to walk away from the deal. Additionally with the color scheme and options I selected the dealer could have easily sold the boat without much hassle. I’ve always heard more outrageous color schemes require a larger deposit, and maybe a non-refundable deposit.
                      '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
                      (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
                      '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
                      www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

• jbmccul
                        MC Maniac
                        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by eecyclone View Post
                        I think my deposit was $500-$1,000 to secure the build slot. I was told it was a refundable deposit, but didn’t test them on that. I had worked with the dealer for awhile and they trusted I wasn’t going to walk away from the deal. Additionally with the color scheme and options I selected the dealer could have easily sold the boat without much hassle. I’ve always heard more outrageous color schemes require a larger deposit, and maybe a non-refundable deposit.
                        Makes sense, your boat is classic. Skittles 1 and 2 on the other hand.....

Comment

• JohnE
                          Super Moderator
                          • Jan 2006

Most here know we can't talk specifics on pricing on this forum. With that said, I've posted before that 20% of msrp is a very good deal. Depending on many variables, I've seen that number be higher or lower. Feel free to PM me for any more detailed opinion.
                          Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• Ironhorse
                            MC Devotee
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by family_man View Post
                            Can confirm as well, paid a deposit to hold my build slot and once the boat is at the dealership I have 30 days to take ownership

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
                            This is all dealership dependent. I put down $5K and picked up the boat as soon as the dealer had it ready. I know if they have the space and probably a larger down payment, they would probably hold it for you.

Comment

• Loewen
                              TT Regular
                              • May 2015

In our experience, 15%-20% off MSRP is a ringer and if not, your dealer is gouging you. There is also room for more, depending on the dealer and if MC is currently discounting any build options at the time. I'm in an area that allowed me to purchase from two dealerships. One was more % off MSRP, but terrible service. The other had exceptional service, but weren't as willing to negotiate price. My biggest complaint is MC not allowing purchase of NEW outside your region. We split two regions, so had the option.

When you ask questions regarding "how much off MSRP", generally folks look at it as a % when negotiating for new, not a $ figure. I was darn happy with the % off MSRP we got on the last two new boats and because of this forum, also knew it was at the far end of what folks thought was possible.

After jumping into a different brand of boat and a dealership that has provided us with the best buying experience and service I've ever had, I probably should have paid a little more for the MC's in hindsight and gone with the better dealer.

Comment

• MeyersRL
                                TT Enthusiast
                                • Sep 2020

As said before I don’t think I can share my exact order details but if you live in SoCal then Brian at Cali Marine has given us a great deal. (On par/better than what’s listed in this thread). They let us lake test no problem and worked with us on our custom order through every step. Very happy so far with the experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X